The Corroboree
Boof

Salvia divinorum

Hi

In April last year I paid a member on here for some rooted sally cuttings.  I never got them.  I'd resigned myself some months ago that I'd been stitched, but there were always what seemed to be reasonable excuses from the member so always gave the benefit of the doubt.  Not to mention that I'd forget and let weeks go by before checking in again...  Anyway, time to move on.

Any chance someone else on here can help me out?

Thanks

I know what you mean about giving the benefit of the doubt -- it becomes tiresome after a while. The culprit is probably counting on your kind-heartedness. 

How would you feel if another forum member fell into the same trap, set by the same culprit? 

Name and shame them, I say. It will make for a better community in the long run. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that boof. I haven't lost cash, however, have made a trade in the past with no return - It is disappointing.

If you're in Vic I can sort you out, free of charge (sadly, I cannot post as Sally refuses to transport for me).

Im in a (kind of) similar boat. 

I bought some unrooted cuttings, but the delivery coincided with a weekend trip, and they'd turned to mush by the time i came back. 

My fault, of course, but I was pretty gutted.

There was a guy in Brisbane selling some pretty expensive rooted cuttings on the SAB Facebook page last week, but looks like the post got taken down.

Pisses me of hearing these stories,   sorry to hear that Boof , I hope you can get sorted.

15 hours ago, fyzygy said:

Name and shame them, I say. It will make for a better community in the long run.

Yeah I thought about it but figured it's not worth any drama.  Twenty years ago I might have handled things differently (not that I know anything about this person or where they live!), but I've gotten more selective in my battles as I've gotten older.  If he's man enough (sorry ladies, or woman enough), they'll respond publicly to this post if they are genuine.  

Happy to provide details via DM if people would like to know.  

Just now, Boof said:
16 hours ago, fyzygy said:

Yeah I thought about it but figured it's not worth any drama. 

And now I'm quoting myself in a forum.  Is that weird?  Like speaking about yourself in the third person?  You've got me annoyed about the whole thing again, lol.  Maybe I will name and shame in a few days if there is no response to this post.

14 hours ago, mcgrath111 said:

If you're in Vic I can sort you out, free of charge (sadly, I cannot post as Sally refuses to transport for me).

Thanks for the offer mate, I'm SEQ

I been burnt a fair bit over the past couple of years and like you feel its not worth getting too upset.  I did post about it once but admin took it down. Its a shame because it disproportionately detracts from the site/community. 

These days i dont trade much because its dodgy, (its the thought that annoys me most, not the $ or plants.)  The free trade thread now falls over quickly due to people taking but not giving.  I ķnda know whos trustworthy from past trades and think carefully before trading with anyone else.  

• Like 1

It only takes one or two rogues to bring down an "honour" system. Commercial operators could use that to their advantage, by eliminating competition from this site. I'm not saying that's what's happening -- only that it could happen (and the more I witness unscrupulous marketing in other online spaces, the less I would be surprised). Hence, I say: name & shame, in the interests of preserving the honour system. Warn other users about these rogues. I don't think they should necessarily be banned, just avoided for purposes of material exchange. 

Cashless trading here has been extremely beneficial to me, despite my 1 bad apple. The gains have more than offset the losses. Even so,

Buyers -- sellers -- swappers -- beware: if you don't know the member, check the relevant member reputation thread. Hopefully, any rogue behaviour will have been reported there. 

Maybe write a post in the trade rep thread so if others check them out first they know to be careful. If they don't already have a thread in there just start one. It's a pretty damming way to have your trade rep started with a negative post.

But it also gives them a chance if they get their shit together to improve their rep if others post successful trades or sales. In a way it's a win win situation, others know what their like, but they also have a chance to turn things round.

Really sorry to hear about your experience though mate. And sad for the forum too. The amount of people on here that have gone above and beyond and far exceeded my expectations is amazing. Don't let one bad egg spoil things

• Like 2

Hmmm.  Said member started a thread in recent days, since I started this thread.  Will see if anything transpires.

I wish i had sally again. Was such a beautiful plant. I never used it so no idea what thats all about. but the leaves were so nice. But we had big rains one year and i think it got root rot. touchy things

• Like 1

So beautiful, a plant you can admire for hours...

It looks like my bees would love it when in flower!

Posted (edited)

I can't believe how badly people post plants . Ive sent Sally to WA from NSW which took 10 days in Summer and it arrived in perfect health...put it in a 1.25 litre bottle with lots of wet swag moss and wet paper towels and you have terrarium that fits in and OZ Posts poster tube...its bloody simple really !!!

Edited by Flux
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Flux said:

in a 1.25 litre bottle with lots of wet swag moss and wet paper towels and you have terrarium that fits in and OZ Posts poster tube

Do you mean sphagnum moss AND/OR wet paper towels? I guess the wet paper towel could be used to create a stopper effect to keep sphagnum in place ... ?

Edited by fyzygy

yeah, some people realy mean well, and go through, some lengh posting plants, but they arrive damaged beyond repair.

it's important, that nothing can move inside the package, even wet paper towel can move and cause damage.

1, send it with the original small pot.

2, seal the surface of the pot with reused plastic bags, wrap sticky tape over the whole pot.

3, seal pot in a cylinder made of cardboard, giving some space to the plant, but don't allowe the stem to be able to move.

the pot is not allowed to move, inside the cardboard tube at all, use sticky tape around to secure.

a plant sent in a tupper ware container, filed with wet towels, is not a good methode, because the contens, can freely move inside the container and get smahed up into pieces.

• Like 1

Sorry to jump in you post but I’m chasing some cuttings arms well, @Boof have you had any luck?

or is anyone able to pm me to organize a trade/sale?

12 hours ago, Dazed Botanicals said:

Sorry to jump in you post but I’m chasing some cuttings arms well, @Boof have you had any luck?

or is anyone able to pm me to organize a trade/sale?

Nah man, not yet

Posted (edited)
On 08/04/2022 at 7:17 AM, Dazed Botanicals said:

@boof cheers for the reply.

@oncewhywechange what area are you located?

Edited by oncewhywechange

On 25/03/2022 at 12:18 PM, withdrawl clinic said:

yeah, some people realy mean well, and go through, some lengh posting plants, but they arrive damaged beyond repair.

it's important, that nothing can move inside the package, even wet paper towel can move and cause damage.

1, send it with the original small pot.

2, seal the surface of the pot with reused plastic bags, wrap sticky tape over the whole pot.

3, seal pot in a cylinder made of cardboard, giving some space to the plant, but don't allowe the stem to be able to move.

the pot is not allowed to move, inside the cardboard tube at all, use sticky tape around to secure.

a plant sent in a tupper ware container, filed with wet towels, is not a good methode, because the contens, can freely move inside the container and get smahed up into pieces.

I've seen clone pods you can get specific for sending cuttings through the post.