The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

new tatt im gonna get

i mightget that

but im saving for a huge python spiralling up my spine eating my spine and u can c the vertabrae in its throiat all the way up my spine:D

i have an eagle on mny shoulder blade and might get one the other side

so theyre swooping in for the snake

ill show u when its designed

aaron

post-41-1130660596_thumb.jpg

thats cool

whats the story behind the image psycho?

some kind of dreamtime figure?

looks very interesting though!

nothing really i just wanted some kind of mushroom god and this looked good

but ill b getting my snake up my spine first! i might get an om symbol done by traditonal bone chiseling on my wrist hehe

ill take pics of my tatts and post em

some of u that were a t eb2 wouldve seen the large tiger on my right calf

Yeah, I've wanted to get that image as a tatt aswell. Ever since I saw it in 'Food of the Gods', I thought it was so cool.

Let us know how it turns out Psycho?

will do my snake will cost 2000+ so i might get that first

ive been planning to get the aztec mushroom mandala on page 13 of paul stamets psilocybin mushrooms of the world as a tat for a while, i just cant decide where exactly i want it. id post a pick but i can only find one on the net and it doesnt do it justice. the snake idea sounds cool!

Snake up the spine sounds great - Ive been contemplating bio- mechanical spine replication image for a few years, in the HR Giger style of art, but unfortunately, my $$ are blown on other things, and the litlle I have left each month goes to luxuries like food, bills etc.

Do you have a draft design for your snake, psycho0 ? Love to see it, even if it's not finished.

Speaking of snake - About 7 years ago, I thought it would be cool to have a creeping, flowering, leafy vine etched onto my penis that crawled from the base, up to the rim. I visited some well-regarded artists in Sydney (ie Illustrated Man & others), also a few of the newer studios (a lot sprang up when it became mainstream 'trendy' - most have since folded).

The resounding response what that the body-part in question would have to be hard for two hours under the needles (not so sensual, where's the yohombie!), and that due to the 'nature of the beast', regular expansion/contraction of said beast would cause the inked image to bleed/crack/fuck up - resulting in a pretty smudgy, awful looking member.

Two of the dozen or so that I consulted did say they could do so something on my 'head', but for me it was a creeping vine or nothing (on the shaft that is, I have a couple of 'old school' works elsewhere). Also, I don't think I've got the balls for knob-work ! :P

Wow, that is a harcore tattoo idea Osiris.

On that note: can anyone recommend a really good tattoo parlour in Sydney?

I'm talking about real artists. Not some bikie, money laundering front. (Don't get me wrong, Bikie's should be allowed to launder their money however they want. But, not with my body as a canvas) :wink:

I want to be able to sit down, discuss what I would like, and the style I want, and then hopefully have them design it for me.

Then, get it done at a later appointment.

Every tattoo place I go to, they are like: "just bring the picture along on the day, we'll be able to do it(takes another swig of Jim Beam & Cola). No problems mate."

Which just really turns me off the whole idea. Don't they understand that tattoo's are like diamonds? (forever)

You know, Benz, I don't really think it is hardcore. Maybe you say that because of the body-part in question. To me, if the decision is made as an adult to have something etched into their skin, and it holds some symbolism, then bring it on. At the time I would have gone ahead, and even now I would do it, although my species of creeping flora might have changed ). Only issue, then & now, was the 'mechanics' of the skin. Human evolution isnt going to change in a hurry for me.

QUOTE: Benzito

I want to be able to sit down, discuss what I would like, and the style I want, and then hopefully have them design it for me.

I know exactly what you mean. When (or if) I get another tatt, I would expect no less than a one-hour or more sit down with the artist, strictly as a first consultation, show him/her some sketches, verbally elaborate on my artistic limitations (but great visionary ideal), have them work on it (on paper) and return again, only to re-define etc. All this before the first needles were hammered in.

I've got some pics of a tatt series (all on the one person) in a euro magazine that credits "All Star Tattoos" in Melbourne, and the artist is "Link". The art is reminiscent (to me) of an amazing psychedelic smoked DMT inspired vision, beautifully coloured, with both crystallined/snowflakey holograms and then meshed with a strong Salvia vision of organic melting moments of shape & colour with floating spheres and blossoming flowers. I wish I had a scanner so I could show this to you !

I think it also depends on what type of style you want. If you're looking for polynesian art, then you go straight to the source, and have it done traditionally. If you want Japanese, there's always Japan (also some European artists like Filip Leu do Japanese better! Go figure)

That said, I have no personal experience in these matters (ie new wave of artists & their work, local or otherwise), all I carry are two images, both MANY years old, an 'off the wall' grim-reaper that a 5y/o once said looked like a monkey, and a crudely drawn rose that I sketched in memory of a deceased partner. While they may suck as artworks, I still don't regret either, they represent benchmarks in my life.

If I were to spend big bucks these days on something that's forever, I'd be subscribing to every tattoo magazine available for a year, and determine the artists that possess a style which flows with my own headspace, then jump on a plane (if required) to submit my skin as canvas.

After all that bullshit, an artist called "Kiwi Kim" used to do great quality stuff that Ive seen first hand on real skin..... don't know where KK is now tho, she has moved on from the celtic dragon days down in Enmore Rd.....

Do you have a draft design for your snake, psycho0 ? Love to see it, even if it's not finished.

not yet jkmy mates desoiging it this week then ill get the tatttooist to fix it up, shes done an awesome job on my mates bak!

so yeah ill post pics and of all my tatts

QUOTE: Benzito

thats what i did 4 my tiger and my eagle

also i wanna get a traditional bone chiseled tatt 1 day

Wow, that is a harcore tattoo idea Osiris.

On that note: can anyone recommend a really good tattoo parlour in Sydney?

I'm talking about real artists. Not some bikie, money laundering front. (Don't get me wrong, Bikie's should be allowed to launder their money however they want. But, not with my body as a canvas) :wink:

Every tattoo place I go to, they are like: "just bring the picture along on the day, we'll be able to do it(takes another swig of Jim Beam & Cola). No problems mate."

Which just really turns me off the whole idea. Don't they understand that tattoo's are like diamonds? (forever)

My best friend has had all four of her tats done at Skin Deep in Newtown by a guy named Karl (Carl? Dunno spelling). I've met the guy, and he knows his shit. You bring a picture of what you want in, he draws it down (for practice, and I believe he practices a few more times) gives you a quote, and you come back later to get it done.

The place however is definitely a bikie hangout, one time we were sitting there waiting for Karl to finish what he was doing, and one of the tattoo artists drove his goddamn harley through the shop door and into the store (couldn't find parking apparently lol).

It's on King Street, right near HHH. Prices don't seem too unreasonable.

I recommend Steel Lotus at the bottom of crown st (surry Hills), not your typical bikey style joint. An ex had his back done there, and there's a deck with a big fig tree at the rear, nice. I had some work done at Creative Tattoo in Byron Bay. Zac is a big scary looking bikey dude, but he's really a big softie and an excellent tattooist, and as they cater to alot of locals, they do alot of interesting work. Highly recommended

that is an awesome thing to put as a tat.

I really love those - earthly feel tattoes with some deep spiritual significance ( ha ha a - maybe that indian that saw that image in his minds eye and painted it thought of it as the Wicked Mushy Party God or something he he eh :devil: )

Am I too old to start tattoes I have asked myself lately - I am 28 - If I live to be 60 - I'll have at least 32 years of body art.

ohhhh well

B