The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ishmael Fleishman

Trichocereus Pachanoi ID

Question

I bought this Trichocereus Pachanoi three years ago it was my first plant when I knew nothing I just bought it. The seller told me it came from a stand growing wild outside Adelaide.

• The mature growth of the ribs does not deep have ridges.
  • The ribs are not very round in cross-section
  • The side profile does not have the saw tooth look.
  • The color shows definitive blue tones.
  • The areolas have eyebrows above them.

It grows well about 300m in a season. This year it has given me my first pup.

What do you think I have?

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

7 answers to this question

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman
Correction

PC pach is nothing to be sneezed at. All of the pics (except #1) remind me of PC pach I've known and loved. (It's hard to tell from pictures, sometimes.)

Growth rate could be an indicator. Probably the reason PC is the predominant cultivar, and favoured for grafting, is its unsurpassed growth rate. I read words to that effect somewhere, maybe in Keeper Trout's vast archive? 

I recall one year where I had nothing but PC stashed under my house, it paid all of my doctor's bills. And then some. I love PC. 

2 hours ago, fyzygy said:

PC pach is nothing to be sneezed at. All of the pics (except #1) remind me of PC pach I've known and loved. (It's hard to tell from pictures, sometimes.)

Growth rate could be an indicator. Probably the reason PC is the predominant cultivar, and favoured for grafting, is its unsurpassed growth rate. I read words to that effect somewhere, maybe in Keeper Trout's vast archive? 

I recall one year where I had nothing but PC stashed under my house, it paid all of my doctor's bills. And then some. I love PC. 

fyzygy if you say it's a PC then I will go with it. I just want to attach a label to it. I do have not much use for grafting stock. So I might keep it as my sole example of a PC. As for growth, it seems to grow 20cm easily in a year.

However, honestly, it is a lovely-looking plant and worth keeping.

So far in my rather poor collection, I have

Trichocereus pachanoi Landrace (x2) - got it off shamanic practitioner but need to confirm what it is exactly

Trichocereus bridgesii Landrace (x2) - got it off shamanic practitioner but need to confirm what it is exactly

Trichocereus peruvianus Rosei 2 (x1)

Trichocereus bridgesii ‘Psycho0’ (x2)

Trichocereus pachanoi NZ Timewarp (x60 seedlings)

Trichocereus pachanoi Muticana (x4 seedlings)

Trichocereus pachanoi PC (x1)

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman

I give up on labels. 

Do you like to be labelled?

It's all marketing hype as a means to oppression. 

Fuck that shit. For real. 

Just label it lost label pach. In my honest opinion its not a pc, the aereoles are a bit small and doesn't doesn't have the serrated edges. Not much point putting a name to it if you don't exactly know what it is in my opinion, can cause confusion down the road

• Like 1

Indeed no PC. Too prominent notches and not the dull monochrome epidermis.