The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blog

S. Divinorum now a S2 illegal drug in Qld

STATE authorities have launched a pre-emptive strike against the latest overseas drug crazes by banning four drugs even though they have not yet appeared in Queensland.

Premier Peter Beattie said yesterday that designer drugs called BZP, TFMPP and 2C-I had been banned in Queensland as from yesterday(20th dec).

Also outlawed was the plant salvia divinorum (salivia divinorum) – a Mexican native chewed or smoked by users for an effect similar to that caused by hallucinogen LSD.

"These drugs are already a scourge overseas and police intelligence reports suggest they could appear in Queensland," Mr Beattie said.

geee, Beattie is a bit slow eh?

Salvia and most of the other evil substances he mentions are already quite prevalent in Qld.

As for salvia, he is not very proactive (or doesn't understand the laws of his state). The Qld drug act automatically enacts any schedule changes made to the federal SUSDP and as such salvia has been a criminal drug for over 6 months.

So in polly-speak a 6 month lag means being proactive wink.gif

Bummer about the BZP....

sloppy reporting/writing:

after talking about salvia he goes on quoting Beattie: "He said the drugs ? also called Legal E or Legal X ? were sold in tablet form and had caused deaths in the US and Europe."

salvia in tablet form?? wink.gif

Now when people hear about salvia, the first thoughts will be of pills, and people generally associate bad things with pills.

oh, and salvia was never smoked by the natives to my understanding

"Also outlawed was the plant salvia divinorum (salivia divinorum) – a Mexican native chewed or smoked by users for an effect similar to that caused by hallucinogen LSD"

similar to LSD?

Salvia is a designer drug? hmmm...

"salvia in tablet form??"

It does exist, I've heard several reports of people making a sublinqual soft extract partitioned into little single 'tablet' doses. Sure you dont normally swallow the 'tablet', but doctors define tablet as 'a solid dosage form of varying weight, size, and shape, which may be molded or compressed, and which contains a medicinal substance in pure or diluted form.' That doesnt say you HAVE to swallow it, and salvia can be used as a psychological medicine, so a blob of soft extract would count as a tablet.

Actually, gerbil, the article/ blog´s post does NOT say that the native users of salvia smoked it. It says that USERS smoke (or chew) a species native to mexico. Technically this is correct (although there are no salvia users left in australia).

What´s this bit all about- "salvia divinorum (salivia divinorum)".

I LOVE Queensland- our very own Mexico. ;-)

ah yes gwydion you are right, i read it and understood it incorrectly smile.gif

Guest Mesqualero

I've also heard of Salvinorin blotters....

Guest reville

I always thought Victorians not Queenslanders were referred to as 'mexicans'

'cos they speak another language and keep migrating north biggrin.gif

Naaah. You see, the climate, attitudes, politics, agriculture, beer (and just about everything else) in queensland is very like mexico. Referring to victoria as ´our mexico´ is just lazy, because it`s "south of the border". And there are a lot of Queenslanders in NSW, just they`re too frightened of being deported to admit to it.

The beer is better in Vic than Qld, it`s colder, they DO speak funny but it´s not like a whole other language, and they play an odd sport (Ice Hockey, oh, sorry, AFL).

In short, they are more like Canada.

Another comparison.

Aussie/ Yanqui goes overseas.

"Where are you from?"

"Australia/ America"

"Oh Sydney/ USA"

"No, Melbourne/ Canada"

"Where´s that?"

Tasmania is Alaska. Everyone knows that.

And Reville lives in Beijing.

a local gnome found he did not need a torch to smoke 5X and wondered if extraction had increased the availabity or somesuch of the salvinorin,and what this might mean or be used for?

t s t .

if you know EXACTLY what you're doing then a torch in not needed, however not many do. And yes, the extraction makes it much more readily available.

if you know EXACTLY what you're doing then a torch in not needed...

& then if you have the faintest idea what your doing,

the attempt has failed.

SDextract.jpg

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 27 December 2002).]