The Corroboree
apothecary

Sydney Meet

If YOU go to YOUR entry then there is an edit function (i think it is top right). let me know if you can't find it.

Are you folks going to nominate an after-meet pub that you scallywags might end up ?

good question...depends how far we feel like travelling from the gardens.

city? rocks? china town? the cross? Darlo? further afield?

I dunno...anyone got any suggestions/ preferences?

An irish pub perhaps?

Bulmers on tap...mmm.

Couldn't find it T :/

No pub has been nominated yet, me and smogs usually end up at the underground near Hyde Park but it might be a bit of a trek back from the gardens.

I'm happy to let others decide on this one, 'cos I don't drink a lot (if at all, usually 1 beer is a fair bit for me) anymore. So as long as the vibe is good, I don't really mind where we end up :)

We can just decide on the day, see what the general mood is, I guess.

I'm fine with just meeting up, and working it out from there.

I'm sure we'll have a great time, either way. :D

We can just decide on the day, see what the general mood is, I guess.

I'm fine with just meeting up, and working it out from there.

I'm sure we'll have a great time, either way.

ya, I agree...but just occurred to me, is there anyone who can't make it till later? (e.g. work or whatever...if that's you, let us know)

I suggest we nominate a place if necessary, otherwise play it by ear

noooo.gif

I just found out I can't make it to the meet! :(

I have to work in the RBGS, at Harbour Life from 1pm, on the 26th.

Sorry guys, but I don't think we'll be able to meet up.

If you think you'll still be kicking it after 6pm, then I'll be done working. Maybe I should get the mobile number of Apo, or someone, and then I'll just call when I'm free, see what's happening?

Damn, I really wanted to get along and meet you guys. The next meet better be soon.:wink:

If you think you'll still be kicking it after 6pm, then I'll be done working. Maybe I should get the mobile number of Apo, or someone, and then I'll just call when I'm free, see what's happening?

do it man, i've already got babysitting lined up, so I'm kickin on for sure! I can't speak for anyone else, But I'm bringin a plant head mate who'll be up for it too (I'm assuming that's cool right? he's 'one of us', honest), so i can guarentee two people will be around after 6.

Well, I *might* even be able to get some people into Harbourlife, afterwards. If you're up for some dancing?

Well, I *might* even be able to get some people into Harbourlife, afterwards. If you're up for some dancing?

shit yeah!

B)

well sadly i will miss this one by about a week,

am picking up my gal from the airport this friday morning and shooting through to the south coast sometime after that...any one interested in a thursday night/ friday eve meet or even saturday, if u bake my noodles good and proper ill see what i can do...

otherwise ill be ceeing u at ega 2006 in feb right ;)

go on, u know u wanna! :devil:

but seriously, have a blast kiddies...

and sorry wandjina, i would have been in touch earlier but i think i have to leave our trades at that for the moment...have had very minimal cash flow and am waiting on a plant research grant before i buy anymore luxuries...

but ud be proud of me, ive ended up with one of santillan de'pintos artworks just recently.....not to mention doof decor/uv artwork care of spiraleyes....

just thought i'd bump this up as a friendly reminder.....see y'all saturday :D

Thanks wandjina :)

Hey guys! I had my last exam on Wednesday so I've been celebrating pretty much non stop until last night when I crashed to sober/straighten up, so I could head into the office today.

PM me if you need my mobile number! :) The people who already have, expect an SMS today.

I am bringing some homemade blue lotus extract, a nice tropane mix, finely powdered damiana and lemon myrtle, my seed collection, and a smile.

There are free poppy seeds from Cyjack for everyone, and I will bring a few of the supposed A. peregrina seed telemetric was giving away on EBA as he sent me far too many (thanks dude! :))

I will try and bring a few sticks from a Solandra tree, and anything I can get off smogs tonight.

See you there guys! 1PM! :)

just thought I'd add...it's rain hail or shine folks :) (well, at least as far as I'm concerned :wink: )

just thought I'd add...it's rain hail or shine folks :) (well, at least as far as I'm concerned :wink: )

Great stuff, thanks for the sms Apothecary, will be there with bells on. Look forward to meeting all the Sydney crew and a few inspired trades!!!

Will be bringing a few goodies also, great to hear about the A. Peregrina, :wink:

See you all there

Santillan

thats how i wash my hair. :D

talk about dedicated, i just got home 20 mins ago

yall are coooool

OH, and Bacc and I were not being rude on parting. we did call out a bit and didnt feel like a chase.

so what i would have said is...

"Fucking sweet meeting you all,even your cutie pie you have yourself benz. Wandjina i have somthing id like to see with your creative flair, but not just yet. got to get shit together"

ok...YAY kick ass day!

It looked like rain would spoil our day, but it cleared up well before the arranged meetup time (it was actually pretty warm when I turned up).

It was a ginseng drinking, art appreciating, qat chewing, lotus sniffing (oh my), cactus gazin', story tellin, beer drinking, rooting, tooting day!

There was a harmonica, lemon myrtle, pink brugmansia flowers, and I think Tripitaka even broke out into dance for a tiny (but well worth it) moment!

A hoot and a half, I'd do it again any weekend I got the chance :D

Oh yeah. You can smoke ginseng extract.

I only got to meet up with some of you guys after the actual meeting itself, but my lady-friend and I had a great night with y'all.

Apo couldn't hand around to meet me though, I believe his words were "I'm tripping hard, but some shit's going down and I've gotta go see a friend. aaaaaargh, I'm having trouble navigating the city" :lol:

Even if we didn't get to meet, he made me laugh, just talking on the phone.

We need more people next time, and next time needs to be sooner rather than later.

Thanks Apothecary, for taking the time to actually kick our arses into gear, and organising the meet.

And thanks to Amulte, for letting me smoke your pipe in the back alleys of Sydney. (you can all interpret that however you want. :wink: )

yes, a big thanx to Apo. :)

great to meet th delightful Wandjina, Tripitaka and his mate S., Benzito and his wonderful lady and Apo.

as i recall, we trashed a hookah in the park with some ginseng, did a bit of rape and pillage in th gardens, sunk a few pints in th pub and i believe there were quite a few blokes in th last pub wantin to get Amulte in that dark alley so i guess you should be thankful benz :D

hope all enjoyed th day as much as i did. thanx to all.

honestly im flattered, frankly a little curious but no sir i dont go into those back door shanadigins...

lol

but i dont think that was my kinda pub ay

When you start snorting misc. brown powders in public, anything can happen. :D

Including getting grabbed on the ass by strangers.

Just ask Amulte.

Another thank you has to go to SAB for providing the sceletium that provided the buzz.

(I don't know how I could be more cryptic, but I probably could) :wink:

What a great day and evening, I had a blast. I love youse all!!!

No seriously, I really do. One couldn't ask for better company: warm, sincere, witty and intelligent souls. Kindred spirits. Truly inspiring representatives of our species!

Not only did I have fun, I met some wonderful people whom I'm honoured to now call friends. Thank

you all so very much for a fantastic meet. Big hugs and warm fuzzies to Amulte, Apothecary, Bacchant, Benzito and K., Tripitaka and S., and muchos muchos gracias to Apo (AKA 'the prince') for organising the whole affair!

Lets make the next one soon eh?

For those who couldn't make it, be sure to be at the next one. Don't let social phobia dissuade you, we're all in the same boat, and it's never as scary as you think it may be.

Don't let social phobia dissuade you, we're all in the same boat, and it's never as scary as you think it may be.

I could not agree more, im a tad social phobic. Im sure the 1st thing Apo said to me was "..not that scarey.." and couldnt agree more. i had the nervous shakes for the 1st 5 mins till i found that everyone is good people. then the initial fear was orveridden by interest and curiosity to how these people became so.

does that make sense lol?

EDIT - incase i forgot to mention, i love you for getting this together and encouraging others to attend apo! one of the best ideas youve had id say :)

A song that reminds me of the night is Leonard Cohens Closing time. only some parts like...

"Ah, we're drinking and we're dancing

and the band is really happening

and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high..."

and

"We're lonely, we're romantic

and the cider's laced with acid

and the Holy Spirit's crying, "Where's the beef?"

And the moon is swimming naked

and the summer night is fragrant

with a mighty expectation of relief

So we struggle and we stagger

down the snakes and up the ladder