The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mesqualero

Can we be allowed to delete our posts?

sorry, no. reasons were explained a few weeks ago.

however, if you don't like what you wrote you can delete all the content, except for a single letter (or smilie wink.gif).

If not the faq should be updated.

"Editing Your Posts

You may edit or delete your own posts at any time."- SAB Faq

After all, many people read the faq before joining and this error can cause problems. Just a thought.

done.

Originally posted by Torsten:

sorry, no. reasons were explained a few weeks ago.

)).

Could you direct me to that post, I'd be most interested to know what happened , that made you change your policy here.

someone posted a friendly question. then someone else made a flippant comment, which was escalated by someone else into an insult/joke. The original poster then lost it and quit the forums for many months.

When I logged in all I saw was the initial post, the flippant post and then the original posters tirade and adieu. The insult was gone without a trace and the whole thing made no sense. Explanations were slow and the original poster was already gone. We finally pieced it back together and I decided that such problems could be prevented if people could not wipe their posts without a trace.

So the result is that you cannot delete your whole post, however you are welcome to edit it. In fact you can edit it entirely and leave merely a single character like a dot or a smilie. But you can't disappear without a trace.