The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

Northern N.S.W. Camping Trip, who's interested?

So I take it that you coming then DL? I asked Mesc to tell you that we would all love to have you there and the local knowledge would be invaluable!

Thanks for the really kind invite, but I don't think we'll be making it at this point. This has been a fucker of a year for me and social gathering are a little beyond me at the moment. I'm planning on just sticking my head up my arse and pretending to be a teapot over the festy season. Besides, my local knowledge down that end of town is probably worse than anyone's :)

But please, have extra fun on my behalf :)

I'm planning on just sticking my head up my arse and pretending to be a teapot over the festy season. Besides, my local knowledge down that end of town is probably worse than anyone's :)

I think with that sort of party trick we'll just have to kidnap you for everyone's entertainment - including your own :P

I can only make it for a day or two, so just come out for a day?!?

So I take it that you coming then DL? I asked Mesc to tell you that we would all love to have you there and the local knowledge would be invaluable!

Ooops..sorry too much going on atm and forgot :blush:

i definitely will be coming! and ill b into no illegal activities at all:)

just have to say,

my old man owns a gas operated bar fridge. hook it up to a small LPG gas tank (like a bar b size) and it will last for about 3 weeks. cold as a fridge kinda.cold enough to keep shit fresh last time i used it. hes decided to donate it to us to use for the week.

That's awesome.

That definitely help a lot I think! Thanks Amultes dad!

Nice one, thanks Amulte.

How are you getting up here, with Yowie, if so you may need to find out if there is enough room?

Nice one, thanks Amulte.

How are you getting up here, with Yowie, if so you may need to find out if there is enough room?

Yes thats a very good point. only realised it yesterday myself and been waiting to see him online so i can talk to him about it. its maybe the size of a medium box. if that makes sense.

YoWiE if your out there, have you got the room?? please get back to me and let me know so i can plan on how to get it to bacc's. thats if we are still meeting there?

Hello everyone.

Were almost there, only 5 weeks to go until the big trip :P so Rev and I are off this week to check out some camping sites and other places of intrest.

If anyone has a suggestion or something they think we should have a look at then please do so ASAP via a PM to Andyamine and we will endeavor to do so.

This brings me to another point that's had me concerned for the last week or so.

With the cost of petrol and the long distances that have to be traveled this scouting trip will cost in the range of $50-$60+ and many hours (6-10hrs+) of driving.

Rev and I are happy to do this but I think its only fair that some of the cost should be shared by those that are coming so anyone feeling generous enough to donate towards the cause please PM me for postal details.

I'm also having a scrummage now to see if I can find something to put up for auction.

Thanks for reading everyone and I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!

Well, after a bit of searching I managed to put something together so check out the link below for the NNSW Charity Auction!

Charity Auction for NNSW Camping Trip., Come place a bid in aid of the Big Trip

Please rememeber that this is a charity auction so all money will be spent on petrol for campsite/excursion scouting and anything left over will be spent on lamps and water/staple's etc. for everyone to share.

Any offers to donate cash, time or other items for auction will be greatfuly accepted and put to good use! :worship:

Well I'm busting my pooper to get there so I've asked Yowie to pencil me in for a seat on the magical mystery tour bus B)

This should be a great camping trip! I hope everyone has a great time. :D

I should take this opportunity to let you all know that I actually had my leave application declined a few months ago, hence my lack of activity in this thread after a certain point some while ago.

I will be in the area from next week, for about 2-3 weeks, but I couldn't go mid-January. :(

Have a great time everyone, and hit me up in my 'Benzito's northern tour' thread, if you want to hook up around xmas/new year.

Peace

ok all the buckeroos who are riding up with me pm me your details! adress and phone numbers ill get in touch in next weeks, need to confirm bookings and arrange boarding passes! all abooard and thankyou for flying YoWiE airlines. ill be checking internet atleast oce a week as im walkabout

:D Most excellant to hear from you wandering Yowie. I need to confirm a few things 1st with my new job and hopefully im all good to fly Yowie Airlines express to NSW :P . Enjoy the country side and chat soon mate.

about this mini gas operated fridge. unless plans have changed im gettin picked up in sydney. i live in newcastle and this fidge is too heavy to lug round on a train so im having doubts as to weather we can accually get it, yowie told me once we have the room for it. any one got any suggests? i know its not nessary but some think it to be a good idea. but unless i head down to sydney somtime in a car, with the fridge and drop into storage and leave it there till camping. but i dont think that will be happening, well see, but anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Amulte

Can we get away with esky's and ice?

How far time wise is the closest shops and servo?

Jono are you still up for doing a rations run from the campsite?

Otherwise does anyone have a hessian evaporative closet to hang in the shade?

Edit:If I can get my shit together I'm sure I can con the "teapot" into coming for a night around the gas lantern..

AFAIK Yowie has a small fridge in his car and we will have some coolers/eskys.

I would say that the closests shops would be anywhere from 15mins-45mins away..

If there is room and its not to much trouble, sure bring it, if not then dont worry, we will get by, either way we are all very greatful for the offer Amulte.

Its all good :P

not really my place to say so but i got some bad news the other night i think needs to be shared and the phone cut out so im unsure if he can get to a PC. our dear yowie cannot make it...

:(

Poor fella, he must feel awful about it. lets jst hope that you may have misunderstood or something? :(

Auuuggghh, that will change things for all you guys in a big way, huh.

Can you PM me ASAP with any details you have please.

I (and no doubt others) can transport people from the airport, train station or shops etc.. and I also belive there is a shuttle bus from the airport to the place where we are staying so if you can still get to the Gold Coast/Lismore/Byron etc. then you will be fine for transport. :)

our dear yowie cannot make it...

Bummer :(

how about a date entry in the calendar?

Poor fella, he must feel awful about it. lets jst hope that you may have misunderstood or something? :(

Auuuggghh, that will change things for all you guys in a big way, huh.

Can you PM me ASAP with any details you have please.

I (and no doubt others) can transport people from the airport, train station or shops etc.. and I also belive there is a shuttle bus from the airport to the place where we are staying so if you can still get to the Gold Coast/Lismore/Byron etc. then you will be fine for transport. :)

ive PM'ed you buddy. im sorry to break the news and im sorry if yowie didnt get to break it to everyone 1st over the phone like he wanted. last i spoke with our man the phone dropped out so im only assuming this to be the best idea.

im hoping to train it north to either meet point 2 or 3 is somone can take me to the camp site. due to the change, if its cool with you andy, what say you to me coming up ONE day early? im more than happy to help in anyway. after yowies change of events i WILL move heaven and earth to make this happen so one day early on a train would be cool in my books. ill PM ya.

but i am curious as to how sina and other that were booked into the yowie mobile will be getting there?

on other point i want to make, unfortunatly this is out of yowies hands. if anyone is as upset as i am i recommend writing to his employer. but not on his behalf.

i was wasted when i spoke with him but i swear i remember him saying it was about work and out of his hands. so even if its his boss or not it is still enevitable.

did i spell that right?

how about a date entry in the calendar?

Hu? for the camping trip it would b nice i guess... tho im not sure what you mean...

EDIT - tho is xmas eve so im not sure exactly right now. let me know if you need more info and ill call him :D

Edited by Amulte

Sina refuses to have obstacles in the way of this trip, and unless he breaks both his legs and his arms fall off into a whirling vortex of evil goo, he will be there :D

Things have been rotten at home recently so I am having difficulty keeping my shit together, but I am trying.

holy fucking shit! in 13 hours i can get to a meet place on a train, but in 10 mins i can fly there./..

WTF!?>Q!?!?!?!

if the meet is going to be closer to the coast rather than woy out west I would be happy to pop in a couple of times, rather than just once. That means I can provide a lift to anyone starnded at the airport or at Byron/M'bah train.

The date entry was requested because I can't seem to find what date was actually decided on and I don't feel like trawling through 3 threads with a total of over 10 pages :P

I am sure others will exclaim 'shit, that was yesterday" the day after the trip starts. I am sure I will unless I get an idiot proof reminder...