The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Feel like a Sydney meet?

Heylo! :)

Ideas? Anyone else feel like it? Happy to organise if there is interest...

Maybe a trip to the Psychedelic Art Gallery at Newtown if it's open?

There's some damn fine beer gardens in Newtown too... or something? Open air cinema is on again soon I think, perhaps a day in the park followed by an appropriate movie?

Let me know!

On a side note, has anyone seen or heard from Rimbaud? I emailed him the other day and have left a few pms too, to no avail. I hope he is ok?

Im up for it. anytime is good for me as always. just maybe wait for this heat to drop just a little.

i think Bacc may know about Rimbaud. living near each other that is

Psychedelic Art Gallery! Tasty, do you know the name of the space Sina, would like to chase that one up?

Would be great to come and hang with you guys again but now living on the North Coast!

Yay...that sounds great! Art gallery would be cool, but I'm into the idea of a day at the park. BBQ perhaps...and then a movie, sweet. I grew up near the park, and know some nice spots.

Re Rimbaud, we were supposed to trade, then he disappeared. Don't know if he actually told me this, or if I just made it up, but I think he might be overseas

Finally got onto Rimbaud today, he is well and good, said he will be back as soon as possible.

I think the name of the place is actually "Psychedelic Art Gallery" dude :wink:

Count me in!

I'll be there, swinging my pants above my head.

Seriously, it's this bizarre OCD-type compulsion I've developed recently. :wink:

Anyways,

I like Wandjina's idea, the park sounds good. Somewhere quiet, where we can just sit and talk is better.

Pubs, galleries, etc can all get a bit too noisy. It's a terrible environment to meet new people.

If we chill for an hour or two in a park, then all the new peoples can say 'hello' to each other, before me move on to the gallery, or a movie, etc.

I don't think we necessarily need to do something. For me, the key thing is just face-to-face time with all my friends. Instead of always interacting through this forum.

I'm going for surgery on Feb 7th, so some time in late Feb, early March? Otherwise, I could do something next weekend. But after that there will be a few weeks where I won't really be able to get out and about. :(

So, anyone got any dates that do or don't work for them?

P.S: I am dead serious Apo, or anyone. If you want to do something next weekend, the 4th and 5th, contact me. We can always have smaller, short-notice meetings. We need to try and break away from the idea of needing so much 'formality' in our meetings.

It's good to have regular, organised, large, meetings. And my hat goes off to Apothecary for being the only one motivated enough to organise us. But I want to see more frequent, but less regimented, things going on.

(end rant)

Yay...that sounds great! Art gallery would be cool, but I'm into the idea of a day at the park. BBQ perhaps...and then a movie, sweet. I grew up near the park, and know some nice spots.

i 3rd that motion. sounds good, im thinking of bringing my princess too :D

i 3rd that motion. sounds good, im thinking of bringing my princess too

yay :D and I hope K's coming along Benz....

one q...I was assuming u meant Centennial park Apo, or have i jumped the gun?

I thought it was at Centennial too, but checking http://www.stgeorge.com/openair/ says it is at Mrs. Macquaries Point...near the RBGS.

It also looks like only a few shows haven't already completely sold out...so the prospect of open air cinema isn't looking so great unless we can find our own projector and somewhere to plug it in :P

should figure a ruff idea of dates when people could come before we decide on the movie. but then again deciding on a movie could give dates to work around.

i would suggest some but im too easy ;) anything suits me mostly (unless shit hits fan)

so the prospect of open air cinema isn't looking so great unless we can find our own projector and somewhere to plug it in

Ive got this planned for our next camping trip :P:P:P

hi sydneyites,

this is part of my latest plan,i'll try it here first.

cyperus alternifolius plants really have little value as plants and dont justify the post charges unless sent in bulk.

i'm looking for about 5 people to receive 'almost free' plants.

'almost free' because i'll expect you to pay by giving them on for free to others who will give them free to others.............

and i need one person to receive the plants and give them to the others.

that is i will pay to send 5 plants to one person who will give one each to 4 or so other people, maybe at the meet.

what do you think?

got a better idea?

t s t .

you mean live potted plants? id put up my hand but 5 potted plants on a train for an hour or so would not be easy or good for the plants. otherwise id nominate myself.

live potted plants,yes,but only tubestock. a large express post satchel.

these are so hardy you could play footy with the bag and prob still grow the rhizomes!

t s t .

Yep tantra, you can mail them to me I'll pass them around, I'll even pay for half the postage if you like.

bump bump... :) So, anyone still interested in a meet?

I have a wacky idea...since my downstairs neighbour has already dobbed me in for being a wild party animal, why don't i actually have a party? i'm taking a risk here, anyone who turns up will see my pathetic excuse for a garden, how embarrassing heheh, but then it would be nice to have a barbie and a comfy/warm space to chill in, so whadya reakon?

That sounds like an awesome idea.

I am still very interested in the meet idea as I have enjoyed seeing even more new faces (met CS a few days ago and Benz yesterday) but I want everyone to turn up, and I think Benz has some surgery/recovery time coming up which is why I haven't put up some dates or something.

i'm up for it, but just hold off a week or two please, my girlfriends just about to have a baby, due this weekend :)

i'd love to see this annoying neighbour, and annoy her :) (if thats ok)

ok, cool. I just re-read benz's post, and he says around late feb/early march would be good for him. I start uni march 14, so how about either the 4th, 5th, 11th or 12th of March? I'd personally prefer the 4th or 5th...but lets see how others feel.

I would like it to be a meet, as opposed to a party per se, so it's not like you'll rock up and my place will be full of all my friends (well, maybe one or two...but to be honest, alot of my mates down here just don't understand my interest in plants)...

i'd love to see this annoying neighbour, and annoy her (if thats ok)

be my guest :D

Congrats Simon! That's awesome news :D

The fourth sounds good, out of curiosity is there a train station near your house for those of us without personal vehicular kinetic devices? Or am I gonna have to learn to fly? :P

I live in Randwick, so it would be a train to Bondi Junc and a bus pretty much to my front door, or a train to Central and a bus from there. The public transport is pretty good in the eastern suburbs.

I also have plenty of room for peeps to crash if home is far away.

The 4th sounds good to me, I say we have a BBQ starting at around 2ish and go from there. Maybe people could bring instruments (musical of course!) and we could also entertain the neighbours. :wink:

lastly, I don't wanna be a snob...but obviously I'm not gonna post my address, so maybe a similar arrangement to camping trip info?

I was just thinking, IMO meets should be completely inclusive...and having it at my place would mean it wouldn't be. I don't want to exclude anyone because they're a 'noob' or whatever, so how about we make it the 4th of March at the usual place?

My door's still open for an after-party if necessary :)

Incidentally, when March 4th came up, I kept thinking to myself...where have a heard that date before? March 4th? To March fourth?

The only date that is an order. haha :rolleyes:

Then I remembered, March 4th was the date of the brother's Mckenna 'Experiemnt at la Chorrera', the one described/explicated in 'True Hallucinations' and 'the Invisible Landscape'. I got the book off the shelf, and there it was, with Terrence's comments on it being 'the only day that is an order/command' etc....considering the ideas explored in these books, I thought that was pretty cool :D

So, what do guys reckon...shall we March fourth?

March 4th is the Mardi Gras parade too so the city will be jumping for anyone wanting to get out on the the town after.

March 4th rings a bell for something but maybe that's just because a guy I know asked if I was interested in volunteering for Mardi Gras.

But anyway, I'm definitely up for coming down and meeting you all. Count me in :).

I'll put it in the calendar then?

Early afternoon (1pmish), March 4th, usual spot (will include map in calendar entry), all welcome!

I'll be handing out lots of different seeds, so if you want to get a garden going newbies, this is your chance to do it on the cheap! :D

I will be bringing lots of fun for everyone to try, and possibly some plants to hand out too.

Last chance for a disagreement on the time/place :)