The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ishmael Fleishman

Cactus ID

Question

I got these cacti from an online seller but I forgot what it was.

Can people identify?

A few notes -

It has a few double spines for each areole and the spines are yellow to light brown in color.

Most are single-spined areoles.

It is throwing some major new ribs going from a 6 to a 9 rib.

It was cut from a very mature 15year old mother plant.

The seller stripped the spines before shipping and it has been a year now and they are slowly growing back.

The spines are soft and break off easily.

I am fairly certain that it is not a PC pachanoi - But I cannot tell the difference between peruvianus vs bridgesii.

IMG_0393.jpeg

IMG_0394.jpeg

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman

5 answers to this question

T. bridgesii, some varieties of which are known for 0, 1 or 2 spines per aureole (and combinations thereof). I doubt you'll see 9 ribs on a bridgesii. 4-6 would be more typical. 

7 hours ago, fyzygy said:

T. bridgesii, some varieties of which are known for 0, 1 or 2 spines per aureole (and combinations thereof). I doubt you'll see 9 ribs on a bridgesii. 4-6 would be more typical. 

Thanks - It currently has six ribs and it's showing growth of three more ribs as pictured we will see if they fully formed.

Do you remember if the seller said it was a specific hybrid/named clone? It certainly looks like some kind of T. Bridgesii, but if it is a named hybrid it could be the lovely SS02XJuuls' Giant (if it goes back 15 years that is.). 

On 08/08/2023 at 5:22 PM, thegreatartist said:

Do you remember if the seller said it was a specific hybrid/named clone? It certainly looks like some kind of T. Bridgesii, but if it is a named hybrid it could be the lovely SS02XJuuls' Giant (if it goes back 15 years that is.). 

The seller did not give it a name - just that she had acquired it from someone who had used it shamanic rituals and it came from a very old and established stand that she grew.

SS02-x-Juuls-x-T.-Peruvianus-by-Sacred-Succulents-NR-e1459498162915.jpg

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman