The Corroboree

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGZMN5YI

okay its a work in progress - am stilll changing it a fair bit these days and will hopefully be rocking the mic on it with a mate sometime.

in meantime enjoy and let me know what you think.

also any artist names would be appreciated.

Well - niiiiiiice... and different.

I must admit that at first I giggled to myself at the beauty of the 'Aphex Twin-ish' chaos, but then I almost melted into the layered tones of pleasant sounds... and then the later half went all 'Orbish' on me. Good work - thanks. ^_^

I feel like an idiot but I can't work out how to download the track from the link that was given.

From the sounds of it sounds like something I’d really enjoy.

yeah that sites a bit fucked but all i could be bothered finding.

there is a time limit before you can download so you have to look at the ads.

next to the mega upload thing you see the count down but a banner thing pops down that you have to close before you can click on the link.

lemme know how you go.

I'm downlading it now, i'll get back to you probably next weekend (when i can next use the internet) and give you some feedback.

just thought i'd mention also i upladed another track that's a lot more experimental than my last stuff that you might find interesting, mp3.com.au said it would be up in the next 2or3 days so check back if you're interested.

Hagakure - Had a listen this morning and like the style your taking. The drums sound a little too basic for me, while I know its work in progress, they could perhaps be a little more lively, subtley changing into more complex (or the opposite deconstructed) beats through the song. Perhaps some of the instruments in the background could add more percussive rythyms.

There's some ethemeral sounds towards the end that could be introduced earlier to smooth out the sample chops and help fill the sound. For me it feels like the song's ambience is about to grow expansively but then somehow doesn't quite make it. Maybe some more layers? Anyway top work and also keen for any sort of collaboration you guys may be interested in.

Cheers

yeah going to readjust the end and i admit the drums are basic. i gotta knuckle down and work on my drum programming at somepoint.

i'll probably change the ending for this one and leave it. soup drums up on other tracks.

as for ending gonna drop the ambient and make more of a dance vibe.

cheers for feedback everyone.

if we are talking collabs i can make loops to go with other loops i hear. sometimes i use jazz samples, world samples whatever. dont pick me for coming up with the chord progressions though. i dont know any theory yet - i just go by ear.

dont pick me for coming up with the chord progressions though. i dont know any theory yet - i just go by ear.

I can help on that part. I'll try and work on making a mp3/wav of funky riffs you can splice up and arrange.

I enjoyed this track, I prefer the earlier parts where you use a break rather than the four to the floor, but I’ve always been a fan of breaks.

Just out of curiosity what did you use to write this track?

www.buzzmachines.com

free community based program. the original coder lost the source a wile ago so it has been stunted for a while. there are a few clones in development though.

i mostly use the machine mathilde tracker for samples and the chuck on various effects etc

download a big pack and give it a go. i really dig the program but there are limitations. this limitations just push your creativity in different directions though.

okay there is a new player in the scene.

with the loss of the buzz source and the original creator dropping the project buzzle looks the most promising development.

beta has just been released. im installing it now.

http://www.buzzle.de/download.php

I used buzz a few years ago but because of the software I was used to using I found it frustrating and I didn't have enough patience at the time. I'll have to give this new one a go, I think I’ve got the patience for it now.

I love the fact it is open source, I really don't have the kind of budget that can afford lots of software.

Oh, one question does this new one have midi capabilities?

the old buzz did and i think this new one should.

it is meant to be a version of buzz that is more suitable for live jamming etc.

Interesting - i liked the melody but im not often hugely into the cutup sample loop style. I look forward to the finished version.