The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Black Rainbow

New Shulgins Book + Online Symposium

The Nature of Drugs: History, Pharmacology, and Social Impact, Volume I

By Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin
Publication Date: 2021
ISBN: 978-0-9995472-1-2

The Nature of Drugs: History, Pharmacology, and Social Impact, Volume I was transcribed from the original lectures recorded on cassette tapes by Ann Shulgin at SFSU in 1987. This class was taught as an introductory course on drugs and biochemistry, and this transcription is a unique document being both a historical record of Sasha’s teaching style and the culmination in many ways of his philosophy on drugs, psychopharmacology, states of consciousness, and societal and individual freedoms pertaining to their use, both medicinal and exploratory. The Nature of Drugs is the story of humanity’s relationship with psychoactive substances from the perspective of a master psychopharmacologist and will enthrall anyone intrigued by this subject.

The full course of The Nature of Drugs will be published in either two or three volumes. Volume I presents Shulgin’s view on the origin of drugs, the history of U.S. drug law enforcement, human anatomy, the nervous system, the range of drug administrations, varieties of drug actions, memory and states of consciousness, and research methods. The discussions in Volume I lay the groundwork for Sasha’s philosophy on psychopharmacology and society, what defines a drug, the nature of a person’s relationship with a given compound, and for extensive examinations of dozens of compounds in Volume II.

Order here

Edited by Wile E. Peyote
  • Like 1

City Lights Booksellers & Publishers join Synergetic Press and Transform Press for a FREE two day virtual symposium on June 26 and 27 celebrating the pioneering legacy of Sasha and Ann Shulgin for the first Shulgin book since 2011.

Pretty impressive line up with panelists/moderators including Nichols, Hamilton, Fire & Earth, KT, Ann, McKenna, Rick, Daley, etc. etc.

Two of the events are at 5am AEST but the rest are at 8/11pm.

Register here

Edited by Wile E. Peyote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1