The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ZooL

Khat and road side drug tests?

I feel like i may have asked this before but cant remember the answer or find the post if i did and have done a bit of googling but got no clear answer.

Will cathinone trigger a positive result for the amphetamines they test for with the road side swabs?

• Like 1

The reason I asked this is that I've heard the synthetic stuff that is like the compound in khat but with a meth like tail added will trigger a result for amphetamines.

I think I need to find myself a corrupt cop and get my hands on some of their lollipops, is all so hard to find clear Info on this, is it 4 hours or 4 days? Will x y and z trigger a positive. I guess I should just smoke crack and inject heroin to be safe.

Don't know the answer to that one, but anyone who enjoys Kava should be aware it can trigger false positives for MDMA on cheap urinalysis tests. Not sure bout oral swabs yet..

Sorry for the post hijack...

this is a good question, i've wondered this too.

I'm guessing, but i'd say there's a fair chance of false positive on an RDT.

one of the primary metabolites of amph and methamph is 4-hydroxyamphetamine, which is further metabolised into norephedrine. Cathinone shares the metabolite norephedrine. I'm guessing they swab for 4-hydroxyamphetamine in the saliva tests, it's possible norephedrine produces false positives

Then again, I doubt chewing khat or driving after chewing khat is illegal, but I have no idea

Edited by saguaro
clarifying

Also dea in lions tale, will that trigger a cannabis result?

Is there some way to use FOI or somthing to find out exactly how and what is being used in road side testing to make some copy of it i wonder?

Thanks, I have sent them an email querying about wording and whether such a request is likely to succeed, depending on their reply if there is one i will give this a shot.

On 27/03/2023 at 2:23 PM, saguaro said:

Then again, I doubt chewing khat or driving after chewing khat is illegal, but I have no idea

it's illegal, there is a thing that's called the blanket law.