The Corroboree
PsillyBean

Soime tunes I created

Hey, long time lurker here, wanting to share some tunes. Would love to create for film or games but I have zero training so pls be kind : )

Generally a relaxed feel with some moodyness and energy near the end.

Thanks

https://open.spotify.com/artist/3EK18ibUoZw5Wd4zK5EFFk?si=g-bFfpdZQfmUm4bS5Kx7wQ

Edited by PsillyBean

Now with a link that may work 

https://youtu.be/JOgY3SXKmmI

Nice artwork. A few of the more delicate elements tend to be drowning in the mix, what's your recording setup/workflow?

18 hours ago, fyzygy said:

Nice artwork. A few of the more delicate elements tend to be drowning in the mix, what's your recording setup/workflow?

Thanks, I used a free program called GIMP to create the art work, you have possibly heard of it, it's like Photoshop. I use an Apollo twin with an sm7b into Flstudio with some Mackie monitors.

I thought the artwork looked ... analog!

There's some distortion in one of the sounds, presumably intentional. I figured from that you're probably using an all-digital workflow, because it's not like the distortion I'm used to (mainly vacuum tube). The Apollo Twin looks neat, I remember using UAD plug-ins a long time ago in a professional studio. These days they're using AI for mixdown plugins (e.g. Izotope) the results of which are educational if not always usable.

On 19/08/2022 at 2:51 AM, fyzygy said:

I love distortion, so yes , very intentional :) Ive used the Izotope plugin but it can overdo things sometimes.

What gear do you use? I have an Tube Engl amp but rarely fire it up these days. What where you upto in the studio, you a muso?