The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

ethnobotany Australia

Hi all, Can any one tell me how to get in contact with one of the ethnobotany Australia moderators. I am having trouble loging in.

I joined back in about may 04 and have tried to log back on with my old user name but dont have my password. EBA have sent a new password to my old email address which i cannot acsess anymore so i am stuffed.

Can anyone help?

Hi all, Can any one tell me how to get in contact with one of the ethnobotany Australia moderators. I am having trouble loging in.

I joined back in about may 04 and have tried to log back on with my old user name but dont have my password. EBA have sent a new password to my old email address which i cannot acsess anymore so i am stuffed.

Can anyone help?

yeah i can help you or at least get someone to help you

pm me with your username and i will see what i can do

the admin there says, he's panel is down so he can't do anything right now.

anyway hebrew did tell him about your problem and i am sure he will try everything possible once his admin panel functions again.

Cheers guys :worship:

If someone could also pass along a message that the forums' registration in messed up that would be good too. I tried to join, but it gave some error codes, logged my user name and then says I have the wrong info when I try to log into it under that name (Dozuki). Thanks.

-D.

If someone could also pass along a message that the forums' registration in messed up that would be good too. I tried to join, but it gave some error codes, logged my user name and then says I have the wrong info when I try to log into it under that name (Dozuki). Thanks.

Yes, we are aware, the site is fucked, we are working on it.

It doesn't look like eccles is interested in helping. Hasn't replied to any SMS nor have I been able to actually call him.

He very well might, but it's the only contact number I've got. I mean for all I know he could've moved or whatever.

The only other contact info I have is the address in the whois records, I don't want to rock up to his house considring I've never met him. Maybe I'll just drop a letter into his letterbox lol.

I remember something about thw whois record not being his exact private contact details. Eccles stressed to me once that privacy was important to him in regards to the forums/site. I don't know if that has changed or not, but if it hasn't then I doubt you'll get a reply from those details.

could someone please help, I changed some of my profile information in the EBA forums and then got an e-mail which said:

Your account on "Ethnobotany Australia" has been deactivated, most likely due to

changes made to your profile. In order to reactivate your account you must click

on the link below:

(then had a link)

Now I cannot login to the EBA forums and can't fix it because the link does not work. Arghhh! :uzi:

does anyone have any solutions? I don't know what else to do, I'm stuck not being able to get into EBA!!

give us tiem mate

it will all be sorted soon

things are progressing i beleive and it will be up and ready in the near future

sorry abotu the problems

anyone know if the reactivation link is working yet? I can't login or reply to any posts at all in EBA!

If things get fixed we will post about it, things aren't fixed at the moment as already stated so there's not much we can do.

We really have our hands tied in that no one has admin access except for the person we are chasing and possibly one other.

Stop clicking the reactivation link. I don't know much about it, and have never personally seen it, but come to think of it, it's probably part of the original hack that went on, just like the password dump screens etc.

You're just going to have to view and not post for the time being, sorry but we can't do anything.

if someone else hacked it couldnt one of our mob hack it? comon i know there hasta be some hackers in here

(Good) hackers usually patch after themselves after they're done so nobody else can get in and do what they did again.

I tried, but I couldn't get in, maybe I'm not good enough anymore...it's been a long time since I was the one on the outside trying to get in lol.

isn't the security problem with the EA forum software a documented case and hence would you not be able to look up examples of exploits that affect this version and then copy them?

How about the developers forums for the software? anyone there who might be able to help?

this situation is just ludicrous....

Those are the exploits I tried Torsten. No dice. I don't have the coding knowledge to write my own custom exploits really.

If someone breaks in via a hole and then patches the hole behind them so nobody else can exploit it, it makes it kind of hard :/

does anyone have any solutions? I don't know what else to do, I'm stuck not being able to get into EBA

ok,

for whatever it's worth here's the way I log in every day:

1. Bring up EBA Site

http://ethnobotany-australia.net/community...5bbbaa9b3b8889b

then

2. DON'T click on "Log in to check your messages"

but click only

"Log in"

enter your name and password

click "enter"

3. A white page will come up that says

"This page cannot be displayed" etc etc blablabla