The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
withdrawl clinic

treating hypertension with herbs

guys!

i got very high blood pressure, and have taken at least 5 different pills for this condition.

they all gave me bad side effects, with coversyl, the one with least side effects.

i am on maximum dose of idosyl, and it gives me bad side effects, dizzy head, muscle weakness, pale fingers, specialy in the heat, more sensitive to heat, slight swallen ankles...

as well they change the apperance of the pills and now i feel they are worse than before.

saw my doc about it dozens of times...

so i strted to research herbs:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3210006/

i ask for your input, as i know some of you practise tcm and ayurverdic (i'm dyslecic).

the list mentiones peganum harmala, so i gues caapii would be good as well.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/903860/

iam now looking sa well for uncaria rynchophylla cat's claw herb.

anybody got experience with bp reducing herbs?

i would still take the coversyl but want to reduce it back to halve what i take now.

i still had often hypertension even taking indosyl....

my dad had a stroke and the clot buster gave him a heart attack....

one of my mates aged 68, just had a stroke, active one day, the adult diaper the next day.

i want to avoid this, but the pills hamper my active life style.

• Sad 1

Herbs & Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Guide 4E

Untitled1.jpeg

Untitled2.jpeg

• Like 1

One I've heard of and seems to be very otherwise benign is Hibiscus/Rosella

Rosella appears to be a safe and well-tolerated treatment option, which may have a place in the treatment of mild-to-moderate essential hypertension. Data suggests that it may provide comparable effectiveness to some pharmaceutical antihypertensive medications. [1]

Edited by Alchemica

it is a serious condition, i tried 4 or 5 different pills, including mini press.

they all made me very sick, and i could not drive or walk well.

coversyl had the least side effects, but than as well did not seem to help, to lower my bp, i remeber a reading of 187/??? dyastolic i don't remeber maybe 112...

my muscles turned weak, my body was more sensitive to the heat, and the blood did not go to my extremities.

i as well got a hazy head with mild head ache for 3 months, and thought it's the coversyl. doc diagreed, any way i'm of the indosyl now, and had two bp readings one 126/100 and 142/???

so it did not get worse so far....

managed yesterday again to go on a field trip, which meant lots of walking.

another thing which is again better are the papilations, my heart doesnt pump as loud as it did...

there is the chance that symptoms got mixed up, but today is only the 3 day, i feel close to normal again, and the head aches ad\nd dizzy head i had for 3 mo0nths are subsiding.

most of my hypertension probably arises from anxiety, a thing doctors don't understand....

so far i try to meditate more.

celery everyday and garlic.

and i will use other herbal supplements.

that coversyl, took all the strengh i had left in my body away.

On 05/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, oncewhywechange said:

No booze or cigs. 

On 06/11/2022 at 9:00 AM, fyzygy said:

Eat more plants in general: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5466938/

i don't smoke anymore, and had stopped drinking, and maybe even my fatty liver went away (now it's back)

the more vegie thing is something i have to do anyway as well, because of diverticulitis disease.

i eat lot's of rice, and cook everything from scratch, but haven't learned yet to cook those yummy  all vegie meals.

it's a matter of changing your live stile, which is often not that easy.

it's funny how many vegies and fruits on the list, are vegies which i crave and like a lot.

i believe that the bp pills made it harder or next to impossible to excersise, so it was counter productive.

i got this head ache/ dizzy head since more than 3 months, (with arnolds accent, it's not a tumor) which i though came from maximum dose of indosyl.

i haven take indosyl for two weeks now, head ache a bit better, muscles work better, circulation to extremities better, less cough...

Reducing Salt to near zero - this is going to have the greatest upfront effect on your blood pressure - I love salt so try using potassium chloride this tastes like salt but is actually beneficial in contrast to sodium chloride.

Unless you have kidney disease/dialyses then you must not use Potassium chloride at all.

You get it from Coles/Woolworths.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-evidence-that-salt-raises-blood-pressure/

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-potassium-chloride-salt-substitutes-effective/

ishmael, what you say is true, but my body feels better if i use salt.

stopping salt would be impossible for me.

thx for the hint, using potassium chloride instead.

18 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

ishmael, what you say is true, but my body feels better if i use salt.

But will you and your body feel better after the stroke?

You can reduce your taste for Salt.

Mix the 1/4 Light-Salt with 3/4 Standard Salt and use it for two weeks. Then every two weeks increase the ratio of light-Salt (potassium chloride). eventually using only low salt which is still 50% sodium chloride.

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman

i guess i get the pottasium chloride at the health food shop, or pharmacy.

i hope, you did not get put back too much, by my laconic responce. i think your input has the potential to be the golden bullet, with this dillema.

so i go in more detail, i love salt, but cook all from scratch, and don't have take away junk food (they use heaps of salt).

i stopped the indosyl bpm, and fell "stronger again", what happend was, the indosyl made me so lethargic, and i had the feeling that eating "salty" made me overcome this lethargic sensation to some degree, crazy ahy?

i stopped the bpm maybe 3 weeks ago, and had my bp meassured twice, and it was lower than on the meds!

an active lifstyle with lot's of excercise is a good natural remedy against hbp, but those pills stopped me from doing that, a perfect example how western medicine, we only treat the syptoms, can be a bad idea.

mosy bpm were so bad i could not drive, walk proper or do my chores.

i hope to get on top of this now, before my risk of stroke even increases.

i thank you all for you input, i will try to source the potassiun chloride and the motherwort.

i think having an anxiety dissorder doesn't help, and i percive some sounds as threats... (my place got robbed and vandalised by the noisy punks at the close by basket ball court, selling meth).

the skaters are people i never had problems with.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:49 PM, withdrawl clinic said:

i guess i get the pottasium chloride at the health food shop, or pharmacy.

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 10.41.42 am.png

yarrow, garlic, tea, hibiscus, honeysuckle, valerian, ashwagandha -- all may have potential for treating high blood pressure, the latter being indicated for stress-induced hypertension

source: Healing with Plants: The Chelsea Physic Garden Herbal (2021)

i tried some of my home grown ashwagandha, a few weeks ago, and could not "feel it", but i probably dosed too low, the pill's i bought once at woolies, i could feel.

i am highly motivated to beat this, so i thank you for all your input.

the indosyl gave me side effects, including a pressure headache, which unfortunately stayed with me, even 3 weeks after stopping indosyl.