The Corroboree
Peanut

Caapi in a bubble cloner

Anything that can be cloned in an aeroponic cloner can be done in a glass of water on a windowsill, and vice-versa. With sufficient inputs of consumable parts, energy, and maintenance, the aeroponic cloner can get the job done quicker, for high turnovers. In order for it to be economically viable, you'd probably want to be turning over a lot of soft herbs for the black market. Unless you need significant volumes of clones, or don't have time to wait for nature, I doubt that a cloning machine is anything but overkill. At least, that's my experience based on the short time I had a cloning machine, before passing it on. Even high-quantity growers of the lucrative soft herbs variety, that I know of, avoid the aeroponic system and use a passive mini greenhouse and seedling mat instead. 

I have no experience propagating caapi. But have used an aeroponic cloning system. The neoprene collars won't accommodate a salvia d. stem, that's for sure. Caapi probably no worries - as long as it's the kind of plant that readily roots in water anyway. Khat actually looked promising, but I didn't have a few months of noisy operation to bother finding out. Calea_z. worked pretty well; although still no roots after 1 week in the cloning machine, it potted on fine. 

• Like 2

yep, overkill...

caapii is a very easy cutting, and the shape of the cutting is more important than the methode.

caapii is probagated the best by heeled cuttings, but will strike by most other means as well.

Woody cuts of caapi tend to root better in a potting medium like coir with some hormone powder, but you need warm weather or it's doomed enterprise.

Greener/thinner more pliable cuttings root up just fine, maybe even better, in a glass of water, and don't seem to be as reluctant in cooler weather. An aero cloner will definitely speed the process up if you feel like you want a new toy.

Thanks for the reply's. A friend has one in his garage and was i thinking of borrowing it and giving it a go  , just for a laugh and a bit of fun.

I may not bother now though lol.