The Corroboree
naja naja

Possum eating Ca tha

So at what point does this turn from eating for food to this possum just being an addict? Bastard keeps stripping the top metre of the trees. Leaves the red alone for the most part, but smashes the planthelpers. 

481DCBA4-DA91-4771-ABBF-E6F6A1E52FE9.jpeg

481DCBA4-DA91-4771-ABBF-E6F6A1E52FE9.thumb.jpeg.b5159fa5b50745f7c7d306186fb0ee69.jpeg

You could spray it with chilli, but then again he might get a taste for your chilli's and start eating them too...

I really don’t mind too much. But it does kill the top metre for the last two years. It’s kinda keeping them all at the same height. 

just kinda curious as to what effects and whether this is feeding behaviour or addictive behaviour?

Lol, I have the opposite problem- wallabies stripping branches of young NL trees, bending down and breaking thicker vertical stems and ultimately killing the trees

Weirdly enough not the largest, oldest tree- they don't touch that, maybe it's too exposed

But I planted another six a couple of years back in more sheltered areas- they've never thrived and that's prolly the reason another old tree has never thrived either. One of the young ones is 2m high and completely stripped up to about 1.2m

Totally deliberate IMO- nothing nearby targeted. Explains why I don't see as many dead wallabies out the front these days, they're all hyped up and hopping faster ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

that all supports the story how the goat farmer from yemen, observed his flock eating it and as such thought, it has to be good for me as well.

i got possums and catha, but the trees are fine, the possums hardly go on the ground here because people have so many dogs.

possums move here using the electric wires.

obviously a learned behavior, and thought to the offspring.

• Like 1