The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

Calling all Perth cactophiles...

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that there are a few people in Perth or who originally came from Perth on these forums, and I would love to purchase a few plants and cuttings to get a little garden going while I'm away. I would love to hear from anyone who is in Perth and may be able to help me, or anyone who knows someone who can. I plan on getting a couple of plants / cuttings from FunkyFungus, but would like to avoid paying too much for delivery. Also, I plan on doing a bit of nursery hunt - any suggestions from the local yokels?

While I'm at it, I have noticed a lot of people obtain their cuttings from SAB, but I have never seen cuttings advertised - are they offered seasonally only, or am I just out of the loop? :huh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by IllegalBrain

I'm in Sydney, so can't help with most of your questions, sorry.

But if you watch SAB regularly, Torsten is constantly updating the page with new products, and removing old products. There is actually a count of how many of each item he has in stock!

So, I guess when he runs out of cactii, he removes them from the page.

I bought a TBM rooted cutting from SAB a few months ago, but they aren't listed anymore, so I'm guessing he is out of them at the moment. Just keep checking the page, would be my recommendation. :)

:innocent_n: hi...!

Long story short, I will be coming back to Perth for 3 or 4 weeks over Christmas, and would love to purchase a few plants and cuttings to get a little garden going while I'm away, and to ensure I have a good Christmas. :D

It all depends on how good a christmas you want to have - it can be hard to find ready to go specimens.

The sunday morning swapmeet in Melville can often supply a bargain :).

i have some monster cuttings from a cactus fence project i dismantled when i moved last

i dont really want to repot them as its a hassle getting pots big enough and they are a mishmash of oversize planst that are bigger than the range i have on my website - to sell id have to make an entry for each uneven plant

but they are heavy

but they arent as heavy as the were since theyve been leaning againtst a fence for a month and have dehydrated slightly

i could easily do you a deal for an instant garden

all depends on HM you want to spend on postage...

if you think maybe then give me a maximum cost incl postage and ill see what i can wrangle

all i know is they cant be more than 1.2m or 90mm in diamter or else they cant be posted in tubes...

Edited by Rev