The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VINS

picture gallery

hello Torsten

maybe it could be a good idea to create a place in web site for plant identification.

a sort of gallery.

i asked you about how to show a picture to all if you remenber. for people who doesn't know how to do it could be more easy.

a solution for identification but also to compare growing result or local variations of plants...

there is an ftp folder available for puplic upload on this site. damn, forgot the password for it. Any of those who use it regularly wanna help out here??

Thanks coin. I couldn't remember the password - but it was obvious.

It is advisable that anyone who uploads pics does so into their own folder (like most of you have done already). Vincent, you already have a folder there, so you can put your stuff into that.

help!!

What folder should i put the pics in on that ftp site posted above, there is no "public_html" located on that site.

thanks

when you first log in there are two folders. one is 'mail', which is defunct. the other is 'public_html'. open this and you will get a large set of folders with names of forum members. simply create a folder here with your forum name and put the pics in there.

rather than telling us what you CAN'T see, how about you tell us what you CAN see, so we can help you navigate ?!?

ok, i will try to explain you what i can see..

i can go to web-site, there i could click on species,..,.,forum...

when i am on the forum i could choose discussion, and there i could post a new topic or answer a topic.

when i click on new topic, there is always my password in memory.

i try to change it like Coin said but no result and no "public html folder"

maybe i am really not at the good place:what mean "log in at"

Guest Mesqualero

You actually have to log in (which means access) the Shaman-australis.com server via FTP.

FTP Stands for File Transfer Protocol.. Theoretically it can be done with a normal internet browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape but it hasnt worked for me.

You may need to download a FTP client program such as Cute FTP, which will allow you to easily access the server and upload files with simple drag and drop functions.

When logging into the ftp site, there has been no default path set for the user pics@shaman-australia, so it puts you into the root directory / (listing the file structure of the linux machine). There is no public_html anywhere to be seen. After searching around a bit, i located it in /home/pic/public_html/.

Now is that the directory I should upload the pictures too?, that is once you have created a directory for yourself within that directory.

are you putting for the login: [email protected], cos as i wrote above, it's [email protected]

but yeah, you found the linked directory /home/pic/public_html ..if you login as 'pic', that's where you'll end up.

sorry bout the FTP thing..i did explain it in another thread i think

cuteftp.com

[This message has been edited by coin (edited 30 September 2002).]

spiraleyes - don't know why it took you to the root. doesn't do that for me. but it is pretty easy to work out where to go from there anyway.

Open the public_html folder and have a look if there are a few folders with names you recognise. this is where you then put your own folder.

Don't worry, you can't 'break' anything. if you try to upload to a section that you are not allowed to access then the server will reject it. if you put it in the wrong place it will just be hard for you to find it.

Vins - you need an FTP program. Netscape has one built in, but it is crap. CuteFTP is the most logical one.