The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Humanfuel

Growing Kit from overseas......??????

Hey Guys....... I got another question about posting things into Australia from the US.....!!!!!

Please refer to my last post "Spores from Overseas.....????".......!!!!!

OK.... so now.... this girl I'm getting the spores from...... she's got a spare Growing Kit lying around.... that one of her mates used.... but since, has stopped growing..... and says that she will send it over.. for only the cost of postage....!!!!......... Good deal I think....!!!!!..... :unsure: ....!!!!!

The only thing I am conserned about.... is that if opened at customer..... this obviously prooves intent to grow the spores that are sent to me...... I have told her to send them seperately....... and I mean I will only be using the Growing Kit to grow edibles.....!!!!!....... :innocent_n: ...... and just look at the other spores under my newly aquired microscope......!!!!!!!

.....do you guys think this will be a bit of a bad move on my part.......????????

i know i wouldnt risk it, id just get the print.

...... she has just got back to me with what the kit consists of......

check it out..... HERE....

It's listed for US$205..... and she only wants $20 for it.... which she reckons will cover the postage costs......!!!!!!!......

Thanks Amulte....... I'm starting to think I should give it a skip..... I will be able to collect stuff over here......... BUT just not at that price........ :o ....!!!!!

grow kits are dodgy, just get the spores. wouldnt a used grow kit be pretty much useless anyway - possibly full of contams?

Thanks for sorting my head out........ It's just the spores for me.......!!!!!!

....I told her I won't be taking the Growing Kit....!!!!!!!

....it was just soooo cheap.....!!!..... :( ....!!!!!...... I guess it's worth it though.... not getting myself into any trouble...!!!!!

Edited by Humanfuel

Ive never useda grow kit - and from what ive read they arent worth it.

A $200 kit is surely a hardware kit u could easily buy or make here. innoculated kits from the netherlands actually work well but need to be used within a few weeks of making and kept sterile. customs and quarantine dont allow these kits into aus. sounds suss and too much trouble from ur end and hers...

A $200 kit is surely a hardware kit u could easily buy or make here. innoculated kits from the netherlands actually work well but need to be used within a few weeks of making and kept sterile. customs and quarantine dont allow these kits into aus. sounds suss and too much trouble from ur end and hers...

...Yeah.... I decided it was too much of a chance anyway...... I mean I can always get equip from Rev (for legit purposes ONLY...... :innocent_n: ...)..... or the hardware store down the road.....!!!!!.....

....so I'm just getting the prints...... hope she does't F#@$ me over...... I checked her rating on the Shroomery and she seems to have been good on all the trades she has done...... so thought it would be a safe move...!!!!