The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Rebooting to original state

There was a study done on the effects of sleep deprivation and or/the REM state on consciousness and there were 2 groups studied in this case.Each were awoken at intervals throughout the night,one group as they entered REM state via noticing eye movement, the other at random but both groups missed the same amount of sleep per night regardless.

Of the 2 groups one group started exhibiting schizophrenic behaviour within a week whilst the others were just tired and a bit shitty.

One guess as to which was which :wink:

I'm quite interested in sleep deprivation and it's associated effects, so would you happen to have a link to this study so I can read through it?

Thanks.

' hear disassociatives like Ketamine are good for "reprogramming" your brain, would such reprogramming assist in this case, and do other disassociatives like DXM work for the same thing?'

K just made me feel like shit for days afterwards - not the kind of reprogramming I wager your chasing

thats interesting about the food. so meat and potato for dinner and meat/protein for breaky with some fruit to keep the mind sharp:)

a little trick i use for study is to study just before bed time then think about what i just learnt and think about the bits i dont understand as im dosing off, i find it easier when i sleep with my gf and she wakes me up several times before i get into deep sleep. you then think about it unconciously and its all fits together and i wake up not only understanding it but relating it to life.

there is some good wisdom in this thread. sorry to draw away from your topic apoth :)

to quickly jump back to the dream discussion (there are so many parallel discussions going on here :D)

i had some calea zachetachichi last night on top of my lack of cannabis dreams. those dreams last night were a trip. highlight was finding a trumpet i sold ages ago and playing along to some jazz. music in dreams is amazing - impossible to create in real life.

anyways - back to whatever other part of this discussion anyone wants to take it.

what is or was this elusive state apoth.

thats the question eh

Chriscore: Sorry i don't have have any link to the study as such but I remember listening to an audio seminar by Bobbe Sommer PH.D on setting and achieving goals where this study was related to for relavence to the subconscious mind and dreaming.

I think she also wrote a book called "never ask a cactus for a helping hand" though I assume the book's not about consumption of said cactus :wink:

K just made me feel like shit for days afterwards

Shit yeah... my partner and I each took a k-hole sized dose some time ago in a place it was legal to do so.

Yeah yeah lots of fun for the minute but a day after we both got the most hidjus and overwhelming case of depression. It was like even our bones were depressed, a real body effect. Took a week to get over.

Nothing I'd read prior to the experience had hinted at such an effect, but a couple of ppl I spoke to months later mentioned that it was an occasional effect for them too.

I know TGOF swears by the stuff, but you couldn't pay me to feel that bad ever again :blink:

Ive been doin this reboot lately too (trying to anyway). One thing I will say is herbs hit u so much harder when your not smoking anything. When I was weeding it up everyday kratom (when it was legal) really didnt hit me that hard, but after stopping smoking, kratom (when it was legal) was like no upper Id ever had before. Same goes for things like scullcap and hops, they knock me out good now. Good luck man its a hard road but we who take it will get our treasure ^_^

i had some calea zachetachichi last night on top of my lack of cannabis dreams. those dreams last night were a trip.

Anyone ever test Calea zacatechichi and melatonin tabs for synergy?

Heh he he ,..... If by rebooting you mean, "death & rebirth" experience,.. then do not waste time with plants & drugs too much.

if you are diciplined you can do it with your mind, unless you have some serious issues that you need to travel to the core with spirit plants! If you do it this way, you will still have to get a handle on the what it is, that is causing your problem. then again you need self or mental dicipline.

Have you ever heard of the expression - people do not value what they do not work for. that is why I think learning self dicipline is a more important thing to get handled before anyting else.

BTW - At birth your dna replication is optimal and not as much dna info is lost with replication then, then at a later stage in life, like older age! ( At least that is one of the theories of aging) so completely rebooting is not possible. What it is you need to learn is to focus your future dna replications!

The best you can do at this stage is to become or stay a centered or balanced person. Im my opinion that means that you good diet & plenty excersize. Only use drugs to get a good peek at yourself every now and then. This is my opinion of course. Also exersize your brain!

------------------------------

for death & rebirth experience - you can perhaps fool around with dangerous animals or situations - hi hi hi

Do anything to get the adrenalin going and to keep a cool head.

Go experience the world - push your boundaries and see how far you can go. - any challange will help you to understand your limitations and how to go about tackling them.

I do not think that drugs are safer then doing what I suggested here above! drugs can also seriously fuck you up if you missuse them or if you are not a stable enough person!

-----------------------------

reminds me of something - someone I know fell overboard 30 miles out to sea, while the boat was cruising at 13 kts,... when he came up above the water he yelled so hard,.. that the other person (capt) who was just about to go down in the cabin of the boat to take a nap,.... heard the yell turned around and saw him in the water. he swung the boat around and picked him up out of the water. when he was back in the boat, he could hardly stand, his legs were shaking - so the capt, gave him 2 shots of rum and told him " you are born again now!"

so,.... you want real deal 'death and rebirt experience', perhaps weshouldnt, go looking for it! There might day you have to crawl through the eye of the needle, then you realize that that is not what you were really looking for to experience!!

-

Three best things I know of for a defragmention, deletion of old programs and operating systems are high dose ayahuasca, high dose LSD-25 and high dose Ibogaine. (all of course in safe, comfortable and appropriate mindset and environment!)

Ibogaine is THE system reset plant medicine we know of in nature...

Julian.

Holotropic Breathwork is a method developed by Stan Grof after they took away his LSD, for accessing and clearing blockages in the perinatal stages of development...

http://www.breathwork.com/

Rebirthing is a technique developed by Leonard Orr... the basic idea is to go back and re-experience your birth trauma and "clear it".

http://www.rebirthingbreathwork.com

For some people these techniques work really well... for others, they don't seem to really work that well!

I am someone who has never had much sucess with breathe based practises!, but apart from "entheogens", these are some of the most powerful practises you can do in order to reset and awaken one's system.

It is also a matter of finding the right person for you... a lot of people who do this work used to be into (or still are into entheogens)

Julian.

A lot of people here are suggesting all sorts of things like dreams, supplements, drug experiences that may indeed help but the fundamentals of positive mental attitude, hard work, good fresh food and excercise are still the key to a feeling of well being in life - for your whole life.

We are a walking biological miracle. Look at harnessing what's inside you for the core engine of positive fullfilling energy. Anything additional is a bit like fluffy dice and mag wheels.

Some people have mentioned 'rebirthing'. What about rites of passage? In many countries and cultures rites of passage, particularly for men, are very important. What are the rites, if any, for a young person growing up in australia? It may also be worth considering the impacts of how young people in australia mature into adulthood and the mental/spiritual problems potentially associated with it. The individual problem may in fact be a societal problem.

There is a zen saying: 'the man who is happy with nothing, is the man who has everything'

Anyone ever test Calea zacatechichi and melatonin tabs for synergy?

I have once but I don't think I got the doses high enough... also I found that Calea worked sometimes for me but not others.

Last night picked some calea and made a tea\smoke with about a 1\3rd of a brug flower.

No vivid dreams I could remember (could be the result of a low dose of seroquel and a bit of valium) but it was like dreaming awake... when floating to sleep I was having conversations with friends and suddenly realised where I was and that I wasn't talking aloud. This also was happening upon awakening.

A lot of people here are suggesting all sorts of things like dreams, supplements, drug experiences that may indeed help but the fundamentals of positive mental attitude, hard work, good fresh food and excercise are still the key to a feeling of well being in life - for your whole life.

We are a walking biological miracle.

No argument here, but all this discussion is very interesting nontheless and I don't think we should ignore discussion about other stuff just because some fundamentals have been agreed on.

for death & rebirth experience - you can perhaps fool around with dangerous animals or situations - hi hi hi

Do anything to get the adrenalin going and to keep a cool head.

Go experience the world - push your boundaries and see how far you can go. - any challange will help you to understand your limitations and how to go about tackling them.

I do not think that drugs are safer then doing what I suggested here above! drugs can also seriously fuck you up if you missuse them or if you are not a stable enough person!

-----------------------------

reminds me of something - someone I know fell overboard 30 miles out to sea, while the boat was cruising at 13 kts,... when he came up above the water he yelled so hard,.. that the other person (capt) who was just about to go down in the cabin of the boat to take a nap,.... heard the yell turned around and saw him in the water. he swung the boat around and picked him up out of the water. when he was back in the boat, he could hardly stand, his legs were shaking - so the capt, gave him 2 shots of rum and told him " you are born again now!"

so,.... you want real deal 'death and rebirt experience', perhaps weshouldnt, go looking for it! There might day you have to crawl through the eye of the needle, then you realize that that is not what you were really looking for to experience!!

-

facing death is a funny thing one becomes all calm, and accepts it.

not dying is an ultimate thrill.

No argument here, but all this discussion is very interesting nontheless and I don't think we should ignore discussion about other stuff just because some fundamentals have been agreed on.

naturally... just trying to help with perspective

out of interest, does turkey have melatonin or similar compounds as noted above? i cant recall if it was on SAB or a chat with friends that raised its sleep/lethargy inducing qualities?

The idea that turkey contains tryptophan in any uniquely large amount is a myth.

The idea that turkey contains tryptophan in any uniquely large amount is a myth.

It seemed too weird to be true and no way of judging it myself - the only time I have any quantity of turkey is at xmas, along with all sorts of sleepy things like wine, pudding, relatives and dvd's...

check this out:

http://www.pathwaysfoundation.com.au/

a foundation developing new ways of initiating young men into adulthood... its very influential organisation around the far north coast with a very devoted and wide range of supporters!

Julian.

thats a pretty cool idea.

i would have liked an intiation cermony.

i was in an accident that left a fair few scars on my chest and arms.

some of the scars are similar to aboriginal initiation scars. horizontal in middle of chest.

i kinda like em. i see that event as my accidental initiation.

if i have a son who is tripper like myslef i might see if he wants some scarification done in same spot (professionally done though).

Nice link thanks :) ,I can really relate to this way of breaking things down into resonance in many ways.I have been having frequent discussions with a mate for quite a while now about individual resonances because of his fall into depression and the choice to choose his method of recovery by the diagnostician.

Instead of taking A/D's,he started looking more into delving into the "self".This lead him through seeking out the unknown without drugs at all.

Along the path he took an interest in Alchemy,Pyramids,vibrational fields and production/consumption of ORMES products, these resonances seem to affect the human psyche and in turn the body/brain system....oddly enough when dealing with BZ withdrawals as far as "noise" goes it gets quite hectic on concentration,recall and especially feeling "in tune".The irony is that had I considered this earlier in my life I wouldn't probably have ended up on Xanax.

....that and mis-information :rolleyes: