The Corroboree
Wood Chuck

Chernobyl Survivors

I'm sure there was a Russian movie on the people there. I remember seeing it on SBS World Movies a few years ago. Seems like peoples sentimental attachment to the land was stronger then the dangers of living there.

16 hours ago, CanOfVBPlease said:

I'm sure there was a Russian movie on the people there. I remember seeing it on SBS World Movies a few years ago. Seems like peoples sentimental attachment to the land was stronger then the dangers of living there.

The article was about plants and animals having a cell that allowed them over time to adapt to an environment with radiation and human beings did not have this cell. As you know people that live in a area with radiation, because of sentimental attachment,  do not fair very well and probably never will. This will and has happened again and it seems a hefty price to pay to educate ourselves about radiation.

• Like 1

Oh apologies I didn't actually read the article haha. Yes it's been suprising that the flora and fauna flourish there without any apparent issues. It's definetly somewhat amazing what nature can overcome when it needs to.