The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
fyzygy

PC lookalike

Question

A few years ago I bought a cut off an eBay seller who was donating the profits to some charity or another. The cut I purchased was supposed to have been (from memory) a macrogonus x bridgesii cross, sourced from some historic Peruvian expedition in the 1930s. When the cutting arrived, it looked nothing like the advertised item, but a whole lot like PC pachanoi. The seller assured me I had received the correct item. Still looks like PC to me -- a bit thinner  on the whole than regular PC, but other than that ... indistinguishable?  

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0184.thumb.jpg.976e1b54b365ab27178e65e83e9f3465.jpg

IMG_0184.thumb.jpg.976e1b54b365ab27178e65e83e9f3465.jpg

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Older Post but that doesnt look anything like a bridgesii cross, sounds like he's tried to rip you off man damn :(

I don't think he was trying to rip me off. Probably just a tad confused, got labels mixed up, whatever. I bought several other specimens from him, no issues. I think he offered a refund but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, just in case. But yeah, I don't see a trace of bridgesii there either. 

Was the cross made in Peru in the 1930s? That sounds a bit suss.

Maybe if both plants were from that expedition and were more recently crossed. Anything's possible I guess but the whole story seems just a tad off in my humble opinion.

Could definitely be a mix-up.