The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mateusz

Name this succulent!!

hello :)

my friend gave me a succulent about 6 months ago and i have had it in a pot ever since

it is almost starting to flower. and i can tell its goin to be beautiful....

does nayone know what kind of succulent this is? how often do they flowerr?

i love it

succulent.jpg

Nice, but I've got a feeling that those 'weedy' and 'uninteresting' seedlings may overtake very soon :wink:

Hahaha...damn weeds!!

thanks for that...I've got one of these, and a smaller variety...I didn't beleive Benzito when he said they were Hawortias (sorry Bboy)

I like the turgid translucency of the leaves...I dig Fenestraria spp. for the same reason.

I just googled 'Haworthia Maughanii' and was surprised by the variety of forms, some very 'un-hawortish'.

mateusz what the hell is that plant in your avatar ? :blink: i want one

i think its some sort of cauliflower or other vegetable. i cant remember exactly but someone posted something about it on EBA a while ago

edit: have a look here. Romanesque cauliflower

Edited by genki

ahem, Haworthia maughanii because the second latin word never starts with a capital letter.

wandjina, you allways did it right don't start doing it wrong now, suppose you copied and pasted...

and i know i can hardly spell and make a lot of mistakes in my posts, but those capital letter's at the second latin name gives me the shivers.

thanks for the info guys!

ill post a piccy once it flowers. gettin close now...

and yeh, it is a romanesque cauliflour. you can buy them from any good fruit and veg store. they are actually quite tasty! and very fractalic

cauli.jpg

yum!

thanks for that...I've got one of these, and a smaller variety...I didn't beleive Benzito when he said they were Hawortias (sorry Bboy)

That was me! (or did you show me a different one :P)

wandjina, you allways did it right don't start doing it wrong now, suppose you copied and pasted...

and i know i can hardly spell and make a lot of mistakes in my posts, but those capital letter's at the second latin name gives me the shivers.

oh shit...did I forget to dot my 'i's too? :unsure::rolleyes:

If I may:

Wandjina, you always did it right, don't start doing it wrong now. I suppose you copied and pasted,

and I know I can hardly spell and make a lot of mistakes in my posts, but those capital letters in the second Latin name give me the shivers.

You may wanna brush up on your grammar too :wink: .

That was me! (or did you show me a different one tongue.gif)

sorry apo...on both counts :blush: You were right, and then I attributed it to someone else...credit where credit is due :worship:

Edited by wandjina

Did I take this photo?

probly!!

im not quite sure where i got it from... but i have gone through your photos and saved some to my computer. they are amazing!! expecially the fungus ones. you have quite the gift!

60F.1. All specific and infraspecific epithets should be written with a small initial letter, although authors desiring to use capital initial letters may do so when the epithets are directly derived from the names of persons (whether actual or mythical), or are vernacular (or non-Latin) names, or are former generic names.