The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
fyzygy

Dreamlessness

Does anyone know how/why cannabis impairs REM sleep (for better or worse) and is there a workaround? I'd like to understand this phenomenon better. Would herbs like Calea zacatachechi counteract this effect? Or would cannabis tend to negate the effects of Calea z.? Is apparent dreamlessness an effect of habitual/chronic cannabis use, or would even occasional use impair the quality of REM sleep states? 

that one, doesn't remember dreams, when smoking cannabis, is well documented, and people suffering from ptsd, like this side effect.

when one stops smoking hemp, the dreams are getting very vivid for a while. those very vivid dreams can be a motivation to halter, frequent cannabis usage.

my understanding is, that you still experience rem sleep and dreams, but loose the abilety to remember them.

tobaco, is a very dream enhancing herb, but i knew heavy smokers, of both and they never remembered there dreams.

not falling asleep after stopping cannabis, is well known, i can take months for your body to re adjust, maybe it will continue to be an issue for life.

nice article, learned!

most gp think, if you stop a drug, the complications they caused will go away right away, but that is not so, at least not for me.

i can't even tell my doc how delusioned he is, as he would get offended.