The Corroboree
Ishmael Fleishman

Options For Potent Anti-Anxiety Botanical

My friend and I have anxiety, that affects our sleep and she has an OCD skin picking problem from it - we have used every over-the-counter and prescription drug on the market. Only the highly addictive prescription meds (like Vslium) work but the GP will not give them ongoing.

We then discovered cannabis and it is amazing - we both get 8 hours of solid sleep and her skin clears up. However, because of the stupid law, we are breaking the law. We are looking at getting a medical cannabis exemption.

We do not drink alcohol.

Are there any other potent plant options that treat anxiety and help with sleep?

Passionflower springs to mind. I think you need to take some care with preparation. 

The usual suspects included in "sleepy time" herbal teas -- chamomile, valerian etc. 

I think anxiety disorders qualify for medicinal cannabis prescription in Australia, when other treatments have failed?

Edited by fyzygy

37 minutes ago, fyzygy said:

The usual suspects

Just smell nice - but nothing but a placebo IMO

Passionflower looks interesting - is this referring to Passiflora incarnate?

Might buy some dried herb and if it works grow it.

Numerous passiflora spp. qualify for this application. Passiflora incarnata has been the subject of numerous scientific studies. As has Valerian.

Kava kava is another strong contender.

Other candidates for which there appears to be scientific evidence of anxiolytic benefit: baical skullcap, bergamot, brahmi, damiana, echinacea, ginger, hops, lavender, lemon balm, saffron, sage, schisandra, selenium, tulsi, withania. 

Edited by fyzygy

Kava is almost harder to get than cannabis lately, at least for half decent grade anyway. And it's stupidly expensive now also. I have tried the OTC extracts in tablet form and they are useless.

Anxiety is one of those things that you need to get to the root cause of so you can address it. Treatment is hit and miss. Mindfulness can be helpful to get through severe episodes, but as long as the root cause remains, it's not going away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Glaukus said:

you need to get to the root cause of so you can address it

Agreed - in both of our cases it works relate din part we both work in a high-stress - Violent & aggressive workplace both of us are looking for new work. My friend recently got a new job that should be better for her.

However, we are using another plant healer to recover from the trauma that my friend and I carry which contributes to our anxiety.

2 hours ago, Glaukus said:

Kava is almost harder to get than cannabis lately, at least for half decent grade anyway.

Totally agree

My local health food shop has some Passiflora incarnata and I will try it. It will act as a stop-gap.

• Like 1

I tried to rank some subjectively on potency once recently and came up with this list:

Lemon balm < Lower dose Passiflora < Lower dose skullcap < Zizyphus seed < Hops = Valerian < Oral lavender oil 80-160mg = lower dose kava = low dose CBD < Erythrina mulungu < Higher dose 25g+ Passiflora < CBD 600mg + < Higher dose skullcap < High dose kava. Some I haven't found overly notable despite evidence base eg Galphimia glauca

Things like saffron, lavender, passionflower etc appear to be worthy of consideration for the treatment of depression and anxiety with minimal risk of serious side effects. 

Even years after abstinence from alcohol etc, still find the Passionflower comparatively mild unless the dose is high. The skullcap seems more notably anxiolytic but I still require higher doses than normal.

As my 'chill' blend I used 300mg kavalactones + Skullcap and Passiflora [both dual alcohol/water extract]

In a study of herbalist preferences for anxiety reduction, the overall the herb of choice was S. lateriflora

It had notable effects in reducing subjective anxiety scores [1] S. lateriflora may be superior to pharmaceutical anxiolytics in its ability to produce mood enhancing effects without side-effects such as a reduction in energy or cognition or causing fatigue [2]

[1] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12652886/

[2] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23878109/

If it's OCD-like you might consider saffron: Saffron (Crocus sativus L.) has demonstrated antidepressant effects in clinical studies and extensive anxiolytic effects in experimental animal models. It reputedly has acute effects. Saffron is a potential efficacious and tolerable treatment for major depressive disorder with anxious distress. It increased mood, reduced anxiety and managed stress without side effects, offering a natural alternative to standard treatments and likewise has effects comparable to conventional pharmacotherapy for OCD. It has been used to augment and reduce side effects of SSRIs.

Saffron, derived from the stigma of Crocus sativus flower, is commonly used as a spice and as medicine in the Middle East and in South Asia. In patients with mild to moderate anxiety, extracts of saffron were reported to be effective in relieving symptoms in several RCTs (Akhondzadeh et al., 2005; Mazidi et al., 2016; Talaei, Hassanpour Moghadam, Sajadi Tabassi, & Mohajeri, 2015). Studies also show that the effects are comparable to standard antidepressant drugs such as fluoxetine (Moosavi, Ahmadi, Amini, & Vazirzadeh, 2014; Noorbala, Akhondzadeh, Tahmacebi‐Pour, & Jamshidi, 2005; Shahmansouri et al., 2014) and imipramine (Akhondzadeh, Fallah‐Pour, Afkham, Jamshidi, & Khalighi‐Cigaroudi, 2004).Saffron reduced anxiety and depression scores in women with premenstrual syndrome as well (Agha‐Hosseini et al., 2008).

Kava (Piper methysticum) originated from tropical islands and is used in traditional medicine. Dietary supplements containing kava extracts are promoted as a natural treatment for anxiety and insomnia. WS®1490, a standardized dry root extract, has been employed in several clinical trials (Gastpar & Klimm, 2003; Geier & Konstantinowicz, 2004; Malsch & Kieser, 2001; Volz & Kieser, 1997) and shown to have anxiolytic effects that were superior to placebo. Another extract demonstrated effects similar to those of buspirone and opipramol, prescription drugs used for anxiety and depression (Boerner et al., 2003). Aqueous extracts of kava have also been investigated by Sarris et al. (2009) who reported their anxiolytic activity to be better than placebo with short‐term (3 weeks) use but not as effective as oxazepam when given in acute doses for 1 week (Sarris et al., 2012). In another study, this extract increased sexual drive in female users and reduced anxiety significantly (Sarris, Stough, Teschke, et al., 2013). Kava extract also reduced anxiety and depression scores in both perimenopausal (Cagnacci et al., 2003) and postmenopausal women (De Leo et al., 2000).

Oral supplements from lavender are also available for a wide variety of symptoms. Silexan®, a product derived from steam distillation of lavender flowers, has been tested in several human studies that show its anxiolytic activity to be better than placebo (Kasper et al., 2010; Kasper et al., 2014; Kasper, Anghelescu, & Dienel, 2015) and comparable to prescription drugs such as paroxetine (Kasper et al., 2014) and lorazepam (Woelk & Schlafke, 2010) with fewer adverse effects. Lavender tea may also enhance the effect of the antidepressant citalopram (Nikfarjam, Parvin, Assarzadegan, & Asghari, 2013). Similar benefits were observed when lavender extract drops were taken with imipramine (Akhondzadeh et al., 2003)

Passionflower is derived from the flower of Passiflora incarnata, a plant prevalent in Southeastern parts of the Americas. Native Americans used it as a remedy to improve sleep and to reduce anxiety. One study that employed a traditional tea preparation taken before bedtime found that it can improve sleep quality but had no significant effect on anxiety when compared to a placebo (Ngan & Conduit, 2011). An aqueous extract of passionflower produced a slight but statistically significant improvement in anxiety scores in patients undergoing spinal anesthesia without disrupting psychomotor function or sedation (Aslanargun, Cuvas, Dikmen, Aslan, & Yuksel, 2012). In another trial, a standardized P. incarnata extract was reported to reduce preoperative anxiety in patients undergoing inguinal herniorrhaphy (Movafegh et al., 2008). When used as an adjuvant, passionflower extract improved mental symptoms more effectively than clonidine alone for opioid withdrawal (Akhondzadeh, Kashani, et al., 2001). In patients with anxiety disorder, passionflower extract was no better than oxazepam in reducing symptoms but had fewer adverse effects (Akhondzadeh, Naghavi, et al., 2001). Similar findings were reported in another study that compared passionflower with sertraline (Nojoumi, Ghaeli, Salimi, Sharifi, & Raisi, 2017).

Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) is a perennial plant used in traditionalmedicine in Asia and in Eastern Europe to improve physical endurance and mental performance. Results from studies of the root extract involving patients with anxiety (Cropley, Banks, & Boyle, 2015) and depression (Darbinyan et al., 2007) show that it can reduce symptoms when compared with placebo. In adults with stress‐related fatigue, an R. rosea extract was no better than a placebo in reducing depression scores (Olsson, von Scheele, & Panossian, 2009). A root extract was also less effective than the standard antidepressant drug sertraline in patients with mild to moderate depression but was associated with fewer adverse events and was better tolerated (Mao et al., 2015).

Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) is an herb popular for its relaxant effects. In patients with mild to moderate generalized anxiety disorder, a chamomile extract demonstrated modest anxiolytic activity when compared with placebo (Amsterdam et al., 2009). A follow‐up study of chamomile's long‐term effects showed that it continued to be effective after 38 weeks although there was no significant reduction in relapse time (Mao et al., 2016)

doi: 10.1002/ptr.6033

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Alchemica said:

As my 'chill' blend I used 300mg kavalactones + Skullcap and Passiflora [both dual alcohol/water extract]

Thank you for your detailed response - I will make up a blend per your suggestion.

The long-term effects of cannabis are different, for most users, than their experience during initial exposure. Many users report feelings of increased anxiety, during subsequent cannabis experiences. Granted, CBD and THC have different effects, but it's hard to control the balance of the two if it's in the form of a herb being smoked. 

20 hours ago, fyzygy said:

The long-term effects of cannabis are different, for most users, than their experience during initial exposure. Many users report feelings of increased anxiety, during subsequent cannabis experiences. Granted, CBD and THC have different effects, but it's hard to control the balance of the two if it's in the form of a herb being smoked. 

Agree, thank god for different varieties and edibles

23 hours ago, fyzygy said:

3 hours ago, Wood Chuck said:

Agree, thank god for different varieties and edibles

Recently I have been researching cannabis -the legal, economics, chemistry, social, historical and medical aspects of this plant. While initially, I was impressed with its effectiveness in dealing with my anxiety and stress. I am now more ambivalent after some use. 

Dosing is inconsistent when smoked depending on the strain and how well the joint is made. I do not like smoking anything and I can feel its impact on my lungs.

This is why I have been looking at edibles.

I have tried edibles but again dosing is a problem. I have had some heavy heavy experiences with edibles actually experienced visual hallucinations. Also, the body load is intense. I suffer from a hangover for 3-4 days afterwards from edibles. Coffee is your friend.

I however think the hangover is just from having taken too much. I am experimenting with dosage. I have these brownies and I have cut them into 1/8ths pieces and will see if the dose is more appropriate.

I have discussed medical cannabis with a medical professionals and they are supportive of its use believing that the data on cannabis for insomnia and depression is good.

I am however unhappy about cannabis's legal status and the current medical cannabis laws. They were set up to fail with the intent to make the medicine as expensive and hard to get as possible. Because at the heart of it I do not feel that the Australian government ever truly wanted legal medical cannabis.

I want full legalisation, however, I do not want to follow the American hyper-capitalist model. It seems that just leads to inflated claims about health benefits and mind-blowing high THC products. I am also not keen on the recreational use of cannabis and feel that medical cannabis is just a Trojan horse for recreational use. It is however early days and products, dosage may stabilise over time with a better range of treatment options. This is a great talk on the options we have going forward.

I am currently exploring getting approved for medical cannabis however medical cannabis is not financially sustainable for consumers costs thousands a year in some cases and it means I would like most people to turn to the illicit market. This is not something I want to do. I see parents in Victoria with epileptic kids having to score cannabis from disreputable elements of society, which much be so hard for those families, to be turned into criminals by our government. 

Approved for medical cannabis seems to only be currently used to avoid legal complications, by police and employers. However, their individual state laws are changing and complex. Victoria is currently looking to remove penalties for those who have a medical cannabis exemption found to be driving with cannabinoids in their system. However, currently, you will be charged with driving under the influence even if you have an exemption.

Looking at the US/Canadian cannabis market it is amazing the range of products and the THC/CBD blends that can be constructed to meet specific needs. I see they have hundreds of strains bred for specific needs. I feel that I would be interested in a 30/70 split between THC/CBD for my own needs.

I do feel anxiety around cannabis because of its shifting legal status and social stigma however the medication does not induce anxiety in me. However, as I said I am undergoing another treatment to deal with the underlying anxiety and I would prefer not to use cannabis at all in the future.

If it was legal to grow I would have a few plants and I would grow organic and I would juice the fresh green leaves daily.

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman

Yesterday I bought some herbs from my local health food shop. I made up a mix of Skullcap, Valerian, Chamomile and Passiflora for anxiety and sleep and I added Liquorice root for sweetness. I allowed my friend to administer it at.a dosage of three teaspoons in hot water soaked for 15 minutes, 30 minutes before bed. 

I made sure to use the placebo effect to my advantage, telling her that these herbs have "strong data" supporting their use and they are "effective", that this "will" make you sleep "really" well and that she will not have any groggy side effects on next day - a concern she has. Basically marketing the medication is just any good GP does when they prescribe any drug.

She took the dose as instructed and this morning I spoke to her and she said "WOW that stuff is amazing and I slept like a baby" 8 solid hours of sleep for her. 

Personally, I am skeptical of how truly effective the herbs are for sleep believing that "the dose makes the poison" and anything that can heal can also harm and therefore anything that does no harm cannot offer much healing - however, I am a sceptical bastard - however good medical treatment is as much about caring for your patients as it is about the administration of the medication. 

So it worked, now we will see if it continues to be effective over time.

43 minutes ago, Ishmael Fleishman said:

If it was legal to grow I would have a few plants and I would grow organic and I would juice the fresh green leaves daily.

It's a seasonal crop, so you may not have fresh green leaves all year round. Unless you went hydro, ugh. Assuming you'd get THA and maybe CBD from the plant this way? 

For prep of home-grown oil or (coconut) butter, with control over THC, CBD, CBN etc. I would research "Instant Pot" (newfangled pressure cooker with timer). The timer is key, since all the useful compounds degrade from THA over time. Decarboxylation and extraction is all performed inside a mason jar inside the cooker, easy quick and odour-free. This method was pioneered in areas where pot (and not just the Instant Pot) is legal. 

Vaporizers are the way to go for cannabis dosing. You can titrate effects carefully and stop where you want to be.

And much easier on your lungs.

6 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

Vaporizers are the way to go for cannabis dosing. You can titrate effects carefully and stop where you want to be.

And much easier on your lungs.

I have looked at a good vaporizer and it looks like a good option however one I was looking at came in at $400 - 700 (depending on extras) a price I cannot justify at the moment. Also, I have no plans for long-term regular use.

The cannabis juice is not to get high per se supposedly it's a mild relaxant and nutrient-dense popular in India and Carrebian where you have an Indian diaspora. People use the leave as tea again for the same purpose. I think the first humans to ever use cannabis would have eaten straight of the plant and eaten the seeds and then made a tea. Long before they burned it. I saw a Doco where it said that cannabis was burned in a large bowl in Ukraine just like incense in an enclosed space and that is how they first got high. 

I have looked at things like Instant Pot and other carboxylate tools some came to AU $500. However, I have just used an oven with a temp probe and a sealed stainless container and it worked really well I just have to watch the temperature carefully.

I would be interested in trying to do a CBD carboxylate schedule instead of THC.

4 hours ago, Ishmael Fleishman said:

Instant Pot and other carboxylate tools some came to AU $500.

Yes dedicated decarboxylating appliances cost way more than an Instant Pot, which does all this ... and more. 

Here's a few random tips from a guy I know very closely.

For a start go with the legal option for your cannabis products, it's quite easy these days, just find out which local doctor or medical centre does it and just join the program or whatever you have to do to begin with. I can only see it getting easier by the month, plus you have a good excuse if you ever get a piss test etc

Next tip is to only ingest orally and/or vape, which has a very different effect to smoking it, well for some people anyway. Smoking weed (combustion) actually induces anxiety in many people, while vaping greatly reduces anxiety without any of the bad effects associated with smoking (not completely sure why).

Also remember that you really shouldn't be vaping the oil if it's mixed with a carrier oil like MCT. There are good vapes for dry herb for under $100.

Oil or cookies seem to work fine weather they're cooked or not, the idea is not to be getting blazed anyway, always respect this powerful medicine and never abuse it or take it for granted. Try a few different methods and see what works, and give it a good hour or so to come on. Once again, if you're trying to get blazed then you'll probably find this difficult to get used to.

For those who can grow their own plants there are many options with THC/CBD ratios, so go for a good medicinal strain. Remember THC certainly does have its medicinal properties, especially when used properly. And then there are all the other cannabinoids to consider, so pure CBD strains are generally not as effective as others, a fairly-well established fact nowadays.

Many legal oil products come with precision dosing so keep track of exactly how many milligrams is the right dose for you. That way, if you change products in the future, you can easily calculate the number of drops to achieve the same result. There'd be nothing worse than arriving at a job interview seeing double, when all you wanted was to take the edge off your anxiety. Doctors will also want to monitor the milligrams so it's the way to go for a number of reasons. However, if you do need a little more here and there you can always whip out the vape for an immediate effect.

Not real sure about other herbal options other than try them all and see what works for you. I've found peppermint and dandelion tea to be pretty good. Valerian, passionflower, chamomile, etc, many of those options are pretty good additions to cannabis products.

Hope you find some useful tips here and good luck :)

• Like 1

Thank you Halcyon Daze it is very helpful I will be going down the legal option. I am making an appointment time today with Trava.

I am very much into entheogens and I treat plants with the utmost respect. However, learning to work with these medicines takes time.

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

Smoking weed (combustion) actually induces anxiety in many people, while vaping greatly reduces anxiety without any of the bad effects associated with smoking (not completely sure why).

Agreed.  Im of the understanding that more Thc is accessed at higher temps (above 180c), more Cbd at temps around 170 and lower. 

Hence if you decide the go down that road, you need a good quality dry herb vape to get reliable temperature control.  Many cheaper ones aren't that accurate.

German made Stortz and Bickle brands are the best.  The 'Mighty' or 'Crafty' are great portables.  Many people opt for cheaper mid range versions around $350 but imo its worth spending the extra $150 odd.  

Why?

.Accurate temps

.Even removal of goodies.  Some vapes can concentrate heat in one area, burning some matter and leaving inner parts of the bowl with unspent matter.  (Ive looked at the outcomes of a few different models through a jewellers loupe).  Over time the wastage from cheaper vapes would exceed the extra cost.

.Easy going draw.  Most portable vapes have too much resistance in the draw.  Like sucking on something with the end blocked.  The Mighty has such a relaxed draw with less resistance than any other brand I've tried so you dont have to bust a gut getting the party started.

Desktop models are generally better than portable.  Balloon type models are very pleasant to use, but more cumbersome.  The Volcano is the best of these.  However the Stortz portable versions rival the performance of desktops and are quick and easy by comparison.

Australian vaporizers are a good retailer.

Kindness H

• Like 1

I thought it was the other way round H, so a quick goggle came up with this.

Back a few years I used to vape a lot and I used to vape early in the day lower temps for a bit of get up and go and late in the day a more couchlock hit at the higher temps.

Each to his own, but I loved starting around 50-60 and work my way up, I like the different flavours..

• CBG: 126°F / 52°C
  • THCa: 220°F / 104°C
  • CBDa: 248°F / 120°C
  • Δ9THC: 315°F / 157°C
  • Δ8THC: 350°F / 177°C
  • CBD: 356°F / 180°C
  • CBN: 365°F / 185°C
  • THCv: 428°F / 220°C
  • CBC: 428°F / 220°C

This came from https://www.getmyster.com/blogs/blog/what-are-the-best-temperatures-for-vaping-weed

Cheers.

i only had a quick read over the whole thread...

all the herbs mentioned are very effective, and combos as alchemica mentions, i find more effective.

i have a severe anxiety dissorder, and feel better since i stopped using pot.

i think most if not all anxiolitycs, should be used only occasionaly.

kava, scullcap, withania are my favorites but, the problem lies that, in herb form the quality varies enormisly, and in a capsule most of the brands are crappy as well.

the effects of one small withania root, home grown, was not be able to match by pharmacy products.

many years ago, (but i could sleep much better, than now) i used a incarnata, hops, damiana, and what else product which was quite good, but recent similar products were inferior.

when it come to kava, most companies by cheap kava and sell it expensive for maximum profit.

i suggest as followes, i know there is very good instant kava legally available, if you know good brands, please post about them here (ther would be old posts regarding this as well)

as well please post herbal blend brands (a tounge twister), that you were happy with. the kava and withania from chemist warehouse is close to useless, even if you take 5 of them.

i work rather on acceptance, anxiety can be only helped occasionaly, as everything leads to tolerance and addiction.

my condition worsens with age, but i learn to deal with it much better. meditation, walking to a save place, visualizing one of your most comforting experiences of your life, that all can help.

say to yourselve in a caring mothers voice, i understand that climbing up the high ladder makes you anxious, or abusive neighbours and noise.

don't feel bad about your anxieties, say they have a good reason to be there, because of evolution, and try to help and warn you.

anxiety can as well be positive, like when you go for a field trip which poses some risks and similar.

allways take a risk assesment, i new i was sure to die, because i took a big risk...once, long time ago.

try to find the first event, the source event for you anxiety, being bullied, held over a ledge as a todler, lissenig to very bad news as a child, feeling the fgamilies anxiety....

this helps to not bash youreselfe up for your anxiety, IT'S VERY NORMAL TO FEEL THAT WAY!:wub:

57 minutes ago, withdrawl clinic said:

kava, scullcap, withania are my favorites but, the problem lies that, in herb form the quality varies enormisly, and in a capsule most of the brands are crappy as well.

the effects of one small withania root, home grown, was not be able to match by pharmacy products.

many years ago, (but i could sleep much better, than now) i used a incarnata, hops, damiana, and what else product which was quite good, but recent similar products were inferior.

when it come to kava, most companies by cheap kava and sell it expensive for maximum profit.

i suggest as followes, i know there is very good instant kava legally available, if you know good brands, please post about them here (ther would be old posts regarding this as well)

as well please post herbal blend brands (a tounge twister), that you were happy with. the kava and withania from chemist warehouse is close to useless, even if you take 5 of them.

Agreed, there's wild variability.

For herbs, I settled on doing very simple alcohol/water extracts on raw herbs as it provided a more reliable effect outcome.  Even simple water/alcohol dual extracts reduced to a resin then oven dried/dehydrator at lowish temps often leave generally effective extracts, often found they reduced to around 7X extracts after filtering all solids out and evaporating. It's easy to get imported extracts that are super questionably even what they say they are

No photo description available.

As far as kava, for the better one I've found at chemists (it's not great but find it better than others) is 'Bioglan' capsules that contain an extract powder that is better than nothing and can add to herbal synergies when better stuff isn't available.

Another one I've explored  in the past but forgot to mention is Californian Poppy root.

1876684729_calipoppyroot.thumb.jpg.f58667ef9b49d318b9b8003ddba94b05.jpg1198380149_calipoppy.thumb.jpg.46800e8af0e26a38128b9663c400c7a2.jpg

"...rather than disorientating the user, it tends to normalise psychological function"

Both aerial parts and roots contain alkaloids, the latter being MUCH richer (1.6-2.7%)

Traditionally used for several disorders “Reactive, agitated and masked depressions, melancholy, neurasthenia, neuropathy, organ neurosis, vegetative-dystonic disturbances, imbalances, constitutional lability of the nervous system”, as well as a sleep-inducer and sedative tea.

Relative safety is evidenced by traditional use of the plant, which can be found in the European market for more than 30 years without any safety concern.

Affinity for the benzodiazepine receptors and alkaloids increase the binding of GABA to GABA receptors
Binding to 5-HT1A and 5-HT7 receptors

1198380149_calipoppy.thumb.jpg.46800e8af0e26a38128b9663c400c7a2.jpg

1876684729_calipoppyroot.thumb.jpg.f58667ef9b49d318b9b8003ddba94b05.jpg

• Like 1

I just bought 200g of Vanuatu kava from an online Australian retailer, it's supposed to be good waqa grade but I'll report back here either way, good or meh.

Now that it's legal to commercially import it again I have hopes the quality will be good.

I have bought a few lots from various backyard grey market sellers in the last few years, and it was weak each time.

This seller has it for $179/kg which isn't cheap by any stretch, but the grey market was up to $200/kg or more and it was a total waste of money.

Fingers crossed...been years since I've had a decent kava session! 

IMG_20220709_164747.thumb.jpg.fb957327e7df1dd176c3ccd39d03eeec.jpg

IMG_20220709_164747.thumb.jpg.fb957327e7df1dd176c3ccd39d03eeec.jpg

SAB did sell a product called 'Zonk' that worked amazingly. It hasn't been available for some time (or so I believe), but you might find something of interest in its ingredient list (pasted below).

"Contains extracts of Scullcap, Blue Lotus, Hops and Celandine."