The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Cubism

{New paper } Overcoming epistemic injustices in the biomedical study of ayahuasca: Towards ethical and sustainable regulation

This came through on my google scholar alerts just now. Sounds potentially like a good read, and I thought it might be of interest to some of our members here who are clued up on all this, but also for the rest of us less scholarly in this stuff. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet but skimming through, it looks quite interesting.

The full copy is on researchgate for anyone interested, but I've also tried to upload it, so hopefully that works and makes things a bit easier.

The researchgate downloadlink link is -

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eduardo-Schenberg/publication/355140588_Overcoming_epistemic_injustices_in_the_biomedical_study_of_ayahuasca_Towards_ethical_and_sustainable_regulation/links/615f9ebbe7993f536ca28437/Overcoming-epistemic-injustices-in-the-biomedical-study-of-ayahuasca-Towards-ethical-and-sustainable-regulation.pdf

Not too sure if this is the right place to post it but hopefully it's a good read for at least some of us here.

I'm certainly keen to read any thoughts by any of the awesome folk on here.

Overcoming-epistemic-injustices-in-the-biomedical-study-of-ayahuasca-Towards-ethical-and-sustainable-regulation.pdf

Overcoming-epistemic-injustices-in-the-biomedical-study-of-ayahuasca-Towards-ethical-and-sustainable-regulation.pdf

Edited by Cubism
Grammar and spelling - still can't type properly
  • Thanks 1

Urghh the uploaded file link isn't working for me. The researchgate link seems to be fine though.

It is hard to put the genie back in the bottle, once Indigenous knowledge has escaped custody of its traditional owners. Chacruna Institute, for one, is pushing hard for reform in this space. Personally, I suspect that framing the issue as one of "justice" probably won't appeal that strongly either to western science or capitalism. Decimation of the Amazon basin (for example) demands a radical reconfiguration of political-economic imperatives. Not even a global pandemic has been able to bring that off. It's ironic, but we need the medicine now more than ever before ...

• Like 1

Thanks fyzygy.

Hard to disagree with any of that. I really appreciate your input.

Sort of hoping micromegas and Mr Trout spot this and have time for some input. That would be awesome because I'm sure there's others but those two dudes have knowledge way beyond all of us.

Fingers crossed!

But once again, thanks slot Fyz. Cheers.