The Corroboree
apothecary

Sydney Meet

Alrighty, this will vaguely be my second attempt at getting a bunch of ethnobots to hang out for part of a day.

A few members have expressed interest, so here are some ideas I have come up with. Feel free to post suggestions or better ideas!

Meeting up at Hyde Park, at around 1 or 2pm, on the second weekend of November (12th or 13th I believe).

We can spend a while talking, getting to know each other, and trading seeds and stuff. I sorely regret not bringing anything to trade last meet, so I recommend it. I will try and bring as much spare seed/plant matter/whatever I can for giving away also.

Then whatever. Last meet at ths point the group broke up slightly, some of us went to the pub and got some games of pool in, until some characters that looked shadier than us turned up!

We can go to the botanical gardens (only 5-10 mins walk from Hyde Park) and check out the cacti garden whch I reckon is pretty cool, and whatever else tickles anyones fancy :)

So yeah. Classical Sydney 'tude, just meet up, hang out, whatever beer whatever.

I seem to recall vaguely having a good time last meet with minerval and reptyle just wandering around the botanical gardens stoned off lotus and sceletium :)

Numbers were a bit thin last time, but this time I know better. This time I don't care! :P If you don't turn up, it'll just be me, my medicine bag and the cops chasing me around hyde park as I attempt to smoke whatever incriminating evidence contained therein ;)

So yeah, post ideas, reasons why the date I picked sucks, etc, so we can firm something up and stick it in the calendar.

I'll be there!

In my ninja outfit! :ph34r:

sounds awesome apoth, it's been a while since i met any ethnoheads in the flesh.

and i love having a lazy wander around the botanical gardens, the less plans the better B)

however, ...

reasons why the date I picked sucks

it's right in the middle of uni exams, these end on the 18th nov. i'm sure a lot of other ppl are on the same boat, so move the meet one week later to the 19th, and you'll have a lot more ppl free. though i think other unis may end a little later.

Agh.

twix, I didn't even think of uni exams, but you mentioned them so I checked my timetable. I have an exam on the 19th! :( yes I seriously have a Saturday exam :(

So possibly the last week of November will be easiest, I imagine Wandjina might have exam or at least some sort of uni stuff going on around then too.

Hyde Park, ironic that the NSW Police Headquarters is (or was) across the road in College St. Maybe the invite could be extended to the Commissioner to join in for a few spots.

minerval told me of the last ine and it sounds fun if i am welcome to join.

im not one wnating to invade.

So, is it gonna be towards the end of November then? I'm easy, whenever it is. (insert joke here) ;)

Aww thanks Apoth :lol:

2nd weekend on Nov, Saturday is 12th and sunday 13th. which day apo?

It'll have to be a little later on due to people with end of semester uni exams and such guys.

Most likely the Saturday on the 26th of Nov.

But that's the whole reason I posted so early, so people could find the most comfortable date for everyone. :)

As far as trading: What size live plants are suitable/normal to trade at a meet?

Do people only bring cuttings, normally, or are 30cm tall plants appropriate aswell?

What do some of the other Sydney heads plan on bringing?

Or what are some things people are looking for?

I'll start taking cuttings now, if they are needed for next month! :D

ive got one san pedro cutting i can trade, thats about it.

im hoping somone has somthing"special" for it, its fairly large.

but reguardless, its all good if i bring it home.

still got to meet a few of you dudes

Sweet, a meet thats a little close to me! Hopefully im done exams by then, pretty sure i will be. Apo i know what you mean about saturday exams, they are the worst! Fortunately im pretty sure we only have one of those and thats for mid session. My bag of trade goodies will be small too, but i just want to meet other ppl. Like i've said before, i love spinning myself out about meeting ppl in the 'real' world :wacko: There is a much greater chance of me getting to this one. As much as i want to go to the camping trip i just dont know if i can afford it. Petrol alone will cost easy $150! Back on topic, i really hope to get there though finding my way through the city will probably be the biggest challenge(damn country bumpkins!)

It's really not that bad, Hyde Park is in the middle of at least 3 train stations I can think of.

If you are really scared I'll pm you my mobile number and you can call me when you're at a nearby station and I'll come and find you :)

LOL i didnt even think of the train :rolleyes: , i was going to ride my bike! The train sounds much easier! I think Cyjack might be thinking of coming too so if he is i'll see what he's doing and work something out. :

I'll be coming on a Blue Mountains train, probably. Anyone else out west?

Perhaps we can meet on a certain carriage or something?

If there's only one or two of us, I might even drive....

:ana::ana::ana::ana::ana::ana:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realised i had triple booked myself for the 26th! Snowy mountain chairty ride- 26th Nov, Bike club xmas party - 26th Nov, Sydney meet - 26th Nov!!!!!!! Damn it !!!! This shit always happens!! :angry:

I'm sure we can move it around for you Trip Dr.?

What date would work well for you?

Wow you would do that just for me? :blush: LOL seriously i dont expect people to go out of their way to do change thing just so it suits me. My exams finish Nov 5 (oh no i do have a saturday one :angry: ) so anywhere between then and the 25th should be do-able. But im easy, if i cant get there when everyone else can, well i just miss out :( The 27th would most likely be out too, as i hear the party after the snowy ride is pretty big :saufen2:

If it suits others to go earlier than thats great, if not its no worries i'll just come to the next one.

B)

Wow you would do that just for me?

Well, I don't care which weekend it is, I will be available.

But, the idea of this thread was just to work out what date is best for everyone. Apo is organising it, so I guess he can make the call...

(You can tell I work in an office, I can shirk responsibility so well :) )

So what do other people think? Can people make a differnet date? But yeah, it's Apo's idea so he's got the final word.

Let me put it this way.

The only other person who said a date before I began organising was wandjina, and the dates she gave where "anywhere between nov/dec".

The reason I put it up so early is so that we could get as many people as possible into the deal ;)

So that's essentially the only rule I'm putting down for this meet.

"Everyone has to agree to meet on one day".

;)

Hell, I'm sure nobody would be against the 27th, it may even be better, probably less pesky staff walking around at the RBGS on a Sunday ^_^