The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

EGA workshop suggestions?

Hi Good SAB folks

Can anyone suggest an Acacia growing workshop facilitator, closer to Melbourne the better? 

We have worked and still work with 

but sadly he can not do a workshop this EGA Garden States in December.

Anyone here feel like this is something they can do or any other recommendations for a workshop facilitator around this subject or others would be appreciated?

Happy to hear about any other cool ideas that seem relevant, we have fungi and Cactus coved for the most part already. 

Post here or PM me if you have any ideas, thanks B)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Come on folks, we must know someone ???????????????????

:ana:

Snu Voogelbreinder seems to know a lot about the alkaloid profiles of different species. 

Julian Palmer is another name that comes to mind. I'd love to pick his brain on recipes for acacia tea.  

Col Hawkes gave an inspirational speech about indigenous acacias once, but he also gave the impression that public speaking wasn't his bag. 

I don't know any of these people personally, or whether they might be available at the time.

Even if you can't get a name, perhaps a panel discussion or something a bit more collective in nature, might fit the bill. 

I'm sure all of those fellas are gonna be there, they're EGA OGs! What we really want is someone to do a cultivation workshop, I think.

I have seen Chris Johns distributing courtii plants and his own cultivated courtii seed, which is pretty cool. Haven't seen much else from him though, anyone rekon he'd be good?

Information on the cultivation of native Australian acacias -- as a general topic -- is pretty readily available, in books such as those by Marion Simmons.

For species such as A. phlebophylla - notoriously difficult in cultivation - there isn't much. 

There's a cactus vendor in the Dandenongs who has some experience cultivating A. phlebophylla. I think their business name is Cactilicious. 

Hi fyzygy and thanks for your suggestions, there much appreciated. 

Snu Voogelbreinder and I are close, but he is not keen on public speaking but has done it in the past. He gave this cool talk once ;-)

Also on this

, but is keener to pass on such things these days. 

As for recipes for acacia tea, there is a current talk scheduled by Benjamin Mudge you might be well interested in seeing, follow this link for more info click here

Yes, we looking for a 'downright dirty' physical Acacia growing workshop to add to the program.

:lol:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 1

We also had a call for a Microcopy workshop, anyone come to mind?

'Quick basics covering reasonable expectations, requirements for each job, buying, caring for ( most of the ones I've seen are dirty/ scratched someway ), pics with mobile phone, USB scopes, basic stains, lighting, sterile use of etc'

Any thoughts?

On 25/06/2021 at 1:59 PM, RonnySimulacrum said:

Hi fyzygy and thanks for your suggestions, there much appreciated. 

Snu Voogelbreinder and I are close, but he is not keen on public speaking but has done it in the past. He gave this cool talk once ;-)

Also on this fantastic EGA panel, but is keener to pass on such things these days. 

I'm surprised! I still remember from EGA... 200x? a bush doof one when he gave a talk on a panel. Really calm and measured speaker, and fielded some curly questions with aplomb.