Darklight

Changing your username

OK- to change your username

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...ODE=dname_start

or

Go to My Controls and access your control panel

Scroll down to the Personal Profile section on the left hand side

Select Change Display Name

You are permitted to make 1 changes in a 30 day period.

Changing your display name will not affect your log in username.

Geez I hope this doesn't start some epidemic of rampant name changing, I'm too easily confused.. :uzi:

you have to have over 50 posts to be able to change your display name.

Please keep in mind that your display name is the only thing people know you by around here. When you change your name you are in effect a new individual and you should not expect your trading/posting reputation to be remembered by anyone.

If you desire a smooth transition where people remember you for who you were before, then I suggest you use the 'member title' field (the one that says Inatulet under my name if you look left of here) to remind peopel of your old name.

If there is a flood of name changes and it starts to alter the dynamics of the board due to too many 'strangers' then I will disable it, so take it easy.....

If you desire a smooth transition where people remember you for who you were before, then I suggest you use the 'member title' field (the one that says Inatulet under my name if you look left of here) to remind peopel of your old name.

how do u do this? i can't seem to find the member title field

:P

I´m pretty anxious what´s going to happen now. Some might Trade the Alias. I hope this won´t lead to any Security Problems. Is it possible to include a username history?

Maybe i should change my username to "evil penis" from time to time. Well, better not. :innocent_n:

yea bac, i'm not to sure if that actually works, as i changed my name from think-floyd to this quite some time ago, with under 20 posts :blink:

evil genius, it is possible to view username history, just click on the user - > profile options (top right hand side) - > member's display name history

i'm still unable to find the member title field..probably not much of an issue anyway, as i'm fairly new here

:)

thanks for letting me know. After all the microsoft windows troubles i had i think i´m hardened concerning computer stuff and clicking buttons.

How ya doin.

I want to change my on screen name back to bok. Cause a few months ago lightening struck my house and blew up my phone line and computer. Now I got my computer back, and I tried to login under my old user name and was refused. To compound this uq has finally turned my email off so I couldent even request a new password.

I realise I probably went about this all wrong by creating a new account. But I thought Id bring it to your attention so theres no dead account sitting there and I can have my old user name back.

YOu can only change your username if you are logged into your original account. Your account has not changed and the fact that your computer blew up has nothing to do with log in problems. Chances are you simply forgot your log in details. You will need to work out your log in name and the email address you had registered and then ask the system to send you the password. HINT: The log in name is often NOT the same as your screen name.

I have 2 questions:

What is warn status?

and

How do you change your Member Title?

What is warn status?

moderators have the option of giving warn points instead of immediately booting members that break the rules. These warn points are only visible to the mods and yourself.

How do you change your Member Title?

In your profile settings.

These warn points are only visible to the mods and yourself.

Oh really?!

Please keep in mind that your display name is the only thing people know you by around here. When you change your name you are in effect a new individual and you should not expect your trading/posting reputation to be remembered by anyone.

For real, everyone please stop changing their names!

If there is a flood of name changes and it starts to alter the dynamics of the board due to too many 'strangers' then I will disable it, so take it easy.....

You should give everyone like 30 days to change their name if they want and then turn it off!

• Like 1

I kind of dislike reputations in general, they mess up the whole anonymity of the net and make people all egotistical.

I guess this has changed, I was able to do it just a sec ago. Thankfully, lol. Upon registering it's kinda confusing what's gonna end up as your username, you have to enter a username and a display name, it really wasn't clear to me which would end up as my username (displayname as it turns out to be), I thought the line "this is what shows up next to your posts" was referring to the title below the username. Turns out that is the username. Confusing.

Edited by H.E. Pennypacker

pennypacker, the username only shows up if it is the same as the display name [as is the case with your names]. the whole point of the split is so that it is possible to have a steady and secret username with a changing display name.