The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torsten

The upgrade nightmare ;)

6 gruelling hours, but it is finally working. And only some minor problems in the 'final' product. We appear to have lost a few archives, but that should not be too hard to fix (I still have them in the old format).

Member profiles should not be affected at this stage. I am going to let this run for a few days to see if any problems arise and then I will turn on the new security features. Please let me know if you have sign up problems or similar issues.

So what does everyone think of the new software?? There are a few features I won't turn on until the whole thing appears to be stable and is backed up again, but the features that are already here are pretty nifty. And the administrator's control panel is soooooo much better . After a year of being a lot of work for me I think this forum will once again be smooth and fun.

Archives are back. So it looks like we didn't loose anything.

Originally posted by somnif:

Looks good!

thank you! I am VERY happy wiht it all. Well worth the time. Can't wait to try out the security features, but I will wait for a few days to make sure everyone has had a chance to log in.

BTW, what a "Inatulet"? It's a word which seems

to have only two hits on google?

well, one of those hits should explain it then

I've never seen myself as a shaman or a chief, but 3 years ago when I started the forums I didn't expect anyone to know/understand/care about what an inatulet is. An inatulet is a healer who uses all that he has available to heal people, except that he doesn't claim to have any contact to other spirits etc to do so. he uses impirical knowledge of plants and other substances to do his work, but leaves the spiritual side of things to someone else. An inatulet will usually work closely with a spiritually gifted person - the other person recognising the spiritual ailments and providing the inatulet with the information he needs to put together a cure. The inatulet is a healer who can learn all he needs to know and only needs a good brain to do so, while the other person needs to be gifted from birth and needs to have 'that' connection to the other world.

Somethin' freaky just happened.

Hold on, testing...

Yup, FREAKY. I found a bug. When I post things I usually hit the back button several times to get to the specific forum or forum main page, but now I hit back and it goes to the 'thank you for posting' (normal), I hit back again and it takes me to the topic (normal), I hit back again and I get to the specific forum (normal), I hit back again and it says 'thank you for posting' (not normal), I hit back more and it scrolls through 'thank you for posting' pages and my profile and whatever else rather than taking me to the forum main page (not normal).

What the?

Is this happening to anyone else?

When I post something should I just close the window and hit my hotkey for the SAB forum main page since it doesnt Update New Post Indicators everytime I refresh or reopen the window anymore?

Is that why it doesnt Update New Post Indicators automatically anymore?

Its doing it when I edit posts too, but if I hit the back button 20 times real fast it gives me a blank page which if I hit reload brings me to the forum main page.

[ 19. January 2003, 14:55: Message edited by: Auxin ]

quote:

Somethin' freaky just happened.

While I am not exactly sure what the problem is,

try Right clicking (on the assumption your not using

a Mac :D ) on the Back button in your browser then

selecting the page you wish to go back to - reduces

RSI and defeats pages which automatically forward

you on to another page.

If you keep moving forward after a post there are

no problems for me :)

[ 19. January 2003, 15:30: Message edited by: somnif ]

Great forum.

Just wondering how I contact you regarding an order I placed just after Xmas. Funds were sent, as have numerous emails since, but all have gone unanswered.

Take care.

looking good,

I really like the archive feature :)

auxin - haven't figured out why it doesn't update, but superrefresh sometimes does it. logging out and back in also does it.

don't know about your other problem. I usually open every new thread in a new window, so when I finish with it (replied or not) I just close it.

Mally - haven't had time to check through orders. chances are everything is in order. will hopefully get around to it tomorrow. Your e-mails are not forgotten.

Hi Torsten

Do I have to log in and out

every time I check the forum?

I was on here yesterday and didnt log

out so this morning I,m still logged on.

Dont remember having to do this before.

Also just realised I,m member number two

woo hoo.If your not no. one who is?

Originally posted by Andrew:

Do I have to log in and out

every time I check the forum?

YOu don't have to log in to read them, but yes, you can't post unless logged in. Basically it saves having to ID yourself for every single post you make. Now you just do it once every session.

I was on here yesterday and didnt log

out so this morning I,m still logged on.

Dont remember having to do this before.

This is part of the new software. Once you log in your cookies all get set and you will see which posts you've read and which you haven't. To make things easy it is best to log in at the beginning and out at the end of every session. That way all info is up to date.

Also just realised I,m member number two

woo hoo.If your not no. one who is?

Not sure who No1 is. I was 'Admin' for the first few weeks until i realised I could change the admin functions to another username. So by the time I signed up I was no 12.

F*ucking software turned itself off today, so sorry to those who came and it was closed. I hope that doesn't happen too often.....