The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

separatory funnel

im looking for a sep funnel if anyone can help pm me. i got lots of goodies for trade or cash.

cheers smogs. i cant find a place that sells them that will let you order without resigtering with them, most wont even let you see the price. still looking though.......

they dont seem to sell sep funnels but they sell frozen salmon sperm

would be interesting to buy that and add it to salmon roe... :)

yeah also most places have a minimum order of 200 bucks you will find

smogs - what a cool shop. we used to have a lot of these science supplies in germany. like every larger town would have one. they stock all sorts of science gear for students of any age, from primary school bug torture devices, right up to university organic synthesis. I guess that's the difference between a society that values science rather than one that *just* values sport :rolleyes:

A sep funnel from a reputable source is not a cheap thing to buy. Mine cost $130 for a 500mL pear shaped.

Wouldn't it be easier to get one on e-Bay from the US for $30 ?

im willing to pay that. yeah i could by one from the us but then postage would be a bit and who knows if it would get here in one piece

I could never source a 500ml sep , having said that a "turkey baster" can be found in most "cheap shops" (those discount $2 style shops) and once the layers appear you can easily seperate them by sucking one away , and it only costs $2 !

hmm thats a good idea...

also i had no idea they cost that much!! YIKES!

ill be at the shop on wednesday actually.... ill look up a price for you

i might even be able to do you a deal with plants

[ 22. March 2005, 20:52: Message edited by: mole ]

that would be sweet smogs, let me know how much. other then that i think ive found a good source. i made a pump out of a pump pack and some tubing going to a pipette but thats no good for non polars. will lookin to the turkey baster

seems that turkey basters are on of the most versitile things. i did asearch on google and found that women use them to artificialy inseminate them selves.

If one was so inclined, one could make their own sep funnel.

More uses for coke bottles, anyone? :D

yeah plastic no good or the glad bag trick would be good. the cheaps sep funnels are all plastic

Another thing similar to te turkey baster I heard you could use (saw it in a DMT extraction guide somewhere...maybe DMT world) simply a syringe.

One of those big ones would work quite well probably to suck the upper layer off and leave the lower layer.

What about a glass pipette and rubber pipette bulb, CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP. Can fill the pipette in one go rather than the whole 'eye dropper' approach of the turkey baster. Is faster, easy to control (with practice) and better than anything else my gnome has used....except a sep funnel.

Teo, PM me.

lol good stuff. off subject i was mucking around and i made a vacuum filter thing

how hard is it to get glass syringes tho?

well guys ill check some prices 2morrow... if u want prices of anything else post it at the bottom here BEFORE 4pm tomorrow (wednesday)

500 ml pear shaped glass sep funnel with stopper... $30 plus postage

i cant believe you paid $130 fenris!

anyways pm me if ya interested and ill order some in... also i can bring down the price a bit with a good trade :D

after some good kava at the moment

Geez that is a good price. I am happy I have one at all though regardless of how much it cost.

If your guy has value glassware, how much for a 250mL vacuum erlenmeyer flask and buchner funnel?

Originally posted by smogs:

[QB] how hard is it to get glass syringes tho?

welQUOTE]

ph answerers: you can order them from the pharmacy for 50 bucks.

but rather look out for antique glass syringes, they are much better made!

:cool:

heh heh while flicking threw cattledog for separating funnel i came cross glass gas syringes that looked good

fenris: ill check up on those for you... hopefuloly i can get a price tomorrow otherwise it will have to wait till wednesday week coz of easter and stuff.

im pretty sure they will have them its a very large wholesale distributor that my mum deals with...

if theres alot of interested i could even setup an online catalogue thingy.. i didnt know it was so hard to get glassware. easy for me

they also do chemicals but i would have to check on mailing these as i dont want to breach the no dangerous goods declaration. when we order them they come via a special chemical courier.