The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

SAB email deleted

Hi!

my SA email account seems to come up "error, username or password incorrect"

Is it because I have been bad?

There is an important email i have been expecting, i hope if anything has happened then it is recoverable.

HELP!

ahh OK just read your server move message T.

same here

the old server has pulled the plug

my new email is

[email protected]

gom, your old email will be back in a few hours. But it was only supposed to be a temporary one anyway, so best to change everything over to your new one. Just letting you know that you won't be losing any mail from the old account.

mail is back now. use the link on either of the homepages to log in.

this one also works and is easier to remember:

https://pituri.com:2096

it's working for everyone else. did you click the link or did you write it yourself?

at what stage do you get access denied. as you click the link or after you enter your log in details?

plz provide more details so I don't have to keep guessing.

I clicked the link.

it came up access denied, access control configuration prevents you from accessing this.....

same with the NEW 204. link.

[ 12. June 2005, 13:26: Message edited by: Thelema ]

if you click the link above, the first thing you should get is a warning screen for a domain security certificate mismatch. you simply click OK and it will take you to the log in. You probably have some security setting on your computer/browser/firewall that stops you accessing mismatched secure sites.

what do you mean 'old squirrelmail links'? There are no old squirrelmail links. They have all been updated to the new server and they all work.

This is bound to be a security setting your end. I've logged in from 4 different computers already and they all worked fine. sorry.

looks like it must be my server.

was this message

access denied, access control configuration prevents you from accessing this

something your browser or computer threw at you (ie a splashscreen/popup) or something that appeared in the browser as if it was served by the mailserver?

Do you have SSL enabled etc? The mailserver is now on a secure server, so all has to go via SSL.

Also, which browser are you using? And have you tried a different one? results?

the computer threw it at me after clicking the link. it could not access the page etc.

I dont know what SSL is, forgive my ignorance. Im rapidly falling behind computer lingo although I have a genius IQ LOL

OK, so by you saying it's the computer that threw it at you you must mean it was a splash screen (ie NOT a 'webpage'). This means it is your computer reacting, not the server telling you something.

The most likely cause is that you have some security settngs in your browser that are set too high or wrong. But as you didn't mention the browser I can't help. Also, did you try another browser.

Please answer all the questions or I can't help.

SSL is some protocl or something that locks the communication between your browser and the server so that the info can't be nicked. I think it's an encryption thing. Not really sure. I just know it is used to keep stuff secure, such as credit card info .... and now our mail.

It seems to me that your browser isn't accepting this SSL connection.

Dunno if this is helpful, but I had to enable cookies for the site ( I'd previously disabled them months ago there ) and I got all sorts of odd messages until I'd sorted it

Works fine now :D

It's encryption. Thelema, your browser may be too old and not be able to handle the high encryption the server is using (how many bits is the SSL key Torsten?). It's like PGP/GPG for www.

where do I check the bits?

yeah thats probably it. im still on ie5.5

Click the lock at the bottom of your screen, it'll give a bunch of info :)

e.g. when I click it in firefox for my work webmail, it shows a "View Certificate" button and directly underneath that it shows "Connection encrypted: 256-bit AES encryption."

EDIT: ie5.5 is a very insecure browser Thel, you should at least upgrade to ie6, or preferably switch to opera or firefox altogether

:)

[ 13. June 2005, 13:30: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Hey Horatio,

Did you remember to type your complete username (ie. [email protected]) rather than just the nick 'xxxxx'?

I almost fell into this trap when trying to log onto the new system on someone elses computer.

Now I can't get the login page to load up on my computer which is running IE 6.0.299. I can get past that first little pop-up by clicking OK but then I get the message: "ERROR: requested URL could not be retrieved" in the title bar and "

fractal - that must be a security setting in IE that doesn't allow you to view secure content with a mismatched certificate. I have no intentions of getting the certificate as it doesn't achieve anything. Check your settings or even better use firefox.

There haven't been ANY problems on the new server, so whatever problems are being experienced they are browser problems.