The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torsten

How to upload pictures to the SAB server

There are two choices.

1) For those who want to upload big files and want to be able to delete them at a later time, please continue to use the ftp upload facility. It is a little more complicated and requires an ftp program. Users can manage their own file folders and filenames are easily accessible.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/Website/mi...upload/FTP.htmlFTP upload details

2) For those who have have no idea about ftp and don't need to gain access to their uploaded pics at a later stage we have installed a simple file upload facility. Large files will be deleted every few months as server space is used up. if an identical file is uploaded it will still have a different name as this program adds a timestamp to the file extension. Not a good idea if you want your pics to stay available for many years.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/cgi-bin/po...powup/powup.cgiFile upload utility

Once uploaded simply copy the filename that the program returns to you and paste it to the the end of this URL. Please note that the script cannot overwrite a previous filename. This means that pages of this site cannot be erased by people with malicious intent, but it also means that if you upload a file twice, the secnd filename will be changed slightly. Mak note of such changes when linkign to the file.

(For example: If you upload file "sheep.gif" once and then edit the file and reupload it, then the second upload will be called "sheep0.gif". The third upload will be "sheep1.gif" etc.

You cannot delete ANY files that have been uploaded)

http://www.shaman-australis.com/publicpics/http://www.shaman-australis.com/publicpics/

[ 12. April 2003, 02:02: Message edited by: Torsten ]

The CuteFTP upload is easy enough and there is a free of charge beta about too, but you may have noticed that I recently (today) cluttered up your public file with .swf files and also a .gif that I was trying to use as an avatar, trouble is I can't seem to get it to work.

Got any ideas?

The script works fine (I just checked), but it won't accept swf. On that page it lists the types you can upload. No idea if it will do others, but apparently at least not swf

I uploaded http://www.shaman-australis.com/publicpics/cactus.gif

and that is a gif, so there was no problem.

I have to assume your upload is not actually being activated, as I get an e-mail every time an image is uploaded to the server via this script. I have not had any e-mails in the last couple of days.

Does the page say:

File check OK ((gif) image gif)

and then show you the picture?

That's what it is supposed to do.

I'm having trouble logging in. I log in and get the message thanks for logging in but then it says I'm not logged in. I tried that a few times. I can post, oddly enough, and my post appears but then afterwards I'm not logged in. I can't check my messages. Sorry to post in the wrong place but I can't start any new threads. Email at [email protected]

super refresh and other things got recommanded,

i am pc illiterate but said problem only arouse for me if i went to sab (.com/)and than clicked new forums or so...

if you go direct to the new url (the .com.au/cgi-bla bla...) you should be fine!

btw, torsten

i had my pc set up totaly fresh,

went to the old forum and put my nick in, suddely the xxxxxxxxx's for my password came on without me doing anything!!?

------------------------------------------------

ahh, suddenly he felt like doing all sort of things....

[ 23. May 2004, 15:58: Message edited by: planthelper ]

I guess you've tried clearing your cookies thru "My profile" or with other programs?

[ 24. May 2004, 12:15: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

clearing the cookies and taking a direct link to the new forums fixes this problem for most. However, we have one person who has tried it all and has the same problem.

I am really stumped about some of these problems. For example, I managed to log into the account of this other problem person and had no problems, but even when he tried it on a different computer it still wouldn't work for him. Makes no sense...

if you can, try a different browser or a different computer to see if the problem persists.

I tried using a proxy that caches the cookies but it works no better. Do you have to have permanent cookies enabled? I use IE in a fairly recent version and win2k as the os.

I also noticed that when I log in using a proxy, after logging in I'm no longer on the proxy but am on it direct which is strange. I will try again with netscape to see if it makes any difference.

I really don't understand the cookies too well so I can't give much advice other than to delete them.

Changing browser should solve the problem. I'll have a look it I can fix this....

Yes I am having the same problem Stonehenge, and it is shiting me, I did not get this problem with win 98.

It shuts down after I post some times to.

And it is only SAB all my other forums are fine, they do not shut down the window or have any problems.

OK stoney, just tested your log in and it is working fine (including edit). I tried it on mozilla and IE5.

Please send me the following info by e-mail:

* the URL you use to log in

* the password you use

* the log-in name you use

Ronny, I'll try yours in a moment.

testing (this is torsten)

[ 25. May 2004, 22:13: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

OK ronny, it looks like this is not a server problem. It is a little too common for comfort though and we better work out how to fix it as it seems to affect a few people.

My computer is win98, so I will try this again on Daniel's machine which is XP. Won't be able to do it till tomorrow though.

All good, thanks for trying, do not waste to much time on it on my behalf, but if it is common.

My symptoms are as follows.

If I try to log in, I can type in the details but I am not logged in. I do not think I can read my pms any way I try. It sometimes crashes the whole browser and it trys to send window the error.

I can not edit my post, I can only post. If you have some whey of viewing my log on record you will probably find that it shows I have only been on for a second or two a day.

One strange point, I can login to the gallery and it keeps me logged in, no problem, hope this info if off help, good luck, brother.

I also get this message after posting,

Set-Cookie: ubber2452707.0831=RonnySimulacrum&cc2b622b4dcc51ffa80cb96184c328fb&RonnySimulacrum&30&00000561

&0&0&dd%20MMM%2C%20yyyy&kk%3Amm&0; path=/;

expires=Thu, 25-May-2006 11:49:32 GMT Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:49:32 GMT

Charset: ISO-8859-1 Content-Type: text/html

[ 26. May 2004, 00:17: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Originally posted by RonnySimulacrum:

All good, thanks for trying, do not waste to much time on it on my behalf, but if it is common.

Not common, but common enough to be a problem worthwhile fixing.

I can not edit my post, I can only post.

This is so weird. If it was a cookie problem then you could do neither I would think.

If you have some whey of viewing my log on record you will probably find that it shows I have only been on for a second or two a day.

Nope, no idea if such a record exists. I have never seen it.

One strange point, I can login to the gallery and it keeps me logged in, no problem, hope this info if off help, good luck, brother.

Gallery is a different program and it runs on php anyway I think.

XP can't be the problem as Stoney uses Windows2000 and anyway, it never seemed to be a problem before the move. I am stumped.

Have you tried with a different browser?

Ronny, just thinking that if the previous forum has anything to do with this then maybe you need to delete all the cookies from there. Problem is that I would need to open those forums to let you into your profile there. This should be done with the minimum of time, so we'll need to organsie a day and time where we will both be on line.

Alternatively, I might try and find a different way of opening it while not allowing anyone to post there. I have the feeling cookies from the previous forum are stuffing up this one.

have you tried deleting your cookies manually?

Cancel that idea. I just opened the old forums and realised just how badly they got toasted in the crash. Can't access forum profiles or anything else really. I may reinstall the forums on that server and copy the relevant files so you can log in and do the 'delete all cookies' thing from there.

If you guys know how to delete cookies manually from your system then that would be a hell of a lot quicker and eaier.

Well, I finally found out how to login. I switched to netscape and it works. I don't like netscape very much and will have to use it for this site only.

I have a suggestion. Let us see the message we are replying to when we reply to a pm. As it is, you have to copy and paste it in or remember what they said.

Originally posted by Stonehenge:

Well, I finally found out how to login. I switched to netscape and it works. I don't like netscape very much and will have to use it for this site only.

Netscape is no longer being developed, so it is a poor choice of browser. Mozilla firebird however is the continuation of netscape and has now left IE well in its dusty trail.

I have a suggestion. Let us see the message we are replying to when we reply to a pm. As it is, you have to copy and paste it in or remember what they said.

Yeah, it's annoying. But I am not a programmer and can't rewrite the UBB program. I have already suggested this to the developers and I would think its an easy and logical thing to do.

Stoney, what version of IE did you use? Maybe this problem is related to a particular version of IE.

Obviously it is not a server issue, so the logical thing would be that it is a cookie issue on a particular browser.