The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

GARDEN STATES - Ethnobotanical Conference - Dec 2-4 2022

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ed93ee4b8a158835Garden StatesEHI602182-5df8bf833b64498080bd63d75b5ab0

David Holmgren  • Keeper Trout • Janet Lawrence • Douglas Rushkoff  Margaret Ross • Keeper Trout • Alison Pouliot • Renee Harvey • The Seed SistAs • Snu • John Seed  Martin Williams & many more...

View the Program and much more via the website

View EGA 2022 Garden States Timetable 

A Three Day Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Research, Knowledge and Community

Book Tickets

Join us for a Three Day Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Research, Knowledge and Community. Australia’s renowned botanical and psychedelic conference, Garden States 2022 is taking place from December 2nd - 4th and is a hybrid event, so you can attend either in-person or via live streaming.

With over 35+ hand-picked speakers, 12 workshops and 4 discussion panels, this will be a weekend to remember. Featuring Dr Margaret Ross, David Holmgren, Snu Voogelbreinder, Dr Alison Pouliot, Karen Hitchchock, Lynette Wallworth and John Seed, to name just a few of our fantastic in-person contributors. Streaming speakers include Douglas Rushkoff, Keeper Trout, Mark Pesce, The Seed SistAs and many more important plant minds.

We hope you can join us to get your hands dirty and learn how to grow and share ethnobotanical plants from the experts. Participate in citizen science and meet like-minded botanical folk from across Australia.

The in-person conference gathering will be composed of around thirty lectures, twelve workshops and five discussion panels that have been curated to help you along the journey to plant seeds for earth, body, and mind.

Garden States 2022 will offer much more than even our most enthusiastic ethnobotanical friends could have hoped. With that in mind, we hope to see you all at this extraordinary event and wish you, your family, and your communities the best over the coming months.

Book Tickets

After Party Info Here

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 1

Hey fine SAB folks.

Yes, it is time for a national meet-up and educational expiration of the mind and body. 

I know many of you will be looking into this special event and travelling to this from interstate. Just a heads up, we are working on a community camping site for around 100 people. So get your tickets, and I will pass on more info about this soon. But for now, I say the site is near a station on the same train as the Conference.

The site owners are also looking at a shuttle bus option so you can think less and play more :wink: 

I am looking forward to seeing the community old and new this December. Please let us know below if you're going. We love seeing as many SAB members there as posible as always.

If anyone is interested in having a market stall there's a form on our website.

B)

• Like 1

Not missing this for the world

Is the one chance I have every few years to catch up with so many lovely old friends and colleagues all at once, talk plants and nobody gets bored, and hang out with Kaz at the bookstore

Caine, Jess and I will be running practical workshops, which is always a lovely synergy

If you've never been to an EGA before they are *famously* welcoming. No need worry about feeling shy. There's room for everyone<3

• Like 1

We have some great news! If you’re thinking of coming to EGA Garden States 2022 and want somewhere to land your UFO, you’re in luck. There are now options to camp out under the trees and stars alongside other plant-loving friends whilst attending the conference. We’ve arranged a campground in the Dandenong Ranges for the exclusive use of conference attendees. Read below for more about this special offer and book your campsite.

Enhance your Garden States 2022 experience by immersing yourself in nature for the duration of the conference amongst the good company of your entheogenic tribe at Condor’s Nest. The campground is independently run by the Condor’s Nest team, giving our crew and community a chance to connect and reflect.

Condor’s Nest is situated on a 7-acre property in the Dandenong Ranges with campsites, a creek, hot showers, a kitchenette and a large, undercover, multi-level space where the online components of Garden States 2022 will be streamed.

Learn more about Condor’s Nest camping.

• Like 1

Not yet sure where I’ll be staying, but I’m planning on attending.

Be there or be a four-sided shape!

• Like 2

Yes, so looking forward to in person catch ups, make sure if your travelling interstate you make a good 3-4 day weekend of it :lol:

On 11/07/2022 at 4:15 PM, Yeti101 said:

Not yet sure where I’ll be staying, but I’m planning on attending.

Be there or be a four-sided shape!

Hey Yeti I hope we get a chance to catch up properly this time! I remember you giving me a hand with the coffee run at the last one but I got called away after that and promised myself I'd see you at the next one :)

• Like 2

Coming up fast, I know there are a lot of SAB crew in town for this, but will you put your hand up?

Who is in town from SAB for EGA? 

Now with an afterparty on the Sunday night - https://www.trybooking.com/CDBUC

:lol:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 1

Hey Ronny, I filled out a volunteers form last week but didn’t get any kind of confirmation email so not sure it went through.  Are you still looking for people to help out?

Sadly my partner can no longer make it, so I've got a full-price, general admission ticket for Garden States which I'll sell at a discount. Cost me $279. Sell for $229, which is even less than concession price. They're also showing as "sold-out", on & off. Please message me your mobile no. if you're interested. Looking forward to this event, and to meeting some of you all!

On 1/11/2022 at 7:18 AM, simhanada said:

Hey Ronny, I filled out a volunteers form last week but didn’t get any kind of confirmation email so not sure it went through.  Are you still looking for people to help out?

Hey Budgie, did they get back to you? I think they're looking for around 2 more volunteers - Try emailing [email protected]

On 15/11/2022 at 1:58 PM, budgie said:

Sadly my partner can no longer make it, so I've got a full-price, general admission ticket for Garden States which I'll sell at a discount. Cost me $279. Sell for $229, which is even less than concession price. They're also showing as "sold-out", on & off. Please message me your mobile no. if you're interested. Looking forward to this event, and to meeting some of you all!

If you can not find a seller, they let do a partial refund for an online ticket. If you like to stay home and tune in, or If you are busy that weekend you can watch it all later. 

But yes if someone looking to pick up your ticket you can change the name over easy, just ask [email protected]

• Thanks 1

Well here we are less than 10 days out and is almost completely sold out in person, I hope I will be seeing you and many other SAB folks there  :wink:

It's going to be a fantastic plant geek of a weekend :rolleyes:

• Like 1

----- Garden States Hardship Offer ------

Our community entirely funds EGA, and we've got to cover costs, but we also want the community to be with us for our upcoming conference. Through the generous support of the Nimbin Mardi Grass Protestival and Psychedelic Research in Science and Medicine, we're excited to announce a limited release of free and discounted conference tickets to tell your friends if you like them to attend.

If you cannot afford a ticket at full price, we can help at a 50% discount ($75)?  If you can’t afford a ticket at 50% off, then the free ticket offer is for you. We trust you will do what is right and posible for your situation. 

To redeem this offer, please make sure to select an 'Online Saver' ticket. This ticket includes all three days of Livestream content, a digital 2022 EGA Journal and four months' ongoing access to the Livestream content. 

After selecting an 'Online Saver' ticket, click book now and enter your ticket details on the following screen and your payment details on the screen. On the right of the payment details screen, you will see a field labelled "GIFT CERTIFICATE / PROMOTION CODE." 

Remember, these discounts are primarily for people experiencing hardship. 

The hardship code for 50% off this ticket is: 50ONEGA (if you can afford $75)

The hardship code for 100% off this ticket is: FREEGA100 (Free Tickets Limited to 50)

Kind regards

Entheogenesis Australis (EGA) Team Planting seeds for the earth, body and mind 

• Like 1

Oh mates, it's nearly conference time, the org team is running round like a bunch of cats with their hair on fire. But really, there's nothing they can't handle. They rock. There's gunna be a good core of serious science geeks attending too, and there is always always always a good chance to connect with new friends and old

Tickets from the Garden States site are nearly sold out.

There have been a few places I've seen tickets being sold privately in various FB groups. Which is great, we hate seeing people miss out on such an amazing event

If you are selling an EGA ticket privately you need to advise EGA so the new ticket owner's name appears on the ticket.

If you've sold your ticket privately contact [email protected] and advise them of the name of the new ticket holder

If you're buying a private ticket- make sure you have a copy of that ticket with your name on it

I advise paying for private tix sales via Paypal or similar so there's a chain of communication

For ticketing and other general conference information, see: https://gardenstates.org/faq-2/

Also. Ronny asked me to give this thread some love

How do I do that? Youse already know I love em all like crazy

Mind you a few of us are sorely tempted to set up a Lab Rat Lounge somewhere outside so all the recalcitrant science nerds can find each other without using human language. A bit too close to conference for such a great idea, and maybe it isn't a great idea, cos one of the best parts of EGA is the random mingling and connections made

@Yeti101 I'm so hoping to see you there and have a chance to catch up properly I still remember you doing that coffee run in 2019 for me, a bunch of undercaffeinated EGA staff is a fearful thing that was champion

Anyone else going to the after party? Go to the afterparty! Even if you don't make the conference, you can't make the conference, save yourselves some heartbreak, pretend you went to the conference and have a dance as well. $15 at the door or $10 if you book in advance at https://www.trybooking.com/events/landing/967878

• Like 4

On 28/11/2022 at 9:51 PM, RonnySimulacrum said:

I so taking out ambulance gold for the afterparty :lol:

I'm getting old, I only wanna take half an ambulance gold. Is it true it mixes well with dragibus?

+48 hrs and Caine's excellent EGA mushroom workshop starts and EGA starts and I'm looking forward to seeing you all there <3

• Like 1

Wow, that was amazing!! When's the next one!!? ;p

Thank you to all the organisers and presenters. It was absolutely fantastic and I enjoyed meeting some of you there. Hope you've had a restful week

Was definitely an awesome time. @Darklight, if you want to hang out sooner than the next EGA, let me know. 

will you upload some videos, so we all can learn and have a great time?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

will you upload some videos, so we all can learn and have a great time?

I notice there are some here already for ticket holders if that's what you mean, and I expect more to come over time