The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ulca

What’s new?

Hey all, 

I used to be a forum user about 10 years ago but had to stop for personal reasons… 

things in life have stabilised now and I’m keen to get back into gardening and growing my collection (cactus mainly, miniatures) further but the forum doesn’t seem to be the “it” place any more.. what’s happened? What’s changed? Where’s the new “it” place? 

to dust off an old chestnut: I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was.Now what I'm with isn't 'it' anymore and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.It'll happen to you!Grandpa Simpson”

hope everyone had a great weekend! 

Welcome back mate.

Think I remember you.

I recently returned also after a bit of a hiatus. Definitely a much quieter community than it once was, which is a shame.

Will be doing some giveaways every now n again, in hope to further build back some community :shroomer:

Yeah, the old person u remember is just a small tickle in the back on my personality now.. which isn’t a bad thing. 

Think I’ll do the same, not sure how viable the seeds will be but I got about 35 10packs of assorted plants/cacti I’m willing to chuck in. 

Things have slowed to a snail's pace around here, judging by the gallery images ...

Seems like a lot of it’s moved to Facebook. Lol I’ve been using replacement terms like “fartbook” or “Facebonk” etc so many times that I had a brain fart of what what the word really is. “Facebook” didn’t seem right lol

btw, somebody stole my nickname "planthelper" and pretends to be me at facebook.

they use my good reputation, to make money.

PLANTHELPER ON FACEBOOK = IMPOSTERS

17 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

btw, somebody stole my nickname "planthelper" and pretends to be me at facebook.

they use my good reputation, to make money.

PLANTHELPER ON FACEBOOK = IMPOSTERS

Scumbags! I've seen similar behaviour on eBay too, abusing the website name of one of the members here. 

Caveat emptor, facebook friends. 

your post makes me think, it's ebay as well and not face book, in my case.

i found out about this, because people gave feedback, at the trade reputation thread here at sab, regarding cacti they bought from me at ebay.

but i don't have a planthelper account at ebay or anywhere else.

those imposters, have a lower standard than mine, so they as well jeopardise my reputation!

I've been the brunt of some amazingly bad behaviour on eBay -- stalking, bullying and abuse conducted via the eBay messaging service -- all perpetrated by a certain upmarket "sacred cactus" trader notorious for their voluminous hype (including the aforementioned SAB namedropping). This is separate to the various eBay sellers who've set up shop trading on the good name of public-domain educational sites like Trichoserious Ethnobotany, for example. 

1 hour ago, withdrawl clinic said:

so they as well jeopardise my reputation!

I guess it's a familiar story in the history of capitalist exploitation. Injustice, that is.