The Corroboree
naja naja

Amanita muscaria

just found this thread and read right through it, well, most of it...

there IS a lot of confusion about amanita muscaria...

and what's most stunning about this particular thread here is that there isn't a single valid "trip-report"...

teo comes closest with his experience of taking amanita, then getting pissed and taking acid...

well impossible to say which drug did what...

really enjoyed ed's tale about his mother eating those cookies...

reminds me of one time when my brother and I fed our father a couple of cannabis-cookies (filled with NorthQueenslandVarietysuperstrong cannabis)

it was so cool...

he was already over 60 and close to Parkinson's disease (which we didn't know yet)

and didn't talk much anymore...

but that night he became young again: he talked and talked and talked and practically re-lived joyful parts of his younger days, I haven't seen him that alive since...

by now he's been dead over 14 years...

yes, cannabis, greatest and most powerful of drugs...

ok back to amanita...

well does anyone have a straight-forward trip report?

A FOAF i know has had some experiences...

he first took some amanita a few years ago, probably ate them after cooking as far as i remember...

he went into dreams states which were very dissociative and hard to remember later on...

somehow similar to opium dreams as experienced when a tolerance has not yet been established;

more recently, he has just cooked tea, drank it, and discarded the mushrooms...

somewhat shocked to read that ed does it the other way around: discard the water and consume the mushroom...

one thing he has to try is what torsten mentioned:

cook them for over an hour to turn muscimol into ibotenic acid...

his Foaf lately does not have any experiences to share:

a couple of times he took tea made from 15 g of the shroom, only to fall asleep, and the next morning, have very little recollection of wild dreams...

one thing is for sure:

amanita is a powerful aphrodisiac:

Every morning upon awaking, after consuming amanita the night before, his rod was iron-hard... and not because he had to pee....

otherwise: just memories of very colourful dreams, deep blue oceans, golden cities etc.

How could one make these experiences more concious?

...cook them for over an hour to turn muscimol into ibotenic acid...

Other way around.

Every morning upon awaking, after consuming amanita the night before, his rod was iron-hard... and not because he had to pee....

It is a fallacy (no pun intended) that 'morning glory' is caused by needing to pee. I just feels like it is because we wake up with both sensations and relate them.

...just done some checking up. Wikipedia says contrary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erection

Ask Alice agrees with me though: http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1518.html

I think what wiki says is the old thinking though. I'm pretty sure it's been disproven now...

I have never had an erection in the day from needing to pee. If anything it makes it harder to get an erection. Why would it be any different at night?

Other way around.

It is a fallacy (no pun intended) that 'morning glory' is caused by needing to pee. I just feels like it is because we wake up with both sensations and relate them.

...just done some checking up. Wikipedia says contrary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erection

Ask Alice agrees with me though: http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1518.html

I think what wiki says is the old thinking though. I'm pretty sure it's been disproven now...

I have never had an erection in the day from needing to pee. If anything it makes it harder to get an erection. Why would it be any different at night?

hahaha, the ol' piss fat....

ya ever heard of "the traveler". An unfortunate condition frequently encountered whilst riding on trains and trams and to a lesser extent in a car.

sorry to go off topic,

But yeah an old friend tried the "papa smurfs" a few years back. He dried out 2 medium to large amanitas till completely dry, then powdered them and bombed it rolled in a tally ho paper.

He said for the first hour (he thinks) or so, he though that his heart rate was slowing so much it was going to stop and he would die. This encouraged him to do numerous exercises so he could feel his heart and hear his breathing again. He told me he doesnt remember a great deal after that except he lay down and drifted into a deep sleep where he "flew" across huge rainforest valleys full of brilliantly coloured birds flying everywhere.he stated he will never have them again.

He hasnt touched a single mushroom since, and that was over five years ago.

I've only smoked the dryed skins. Something's in there - it was a pleasant, spacy feeling.

ya ever heard of "the traveler". An unfortunate condition frequently encountered whilst riding on trains and trams and to a lesser extent in a car.

Hahahah The Traveller ey?

Yeah, I've encountered The Traveller on many a journey :wink:.

Actually, I used to travel a lot in the classroom at school. Completely spontaneous, with no provocation! It was always during these situations that the teacher would ask me to do things like come stand in front of the class. I would just sit and look stupid for about 1 minute while the teacher got angry and the whole class stared at me. Fortunately the embarrassment would cause the symptoms to pass very quickly. Which was lucky for me..

I do remember once in maths (yeah, I know what you're thinking - MATHS! IN MATHS!? ARE YOU CRAZY!) being forced to stand before being completely free to do so and a friend yelled out 'He's got a semi'. Man that was embarrassing.. Stupid traveller!

Edited by Pelinster

A man I met told me of an Amanita experience he had the week before.

At some point, he walked down into the house basement, to find it full of well dressed peopling just standing there. As he walked through them, he says he heard the voice of what he perceived to be 'god', although he himself is quite aethiest. This godly voice conversed with him for some time, related him to the others in the room (none of which were actually there), and gave him compliments in very subtle ways (can't remember exactly what it was the man said, but along those lines).

He said it was a very powerful experience and found it greatly introspective. Sounded better coming from him, as he experienced it and all, but you get the idea..

I found it a pretty interesting story.

Edited by alkatrope

okay okay i won't argue this one.

i just remembered, this must be some brainwashing stuck inside me from my relationship with my 2nd wife.

When I woke up (most mornings) trying to insert it, she used to brush me off saying:

"Stop that! That thing is just hard because you need to pee..."

I always felt that wasn't so, but what can you do when you want to be an obedient little husband...

witch_burning_big.jpg Edited by reshroomED

Detectives? You must be joking.

I never send no detectives anywhere...

if it's about what I've written here, well if one reads your post one has to assume your mother ate those bikkies...

just logged in to say "thanks" for Torsten's advice:

Cooking those things for an hour makes all the difference:

No more yukky flavour, and the stuff actually really works, says FOAF.

Def simmer the lil red guys for an hour then drink the juice.

Don't know about eating them too, yes or no?

Mr Moderator, Bluemeanie, old buddy, in case you didn't notice;

Ed's post , namely the one above my posts here, is incriminating and insulting me and that is against forum rules.

Just in case you overlooked it.

re 'morning glories', the reason why the happen in the morning is because at this time the body releases large amounts of dopamine to overpower the tryptamine/serotonin state of the sleep phase. This raises body core temperature, causes one to wake up, and as a side effect also promotes bladder filling.

While bladder filling itself is not usually the cause of massive hard ons, during the sleep and waking cycle it does focus the subconscious attention (ie nerve impulses, blood flow etc) to the pelvic area, which in turn can be a trigger for an erection. This is not the same during the waking part fo the day, where we consciously suppress the pee urge which also suppresses the sexual stimulation urge.

The main culprit for spontaneous erections is probably dopamine surges. These can be natural or can be artifically induced. As mentioned above, the morning glory is likely to be due to the dopamine surges related to our waking cycle.

Sorry i wasnt up with this thread and apparently someone was naughty - for the life of me i cant actually how - maybe reshroomed edited the post?? Either way thanks for the pm about it - i wasnt actually reading this thread much and last time i did it was quite civil.

There is a rule about traveller fats. THey only occur within 3 minutes of your destination no matter the distance travelled.

Took a forum mate to my local amanita spot and its been totally cleaned out, I really dont think the seasons over already. Wasnt even any remnants :ana:

Whilst back on the topic of amanita.. I know that their legality has been discussed b4 and i also thought that they were illegal to ingest, but then i saw a certain shop selling them openly in their store. So now im just confused :wacko::bong:

they're s9 as far as I know. Doesn't mean people won't sell them. They're taking a risk when they do, but it's not as high profile as something like heroin, and most cops probably have no idea what they are, let alone that they're illegal.