The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

'Different world' may demand ID cards: PM

I've been thinking about this ID card thing over the weekend . After a quick stocktake of my wallet i have :

Credit card , Debit card , drivers licence , shooters licence , fishing licence ,organ donar card , frequent flyer card ,medicare card and a whole heap of membership cards to various organisations.

My question is what information will be on this Id card that is not on the ones i already have ? Don't get me wrong , I'm not in favor of the plan , and i do value privacy , but it seems all the information is out there anyway and Id card just seems to pull it all together in one place .

So is this a real issue to my privacy , or just hyped up paranoia ?

well i don't think the id card will replace the others, it will just be another one to add to your collection :)

when they start implanting us with microchips to keep track of us maybe more people will start getting paranoid. I think the paranoia is justified in this case.

I dunno but it seems that the media in particular is or rather always has been pumping fear into the masses with incorrect information and false facts, which lead to all kinds of missunderstandings and such. Living in this constant state of fear. fight or flight. Is what we have become conditioned to accept in our everyday lives. People are afraid of what they dont know/understand. Just some thoughts i was pondering on 2day. Have we always been like this constantly afraid and fearfull of wars, disease, other cultures, and the latest terrorism...

The reason i was thinking about this today was with the latest news of terror attacks regarding Musilms which in my eyes they are being used as a scapegoat, like other minorities in the past. It just seems like we are being manipulated with this fear(of terror attacks) to bring in tighter laws and controls on "Suspected Terrorist's", Which will obviously effect each and everyone of us and the way we live

[ 26. July 2005, 12:01: Message edited by: Young Tripper ]