The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mazatec_luv

Wagga Wagga

I know of a spot to get subs outside wagga wagga, but the spot has been going down hill,due to the lack of rain up here. Does anyone know anyone from wagga that knows of other spots close to wagga. (i'm not asking for specific locations)

actually i know a trippy fella from out that way who claims to know of some spots... If he doesnt then im sure some of the people he knows would..

but i will get in touch with him rather then give u his details just incase he is totally clueless and makes me out to be a fool

Ahh the place of many crows place of many crows :P

Dude,it's as dry there as it is here(150K's away),I don't like your chances much,but I always hold out hope

Have you gone for a stroll along the river?

That'd be your closest fungal environment I'd imagine.

Waterdragon is hopefully organising (rain permitting!) a field trip in the snowy's soon which might be close enough for you to travel to and well worth it for the edumacation!

Anyone know if the 'weddin' mountains might harbour much fungi?

[ 28. May 2004, 21:14: Message edited by: mescalito ]

well up here ('bout 100k from wagga) we've just had some rain, first good rain since mid feb. the fly have sprung to life and it's suddenly cold enough to seek subs. will go browsing in the next few days.

i have been told to go for a good long walk along the river... im not sure what species is there, but i have heard rumours.. please let me know

peace

***E***

subs are a no show so far, the ground is now moist enough to support the early species (ie just before subs) so i'm guessing -as with the fly- that everything is a little late this year. hope it doesn't get so cold that they have a mad two day flush and then cease.

Of peripheral relevance to Wagga, I was in the Braidwood area last Sunday. A lot of flys had come out with the rain the previous week, but had only got to about 4cm caps before drying out and withering. Not encouraging ...

Mazatec,you would've got some of that lovely rain this week,been out for a look?

fly are pumping, subs just starting. anybody in this region (or wanting to travel) let me know if you need a day trip.

100_0206.jpg

bluazu.jpg

wavy.jpg

100_0202.jpg

[ 18. June 2004, 17:47: Message edited by: waterdragon ]

Mmmm nipples!

third pic is wavy capped sub, reminds me of cyan. second pic reminds me of azu. top pic is a standard sub albeit quite large, with no wavy cap. about here we get the three forms pictured above, one of which is very possibly eucalypta plus possibly one other type which i haven't seen much of this year.

Very keen to learn from locals, surely it’s been wet enough this year for subs. I’m nearby to Wagga and would love to find some if anyone can help

The post before yours was 18 years ago. I'm not sure how far west they occur. Wouod be nice to know!