The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auxin

Upgrade?

Hey Torsten, I was just wondreing what ever happened to that upgrade you were planning?

Is it still in the works?

yes, after spending big bucks on the software I will DEFINITELY do it. I just got caught up in some unexpected and timeconsuming business matters which may see computer stuff on the back burner for a few more weeks.

The problem is that it is not the straight forward upgrade that will take much time, but the possibility of some major fuck up that will see me glued to the screen night after night for a week. If I did the upgrade and it caused problems I would at the moment have to shut the forums down for a week or two before being able to attend to it. I don't think that is desirable.

Guest electro

Torsten... set up a backup server (exact same settings)

- use norton ghost (trialware available from symantec.com) to copy the configuration perfectly

(note that if there is different hardware in the new pc you will have to install new drivers to suit the pc's hardware config).

Work on the backup server to change it over, then use it as the new server once you have proven that it works.

It saves the stress of downtime and losing data/having to restore from backups.

that would be fine if it was on my server.... we are hosted in a slightly freer country (on a server farm).

When I get around to it I will simply turn the forums off for a few hours and do the move. I am sure all will go well. I know this server and the software pretty well now.