The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ricey909

Advice, comments, please

Hey looking on advice on how to divide/report. I am still looking for long term home, so leaning to dividing any and all comments welcome.  They grey is cement dust cleaned most of about 8 months ago still seems fine..

1666938766503993644728306073491.jpg

16669389407737102350800861148126.jpg

If you're happy with the form why not just repot. But you could divide and propagate from any of those arms. Cutting longer arms can make repotting easier. Cut at an angle to allow water runoff -- pups will tend to form at highest remaining aureole (as well as basally, from your pic). 

But during rainy weather, avoid cutting your cactus due to infection risk.

Always allow cut surfaces to dry and callous over, before planting out as new plants. 

You can trim longer roots as you repot, it won't hurt but may stimulate root growth, and makes repotting easier. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much, yeah I know basics, but thank you again. The two pups on top is the cut I wonder how to do properly your opinion, I can judge... I grew it from seed, not sure is it both ,female or male. Sorry and one sprouts from the ground.. that one will hurt me to split ... I get cleanliness..  sorry I forgot again these webs I use to clean but starting to think it's not hurting, but protecting ?

Edited by Ricey909
First time,

Hey Ricey, to save your hands when doing big pieces, try rolling up a opened newspaper longways, then fold in half holding both ends.  (Making a loop).  Use that to hold your piece steady as you cut.

• Like 1