The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ishmael Fleishman

Can I send Sending Nicotiana rustica seeds to Tasmania From the Mainland

Can I send Sending Nicotiana rustica seeds to Tasmania From the Mainland - say a small quantity of 10 seeds - it's not listed on the prohibited seeds lists I found for Tasmania. 

Put em in the post and off they go... 

Not prohibited under the Biosecurity act or Poisons acts. 

2 hours ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

Put em in the post and off they go... 

Not prohibited under the Biosecurity act or Poisons acts. 

I recently sent some non prohibited seeds to a mate in ye olde delta of Venus and they were seized. Seems like a lot of quarantine agents are using the "throw the seeds out first,ask questions later" philosophy 

There is a power play going on with Biosecurity (which quarantine now under) down here and there has been some over enthusiastic power hungry public servants.

They'll usually use the package has contaminants, vegetative material or the big taboo soil. 

Covid has had the effect of empowering some agencies, and cvnts. 

Tobacco excise applies to producing and dealing in tobacco leaf as a tobacco product. Also for controls of the movement of tobacco leaf ( prevent diversion to chop chop etc). 

The seed, leaf and plant is not up for excise until there is intent for use as a tobacco product.... Where the tax is. 

The whole poppy seed saga recently has been a bit embarrassing to Biosecurity on the public and political front... Theyll be some over enthusiastic actions if they can justify it in their grey matter. 

I have a friend who can send you some from within tas. DM me