The Corroboree
naja naja

Amanita muscaria

I just found literally hundreds of these guys all over a park where I live...

***DROOLS***

...Literally (if you know what I mean) :wink:

I just found literally hundreds of these guys all over a park where I live...

U lucky bugger,

Prints prints!

Have a good day.

Yeah they are up in the hills in northern vic - but no sign in melbourne where i am anyway

they have been popping up all around mt wellington here in hobart

Amanitas found in North-East Vic round the mountains. Will try to get some prints.

some shots i took yesterday.

post-1178-1145408035_thumb.jpg

post-1178-1145408249_thumb.jpg

post-1178-1145408421_thumb.jpg

post-1178-1145408657_thumb.jpg

Awesome shots prier. Inspiring :D

I see all the pre-requisites, fallen types of branches/twigs indicating a pine or similar tree nearby, dew on the grass and so on...

If only it would rain properly in Sydney...it's been 2-3 weeks!

If only it would rain properly in Sydney...it's been 2-3 weeks!
totally.... anyone know of any affective rain dances???? :( maybe all us n.s.walers should get together and dance naked around a fire :bootyshake:

Edited by soul-searching

totally.... anyone know of any affective rain dances???? :( maybe all us n.s.walers should get together and dance naked around a fire :bootyshake:

Hahah I think it might be a good idea, perhaps then god will just cut to the chase and rain down the manna :)

some shots i took yesterday.

Prints, Prints, Prints PLEASE!!!!!!

They don't have to be super sterile, just try to make them cleanish. Please, 10 or more. PM me we'll work out a deal.

Cheers guys n gals

Naja

:ph34r:

C'mon Guys n Gals. :(

PLEASE! Just bake some alfoil in the oven @ 250degC for 15min. Allow to cool, and in a covered area(like a rubbermaid tub) Place the cap onto alfoil for 12-24 hours. Remove cap, allow print to dry for 12 more hours in tub, then fold it up, put it in a GLAD bag and send it over to me please. Or if u can't be bothered doing that just print it on clean computer paper inside a freezer bag.(to minimize airflow)

Plenty of pictures to tease, but still not a single spore print.

Please, please, please

Naja

:ph34r:

Ahh this thread just reminded me.

Must take a 5 min walk down the hill and pick some of the many that grow there every year :lol:

Will be happy to make spore prints if anyone wanted.. I'm new here, could Amanita M prints be used in that section where you takes then offer products?

Amanitas (both deathcap and Fly Agaric) are ALL OVER the older streets of Camberwell (the ones with the 50+ yr old oaks).

Check the side streets along Burke road, between Camberwell Junction and Toorak road, if you go 12-24hrs after some rains I gaurantee you won't be dissapointed.

This is a a smaller immature specimen, from a patch of around 30-40 of various ages, I noticed them driving along the street. Once my agar arrives It'll be added to my culture-bank of wild strains, yay for Mycology! :)

post-1371-1147252674_thumb.jpg

AmanitaMay-200610.jpg

AmanitaMay-20061.jpg

Wow stunning photography!

Did you take those?

I did indeed, thanks :D

Hey guys,

Sorry, I couldn't be bothered going through the whole thread, so if this question has been answered already please forgive me.

I have a stack of A.M. - picked about a week ago. Have done research on preparation etc. but I only want to use them next week. So they've just been sitting around on an oven rack type thing... Anyway, my question is: will they be rotten by the time I wanna use them? If so, is there something I can do NOW to save them???

Cheers,

RT

:rolleyes:

Dry them using the proper procedures as soon as possible.

Powder the dried cap material so you have an even potency batch of material.

Keep it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.

Should last months to years like this.

Thanx alkatrope!

We've fired up the oven to the lowest setting (according to a method from the Shroomery) and then we'll dry them for 1 hour.

We're then gonna use a mouli to turn them to powder, then on the night we're gonna boil water, add the powder and let simmer for 45 mins. Then drink when cool enough (well my friend is doing it on his birthday and I'm staying straight and conducting a bit of a ritual.)

Any problems with this method?

B)

Oh, and the guy who picked them has just given us the caps - is that OK? Cos the "recipe" said something about a 3:1 cap-stem ratio.

:unsure:

Edited by RubyTuesday

We tried some in Amsterdam where they were sold dried and did a boil up thing, and while they didnt taste too bad, they also did'nt have any activity at that dose (which was 20grams of dried material between two people).

I mean, we were in Amsterdam, so we had been smoking and had taken some Ecuadorean mushies the day before, but nothing happened. I had expected something oblique, as described in Breaking Open the Head, but didnt get any sensation really at all.

Obviously the dosage was too low, but the guy at the smart shop we bought them from had said to be careful, because there could be physical reactions too. At the same time, while they were selling the products legally, and they were apparently safe, no one knew much about Amanita, certainly none had direct experiences to describe. Folk-lorically they were dangerous - and they look it. But McKenna reckoned that the sheer consumption of a dangerous amount (or even active amount) itself was difficult. In oter words it was dangerous if you had a lot of it, but it was difficult to have a lot of it. But this might not be true with dried.

Has anyone else had experiences in Amsterdam or their gnomes had experiences here that can clarify dosage and experiences?

do these wild amanitas growing round your streets grow naturally? Or have some hippies been injecting amanita spores there to make them grow? Also, is there very much difference between the identification of the various types of amanitas because I thought some types were still deadly, even when boiled?

is there very much difference between the identification of the various types of amanitas because I thought some types were still deadly, even when boiled?

A cubic centimeter sized piece of Amanita phalloides or A. virosa will kill you. As far as I know it makes no difference how cooked it is. So yeah, stay away from other amanitas. There maybe amanitas that aren't dangerous, but with so many killers in the genus, I wouldn't go near anything other than the easily identifiable A. muscaria.

As everyone else has said, those photos are WICKED!

Thanx alkatrope!

We've fired up the oven to the lowest setting (according to a method from the Shroomery) and then we'll dry them for 1 hour.

We're then gonna use a mouli to turn them to powder, then on the night we're gonna boil water, add the powder and let simmer for 45 mins. Then drink when cool enough (well my friend is doing it on his birthday and I'm staying straight and conducting a bit of a ritual.)

Any problems with this method?

B)

Oh, and the guy who picked them has just given us the caps - is that OK? Cos the "recipe" said something about a 3:1 cap-stem ratio.

:unsure:

Sounds ok to me, although oven on the lowest setting can still be above 100, and you want around 85-90C - this can be achieved by leaving the door open a little and having a thermometer in there to keep track of the temp.

Cap material is best, scraping out the gills is even better (if you have an abundance of mushrooms, that is).

As for the boiling and drinking, I'd personally recommend against that. The taste of Amanita tea is fowler than ayahuasca.

Edited by alkatrope