The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Anadenanthera colubrina VIABLE seeds soon!!

We've got some VIABLE Anadenanthera colubrina seeds coming in about 3 weeks or so. They will be straight off the trees in Brazil and will be as fresh as they can only be.

I have worked out perfect germination conditions for them, getting 90% germination with fairly fresh seed (more than 5 weeks old).

We will be selling them at AU$20 / US$10 for 10g (same price as the current unviable seed). 10g is about 100 seeds. If you want to make sure to get the new batch, just write 'fresh' on your order next to the species (or in the webstore comment box).

I presume viability is only a few weeks, so best to get your orders in a.s.a.p.

For those who got seed from the last batch after long delays (anyone who ordered before 1st of May 2002), you have two options.

1) you can get a standard seedpacket (10 seeds) for free, or

2) you can get the fresh 10g for half price, ie AU$10 /US$5 for 10g.

With this batch I will do germination tests before sending any out and will only send if i get well over 50% (I expect >90%) germination. Germination test only takes 3 days.

Just quoting you Torsten

Anadenanthera colubrina Villca, Cebil

Important legal information for Australian customers: The importation of Anadenanthera colubrina seeds into Australia is prohibited under the Customs Act 1901, Regulations, Schedule 4 (Drugs). The seeds offered by Shaman Australis Botanicals are grown in Australia.

Kai.

bwaahaa, isn't Brazil the next property down from Hillview on the back road?

Bugger, that information is actually incorrect. Someone pointed this out a few months ago and I changed it, but obviously forgot to upload the new version.

This species used to be illegal, but in the time since I wrote the initial page about 2 years ago and a few months ago, the law has changed from 'Anadenanthera spp.' to 'A.peregrina'. This surprised me to no end, but I confirmed this (my last shipment of colubrina was inspected by customs and quarantine).

Having a few problems with the shopping cart, so can't fix it right now, but will fix with the next major upload.