The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

GARDEN STATES - Ethnobotanical Conference - Dec 2-4 2022

Posted (edited)

Garden States

EHI602182-281ea9cbedb44e7cb45bd1bc0c7161

David Holmgren • Giuliana Furci • Dennis Mckenna • Keeper Trout • Janet Lawrence Margaret Ross • Keeper Trout • Alison Pouliot • Renee Harvey • The Seed SistAs • Snu  John Seed • Martin Williams & many more...

View the Program and much more via the website

A Three Day Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Research, Knowledge and Community

Book Tickets

Garden States 2022 keynote presenters include, but will in no way be limited to, Dennis McKenna Ph.D.David HolmgrenDr Margaret RossJanet LaurenceRenee HarveySuresh MuthukumaraswamyDr Alison PouliotThe Seed SistAsJohn SeedSnu Voogelbreinder, and the legendary Keeper Trout

Garden States Conferences are a community meeting point for plants and their custodians. These conferences are part of a a not-for-profit initiative designed to explore the intersection of humankind and plants, including botany, gardening, conservation, sustainability, culture, art, altered states, spirituality, philosophy, harm reduction and politics.

Get your hands dirty and learn how to grow and share ethnobotanical plants from the experts. Participate in citizen science and meet like-minded botanical folk from across Australia.

Garden States 2022 is a hybrid conference that takes place over three full days. There are two main ticket types with some variations and discount options. Attendees may choose a 'Streaming Ticket' or an 'In-person Ticket'. Friday the 2nd of December 2022 will be entirely online for all attendees, while Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December will include a community gathering for all in-person attendees, broadcast online for those with streaming tickets and unable to attend in person. All ticket holders will receive a copy of the 2022 conference Journal and after access to the recorded stream to rewatch for four months after the event. 

The in-person conference gathering will be composed of around thirty lectures, twelve workshops and five discussion panels that have been curated to help you along the journey to plant seeds for earth, body, and mind.

Garden States 2022 will offer much more than even our most enthusiastic ethnobotanical friends could have hoped. With that in mind, we hope to see you all at this extraordinary event and wish you, your family, and your communities the best over the coming months.

Book Tickets

Garden States Camping Option
We have some great news! If you’re thinking of coming to EGA Garden States 2022 and want somewhere to land your UFO, you’re in luck. There are now options to camp out under the trees and stars alongside other plant-loving friends whilst attending the conference. We’ve arranged a campground in the Dandenong Ranges for the exclusive use of conference attendees. Read below for more about this special offer and book your campsite.
Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 1

Hey fine SAB folks.

Yes, it is time for a national meet-up and educational expiration of the mind and body. 

I know many of you will be looking into this special event and travelling to this from interstate. Just a heads up, we are working on a community camping site for around 100 people. So get your tickets, and I will pass on more info about this soon. But for now, I say the site is near a station on the same train as the Conference.

The site owners are also looking at a shuttle bus option so you can think less and play more :wink: 

I am looking forward to seeing the community old and new this December. Please let us know below if you're going. We love seeing as many SAB members there as posible as always.

If anyone is interested in having a market stall there's a form on our website.

B)

• Like 1

Not missing this for the world

Is the one chance I have every few years to catch up with so many lovely old friends and colleagues all at once, talk plants and nobody gets bored, and hang out with Kaz at the bookstore

Caine, Jess and I will be running practical workshops, which is always a lovely synergy

If you've never been to an EGA before they are *famously* welcoming. No need worry about feeling shy. There's room for everyone<3

• Like 1

We have some great news! If you’re thinking of coming to EGA Garden States 2022 and want somewhere to land your UFO, you’re in luck. There are now options to camp out under the trees and stars alongside other plant-loving friends whilst attending the conference. We’ve arranged a campground in the Dandenong Ranges for the exclusive use of conference attendees. Read below for more about this special offer and book your campsite.

Enhance your Garden States 2022 experience by immersing yourself in nature for the duration of the conference amongst the good company of your entheogenic tribe at Condor’s Nest. The campground is independently run by the Condor’s Nest team, giving our crew and community a chance to connect and reflect.

Condor’s Nest is situated on a 7-acre property in the Dandenong Ranges with campsites, a creek, hot showers, a kitchenette and a large, undercover, multi-level space where the online components of Garden States 2022 will be streamed.

Learn more about Condor’s Nest camping.

• Like 1

Not yet sure where I’ll be staying, but I’m planning on attending.

Be there or be a four-sided shape!

• Like 1

Yes, so looking forward to in person catch ups, make sure if your travelling interstate you make a good 3-4 day weekend of it :lol: