The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torsten

All data is safe. Pm's have been disabled for security. Still some log in problems.

As the subjects says.

There might be a few members who can't post as their profiles got corrupted. I simply don't know who that would be, so if you have problems, just e-mail me and I will fix it.

[email protected]

Some will simply have problems logging in because their password got corrupted.... in that case please use the 'forgot password?' function right next to the log-in fields.

Curoously we also seem to have lost the log-off function and the members directory. I hope that both can be restored in time, but for this weekend I've had enough of this.

:)

[ 16. June 2003, 05:53: Message edited by: gomaos ]

Hey T, great job gettin' it all fixed up :)

I did notice two things to add to the list of remaining funky stuff:

Where are the light bulbs that show what forums have new posts? I hit the update post indicators button- still no light bulbs.

Also, when I was in the 'View/Update Profile' section of my profile at the bottom it said:

An error has occured:

Undefined subroutine &main::DateFormatJSCalc called at NonCGIPath/Templates/public_edit_profile.pl line 701.

But before you get into that stuff take a break and have fun, you deserve it.

Todays post gave this error

Error

An error has occured:

Undefined subroutine &main::todays_topics_body called at CGIPath/ubb_search.cgi line 110.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

I know there are still quite a few problems, including the ones metnioned and various other problems associated with cookies. I was hoping it was just my computer

Here is the problem: I have been trying to make contact with my webhost for 5 days now without getting any replies. usually I get a reply wintin a matter of minutes, so there is something seriously wrong here. Given the recent puch by this provider to get everyone to sing up 'for life', ie pay lots now, but save heaps in the long run, I have the feelign that maybe he is a scam. This sever has been down at least 6 times since Wednesday and which is just totally unacceptable. As far as I know everything is backed up and even if the whole site went down I'd be back up in a day or two. However, until I actually know what is going on I really can't do much.

I have just bought some new server space with another host as a back up. Once I kow what the domain is I will post it here. That will then be an emergency portal site in case SAB & Wandjina (they are on the same server) disappear.

Given the problems with the forums and this host, I will be moving them anyway. The forums need a full reinstall to work properly I think. This won't lose any data, and can be done in a few hours. It just seems silly to do the reinstall on this server if it is going to go down anyway.

So please bear with this crappy version of the forums for a few days until I can ascertain what the hell is actually going on with the host.

Please do email me if you have log in problems, as these are due to script corruption and need to be fixed regardless of where we install.

I deleted my cookies after seeing it suggested on the ethnobotany australia forum but i still couldnt see the forums until i got home from work tonight and it all seemed to be working again.

many people are still having problems to log in. there appear to be some password issues beyond those affected by cookies.

I don't think this will all work until the full reinstall is done, but I only want to do it once and do it properly, so I have to wait a little longer.