The Corroboree
naja naja

Amanita muscaria

Are these coming up anywhere yet?

Are these coming up anywhere yet?

Not until it gets wetter...around easter down south

it definately feels like a change of season is taking place, the nights are starting to cool down nicely. summer has been fun but its also been hot and long. im looking forward to autumn and winter so i can get out and look for these mushrooms as i havent seen one since i was a kid

it definately feels like a change of season is taking place, the nights are starting to cool down nicely. summer has been fun but its also been hot and long. im looking forward to autumn and winter so i can get out and look for these mushrooms as i havent seen one since i was a kid

Hot and long my arse!!!!!!!!!!

Over here on the west coast we've only had about two weeks of summer last week getting up to 40 for a day or two. Cold nights too! 1 maybe 2 slightly no jumper nights, All summer it's just been mild fuct drizzely rain. Oh and we had about a week of summer at the bigining, but apart from that it feels like I went straight from spring to winter. With a real short summer.

:ph34r:

yes but your on the other side of the country, i stand by my statement. summer in melbourne has been hot and long. i work with a couple of people from perth and they went home at various stages over summer only to come back complaining that the weather was better here

yes but your on the other side of the country, i stand by my statement. summer in melbourne has been hot and long. i work with a couple of people from perth and they went home at various stages over summer only to come back complaining that the weather was better here

Sorry, just a bit annoyed with this wheather lately. :angry:

hopefully Autumn will b nicer.

These mushrooms interest me greatly for many reasons. Not that I'll ever ingest them (I wouldn't want to break the law. :P ), but they do have a look about them that beckons but also says beware.

Theres a great thread from 2002 here somewhere, well worth reading!! if you're interested, shows just how variable this one can be!

These mushrooms interest me greatly for many reasons. Not that I'll ever ingest them (I wouldn't want to break the law. :P ), but they do have a look about them that beckons but also says beware.

i know what you mean, for most people they are probably the image that comes to mind when they think of mushrooms. i remember being told to stay away from them when i was younger because they were deadly poisenous. of course for a kid that just made them all the more intersting. that interest has never really died, whenever i see a picture on the net something stirs inside me. i cant wait to hopefully see some again this year

woops, double post

Edited by genki

....japan seems to have a real thing for em.

hell just play some mario and that should be pretty damn clear straight away.

:lol:

I love the way in mario eating an amanita makes you grow big and give you a second life. Makes one wonder what the creators of mario were into?

Just a reminder to any1 that way be finding these........... Could sum1 please take me 10 or so as sterile as possible sporeprints. Preferably from known material.

Thanks heaps

Naja

Where I grew up we usually get millions of amanitas, I'll try and get some spore prints once I find out they're around.

There's an xbox game I just started playing called Oblivion and in the caves are amanita's and other mushrooms (very psilocybe looking) you can pick and harvest for health. Yeaghh!

i saw some amanitas up in some hills on the wekeend.

i saw some amanitas up in some hills on the wekeend.

There's not what I'd call anything like a hill over here. W.A. is pretty much, flat as a tak.

If ur up there again anytime soon could u please grab me a couple of prints? I doubt I have anything to offer u, but I am willing to pay a small fee for ur time and effort.

Thanks

Naja

naja - im pretty sure amanita muscaria have symbiotic relationship with pine trees etc.

they expand root network and provide more nutrients to tree while tree trades some fixed carbon.

if you are planning to grow you are going to need some host plant or something.

that said everyone on this board uses spore prints for microscopy so i dont know why im assuming you are trying to grow.

naja - im pretty sure amanita muscaria have symbiotic relationship with pine trees etc.

they expand root network and provide more nutrients to tree while tree trades some fixed carbon.

if you are planning to grow you are going to need some host plant or something.

that said everyone on this board uses spore prints for microscopy so i dont know why im assuming you are trying to grow.

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to also ask if any1 has access to a spare Pan cyan print for trade/sale? Thanks

Naja

Edited by naja naja

I just found these starting to pop up around the place, will take some spore prints soon.

Awesome dude, Thanks heaps.

PM me when u got a few prints and we can organize sumthing.

Cheers

Naja

I just found these starting to pop up around the place, will take some spore prints soon.

I normally see one or two in people's yards and in parks and what not, but haven't yet this year. Did you have to go out of melbourne to see them?

Yeah, I'm staying out in Daylesford at the moment. There always seems to be shiteloads of Mushrooms around this area.

Yeah, I'm staying out in Daylesford at the moment. There always seems to be shiteloads of Mushrooms around this area.

Cool. I'm thinking of going for a bit of a drive out of the city over the weekend to look for Fly Agarics, maybe to the dandenongs or something.

I just found literally hundreds of these guys all over a park where I live...