The Corroboree
Enjaytee

Diplopterys

Ok so there is a Diplopterys (not cabrerana) getting around the Us which has been reported to contain nndmt. If anyone has gotten this into Aus can you please contact me. Cheers. :) 

• Like 2

Is that like p. Viridis? Quick image search looks very similar. 

Ah ok. Cool, hope some ones has some. Save plants from extinction 

Live Diplopterys Cabrerana plants (Chaliponga, Chagropanga) seems to be a very rare occurrence in Australia.

I've been told this is more to do with classification/taxonomy confusion than anything; previously being classified in the Banisteriopsis family as B. hereian Ratsch here.. though as Trout points out in Some Simple Tryptamines; "Diplopterys cabrerana (Cuatrecasas) Gates [Misidentified by Morton as Banisteriopsis rusbyana (despite this persistent error, they are not synonyms)"

It does feel quite different to Chacruna as it is said to contain 5-MeO-DMT or at the very least 5-OH-DMT (Bufotenin) in addition to n-n-DMT and is more commonly used as an admixture in the Columbian & Ecuadorian Yagé traditions than in Peruvian ayahuasca traditions.

Yeah @Flux I understand how “rare” it is. I feel like cabrerana doesn’t even exist. The species I’m after I think is D.lutea?? Should be able to get some to Aus easy enough just didn’t want to go through the bother if someone already had. :) 

On 07/10/2021 at 11:42 AM, Flux said:

I've been told this is more to do with classification/taxonomy confusion than anything; previously being classified in the Banisteriopsis family as B. hereian Ratsch here.. though as Trout points out in Some Simple Tryptamines; "Diplopterys cabrerana (Cuatrecasas) Gates [Misidentified by Morton as Banisteriopsis rusbyana (despite this persistent error, they are not synonyms)"

It does feel quite different to Chacruna as it is said to contain 5-MeO-DMT or at the very least 5-OH-DMT (Bufotenin) in addition to n-n-DMT and is more commonly used as an admixture in the Columbian & Ecuadorian Yagé traditions than in Peruvian ayahuasca traditions.

Yage (also known as yaje, hoasca, ayahuasca, caapi, pinde, or natema) consists of one or more hallucinogenic plants combined, but most importantly Banisteriopsis caapi or B. inebrians (Schultes and Hofman 1980, 1992) (figure 9.7). Other plants commonly added are Psychotria viridis, P. carthagenensis, or B. rusbyana. Banisteriopsis are lianas (thick woody vines) with dark ovate leaves and grow in Brazil, Bolivia, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, and Venezuela. [...] The primary hallucinogenic constituents of B. caapi are the β-carbolines. These include harmaline, tetrahydroharmine, harmol, harmic acid methyl ester, harmic amide, acetyl norharmine, harmine N-oxide, harmalinic acid, and ketotetrahydronorharmine (figure 9.8). B. rusbyana also contains DMT, as well as N-methyltryptamine, 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, and 5-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (bufotenin). N-methyltetrahydro-β-carboline is found in trace amounts.

* I too would like to grow this plant, B. rusbyana. Many websites (including Wikipedia redirects) suggest synonymous with Diplopterys cabrerana. The above source I've quoted -- Marcello Spinella. The Psychopharmacology of Herbal Medicine (MIT Press, 2001) -- doesn't reference Diplopterys spp. at all.

Which is odd, since Rätsch (1998) points to Gates (1982) as having cleared up the "confusion" regarding names, D. cabrerana being the new name for B. rusbyana.

Like B. caapi "rarely flowers ... commonly propagated by cuttings"

Edited by fyzygy
  • Like 1

Its like Unicorn shit..... :lol:

• Like 1

I have it in usa 

• Like 1