The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

Ps.tasmaniana pics finally

I was in a state forest in victoria the other day and swear I saw some of these growing off dung. (kangaroo?) there was no blueing reaction well no instant reaction anyway, this was befor I had seen these pictures so was somewhat baffled as to what they were :confused:

Are they active?

Its hard to tell from the picture, but they're quite small (yeah?)

im not really sure - i dont know much abotu them. If they are part of subaeruginosa = then they would be very actve - if not then maybe not

something new from P. tasmania or P. subaeruginosa?

They look exactly like wat I found here in W.A.

Growing from horse shit

Very much active but extremely weak

Is this the case with these?

7+ year necrobump, nice work. :)

“necrobump”! Damn, your impressive with your savvy little internet terms chilli. But I guess with 26 hundred posts, you were bound to post something impressive eventually. :)

Btw, I was finding what I think was a psilocybe species, which inhabits wallaby (or some macropod) dung in western Victoria about 2 years ago. The lower stem stained blue and it was active. So there definitely out there.

post-968-0-01624500-1350821782_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the shocking quality, it was taken with an old iphone. They do look similar to the ones in post #12 to me. So guess they could be P. Tasmaniana.

“necrobump”! Damn, your impressive with your savvy little internet terms chilli. But I guess with 26 hundred posts, you were bound to post something impressive eventually. :)

I am so flattered that you are impressed by me! You have me flushing red and giggling and getting moist in the general vicinity of my labia.

When you get to as many posts as I have written you will no doubt impress people who have posted less than you in a similar fashion, by saying 'necrobump' at appropriate times and other such outlandish behavior.

And don't worry, the Internet is big so there are lots of words which can be confusing.

This is why God invented YouTube.

:)

that is one very, very old post.

hard to say without viewing cystidia and spores under a scope whether its part of subaeruginosa or not. Looking at it now to me I see coprophila.

Also looks somewhat similar to a specimen that I believe Rev found?

P. tasmaniana is synonymous with P. subaeruginosa (and also with P. australiana and P. eucalypta):

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0953756209810873

The fruiting body on your picture could really be P. subaeruginosa / tasmaniana in comparison with the picture from the small one on the bottom of this site:

http://www.gotgames.com.au/forums/general-discussion-165/psilocybe-subaeruginosa-season-here-100419/

Most likely but the best study was by Buchanan and Johnson not Chang and Mills and they concluded that there was confusion about the cystidial forms of tasmaniana therefore it was impossible to determine whether type collections had been contaminated by incorrectly identified collections and that subaeruginosa most likely represents an acclimitised variety of Ps.cyanescens.

But yes it is much more likely an unusual collection found in dung would not be part of this family of Psilocybes.