The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

A question about darcy

So what's the deal with this guy. There's no way he can be entirely human.

I made a small order including 2 live plants from Herbalistics a week ago, the order was express posted Monday, and due to my extreme business I did not see the post office collection card until Wednesday and was not able to retrieve the plants from the PO until Thursday afternoon!

And yet, when I opened the package, both the plants were in pristine condition, looking as if they had spent the last four days sucking the nicest nitrogen and absorbing the purest sunlight instead of in a cardboard box in the post office, with nary a wilted leaf or brown patch to be seen!

So seriously, you can tell us darcy, I mean your supreme postage skills cannot be the work of a mere human, so there's no point hiding it any longer!

Thanks man, you never fail to impress, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

:worship:

Much love :)

so thats why rimbaud's got it in for ya. :D

I remember a while back when I think it was Smogs had spome packages stolen, after literaly months he got the package, opened her up and the plant (catha.e?) was still alive and well!

I don't have a wealth of experience receiving plants in the mail, but i have received my fair share, and i think what sets Darcy's postage apart is the fact that he is not so much interested in sending a "good looking" specimen as he is in sending something that is healthy as buggery and will EASILY survive the journey - whether a day or 2 weeks.

Sphagnum is part of his repertoire, as are the careful decisions about appropriate leaf-pruning etc for the journey. And the balance of water and air in each wrapped plant is exact, to be sure. But the key is the health and well-rootedness of the plants themselves.

Take a typical darcy-ephedra for example, or a darcy-brugmansia. How exactly would one go about killing it? It would take an orc army to drag it to Mount Doom where it might finally meet its end. You could dry it in a clothes drier for a week, then set fire to the roots and throw it in the bin surrounded by diesel-soaked underwear and charred human flesh. But it would probably start sprouting new growth inside the bin! Yes, that's Herbalistics ® brand quality.

and on the question of my enthusiasm for all things "darcy", it is more of a teacher-pupil relationship. i learn not only from his botanical prowess, but from his shining example of clean living and moderation! And dare I say, you unwholesome types could learn a thing or two from his balanced and substance-free lifestyle. He knew when to quit smoking, quit drinking. Nutrition is his focus, along with macular health. He has no time for lay-abouts or irreligious decadents either. What's not to admire? ;)

I also have a question about Darcy.

Darcey man, whats u'r deal with herbalistics, your name isn't credited on the business card or (i think) on the sight?

That's because his name isn't darcy ;)

I KNEW IT!

I believe Darcy may well be some sort of shortened form of the name 'Darren', which does appear on the Herbalistics business card? :P